THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Do you think the igloo ADs will sell out on release day? they are pretty cool
I honestly don't think they will. Nike puts way too many kicks out at once, there will be those and the purple ones dropping same day. Not to mention, with the price drops on other Kobe, KD, etc. people will go for the cheaper ones, and wait for them to go on sale. I mean it's smart to just wait. I'll prolly cop on release day, because im impatient lol

Don't ever buy kobes at full retail lol all these will be had at $100 or less! Don't let SNKRS fool you...

But resellers also might be one of the reasons for higher prices
Exactly!! The higher the retail prices, the less likely us average joes will purchase from a reseller, because a reseller would raise the price to even higher than the high retail price.

I honestly don't think they will. Nike puts way too many kicks out at once, there will be those and the purple ones dropping same day. Not to mention, with the price drops on other Kobe, KD, etc. people will go for the cheaper ones, and wait for them to go on sale. I mean it's smart to just wait. I'll prolly cop on release day, because im impatient lol
oh nice i didnt know the purples are coming out that day.  both pastel style colors

The days of basketball shoes selling out on release day are pretty much dead unless it's some super special edition. 
didnt the comptons and lebron/kyrie time to shines sell out on release.  all of these were later restocked 

Hey guys,

I just bought a pair of Kobe X and the heel feels pretty clunky; the protrusion in the back makes it feel like I've got snowshoes on. The zoom in the left foot feels a bit weird, almost like my foot is rolling around when I step. Otherwise, great shoe. However, the Kobe AD looks pretty much perfect but a lot of people are complaining about the zoom unit in it. Now, I'm coming off of KB Mentality shoes and it's all lunarlon with no zoom, so I'm trying to decide on the Kobe X or the Kobe AD so I get the zoom cushion seeing how lunarlon flattens out over time. A lot of the performance reviews complain about he Kobe AD but it feels like a lot of it isn't warranted.

For $95 USD, are the AD's worth it? The Kobe X I got for 160 USD, am thinking of returning those in favour of the ADs.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Hey guys,

I just bought a pair of Kobe X and the heel feels pretty clunky; the protrusion in the back makes it feel like I've got snowshoes on. The zoom in the left foot feels a bit weird, almost like my foot is rolling around when I step. Otherwise, great shoe. However, the Kobe AD looks pretty much perfect but a lot of people are complaining about the zoom unit in it. Now, I'm coming off of KB Mentality shoes and it's all lunarlon with no zoom, so I'm trying to decide on the Kobe X or the Kobe AD so I get the zoom cushion seeing how lunarlon flattens out over time. A lot of the performance reviews complain about he Kobe AD but it feels like a lot of it isn't warranted.

For $95 USD, are the AD's worth it? The Kobe X I got for 160 USD, am thinking of returning those in favour of the ADs.

Thoughts or suggestions?

A.D.s are a very underrated hooping shoe... one of my favorite out of all kobe models! I never liked the 10s, took forever to break in... u can't beat that price for A.D.s

A.D.s are a very underrated hooping shoe... one of my favorite out of all kobe models! I never liked the 10s, took forever to break in... u can't beat that price for A.D.s
I tried it on and it feels awesome in the foot, narrower than my KB Mentality and the grip (black sole) was perfect right out of the box. I play guard so I really like my shoes feeling as if they're made for sprinting, so responsiveness is one of my top priorities. The Kobe X seems to slip around a little but that damn clunky heel really annoys me, I just don't want to take any chances of trying to get used to them where as the ADs felt great right away.

I see that a lot of people on Youtube are complaining about the zoom air cushion, but seeing how im coming from the KB Mentality, this would likely be a step up regardless and a permanent one seeing how the lunarlon I got now is (according a LOT of comments) going to flatten out.

Thanks for the tip. I think I'm gonna buy a pair of the ADs tonight.

I tried it on and it feels awesome in the foot, narrower than my KB Mentality and the grip (black sole) was perfect right out of the box. I play guard so I really like my shoes feeling as if they're made for sprinting, so responsiveness is one of my top priorities. The Kobe X seems to slip around a little but that damn clunky heel really annoys me, I just don't want to take any chances of trying to get used to them where as the ADs felt great right away.

