THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Oh I see. Yeah that's what I was looking at. Thought maybe the other person saw those as well

which details are you liking on this pair? This pair can be iDed can't it?

And yeah, with the 11 black space, the outsole just looked odd to me on. was too bluish imo.
Texture on the tongue.

Low-key speckles on the heel-cup.   And I like the red logos on the back.  The other black pair had red logos as well, but it really pops on these with the all black dark-translucent soles.  This is a really clean Kobe.  I'm glad they're calling them the 'Black Mamba.'  To me this is a must have AD (one of the few).  It will probably sit though, like most of the ADs.  Especially since two Kobes are releasing the same day.

Last edited:
does the current 20% clearance discount combine with regular promo codes? so you can get 30-40% off clearance? I'm trying to test it out but it keeps saying "time out, site down" when I try go search for items or go to the card on nikes site

Doesn't appear so.  I tried using a 15% promo code I got from Nike in lieu of a return and it wouldn't work.  It was one or the other.

Needless to say, I used the 20% clearance code.

yea you cant use two codes

the only way something like that works is if its a percentage code and one of those 20 dollars off 100 gift card codes they sometimes drop from time to time

Yeah everything looks legit to me. No flaws on my pair. I don't own a NXT before this but I did see them in person couple times and it's the same. I do find the heel pull tab to be cheap but it's Nike's choice of material.

Last edited:
The next morning the ebay seller still had my size so I ended up copping lol. I figure if the black/college navy pair looked good then this pair would hold me over until those got on sale.
do you guys buy these mainly for the performance? I've been avoiding them and sticking to the regular ADs.. these to me don't look like they are worth $200. very simplistic and kind of remind me of slip on vans or something so i've avoided them

do you guys buy these mainly for the performance? I've been avoiding them and sticking to the regular ADs.. these to me don't look like they are worth $200. very simplistic and kind of remind me of slip on vans or something so i've avoided them

Yeah these will be strictly for on court. These are the XI but with a different lacing system and bootie construction for maximum containment and lockdown. I like the AD casually and on-court too. I'm gonna stick with one of pair of NXT and get more ADs.

Have too many Kobes to list here since the switch from Adi.  As for the NXTs, I'm going to get one pair to add to the collection, just so that I have a representation of them.  It will be the white/black pair that releases this weekend and I will wear them casually.  And even then, the person at the store I've been going to for decades (literally) will allow me to use a discount. 

Have too many Kobes to list here since the switch from Adi.  As for the NXTs, I'm going to get one pair to add to the collection, just so that I have a representation of them.  It will be the white/black pair that releases this weekend and I will wear them casually.  And even then, the person at the store I've been going to for decades (literally) will allow me to use a discount. 
nice. what kind of discount, is this a footlocker store? 

NXTs are dope, but i cant pay $200 and the colorways have been too bland to me.

hopefully something comes out with more pop.

All the reviews I've read are that the NXT is very similar to the XI. 

However, all the reviews I've read about the XI is that major weakness is the traction is inconsistent. 

From a performance standpoint, is the traction on the NXT a major improvement on the XI?

Back
Top Bottom