I see that a lot of people on Youtube are complaining about the zoom air cushion, but seeing how im coming from the KB Mentality, this would likely be a step up regardless and a permanent one seeing how the lunarlon I got now is (according a LOT of comments) going to flatten out.

A.D. are amazing. Definitely highly slept on, but most of those sleepers, when they finally wake up and cop, they come back and say how awesome they are and how they like them so much,  wish they hadn't slept so long on them, and eventually start copping more and more. I think people are sometimes too dependent and easily convinced on the opinions of others, and lots of people were turned off by reading reviews/watching reviews from Youtube, talking about how Nike ripped us off with the fake zoom. It turns out it wasn't fake zoom, it was just smaller zoom than the XI, and imho I think that is what drove the prices down compared to past Kobe's. (If you want bigger zoom, or full zoom be prepared to pay more $$ - - -  yes KD have full zoom but he's not Kobe, KD's are not the Kobe line)

But due to the A.D having smaller zoom, the heel comfort lacks compared to the Kobe X and Kobe XI, but not by much!! I admit they are stiff at first, but they are still very comfortable but just require extensive break in time, but once you're past that initial break in, look out because they perform well, look great, & are still comfortable, and are overall amazing kicks. Hope that helps

The ADs are a nice shoe out the box (was blown away by the traction). But man, after a relatively long break in period by today's standards (MAYBE 3 hooping sessions), they're one of my all time favs. Only improvement I would've made was to the outrigger, though it isn't a deal breaker. Like mindmarathon said, too many people influenced by the opinions of a few (Nightwing) and too many people didn't give it enough time to break in.

Hey guys,

Thoughts or suggestions?
i have a pair of X for league games and it took forever to break in, especially the upper on the bend area near the toes.  i've only tried on the AD and the cushion is really comfy, something i really like in a hoop shoe.  i just didn't like sitting higher off the ground.  other than that, AD should be a very good shoe to hoop in.  X for 160, that's a rip, at footlocker i've found 11 elite for 99.

i have a pair of X for league games and it took forever to break in, especially the upper on the bend area near the toes.  i've only tried on the AD and the cushion is really comfy, something i really like in a hoop shoe.  i just didn't like sitting higher off the ground.  other than that, AD should be a very good shoe to hoop in.  X for 160, that's a rip, at footlocker i've found 11 elite for 99.
I didn't have much of a choice, I wanted the peach/red colourway in the X and in my size it's not available anywhere.... push came to shove, but the ADs are way cheaper and seem like the better shoe considering that clunky heel in the X. Why are so many Nike shoes designed that way? KD's seem to be the biggest offenders...

Last edited:

I didn't have much of a choice, I wanted the peach/red colourway in the X and in my size it's not available anywhere.... push came to shove, but the ADs are way cheaper and seem like the better shoe considering that clunky heel in the X. Why are so many Nike shoes designed that way? KD's seem to be the biggest offenders...
are you looking for a shoe that would give you support while you perform a heel strike, i'm trying to understand what you meant by the idea that your foot rolls around?

are you looking for a shoe that would give you support while you perform a heel strike, i'm trying to understand what you meant by the idea that your foot rolls around?
Every time I stepped down it felt awkwardly out of position when my heel would land on the floor.... like the heel on the shoe was too far back and lopsided. The ADs are pretty flat at the back and not as wide around my foot's heel... the over all feel is much more natural when I walked around in them (when trying them out in store).

I'm looking for a shoe that's got good cushioning and let's me take off real quick. I rely on speed and quickness in my game.

Last edited:

Every time I stepped down it felt awkwardly out of position when my heel would land on the floor.... like the heel on the shoe was too far back and lopsided. The ADs are pretty flat at the back and not as wide around my foot's heel... the over all feel is much more natural when I walked around in them (when trying them out in store).

I'm looking for a shoe that's got good cushioning and let's me take off real quick. I rely on speed and quickness in my game.
oh yea, i know what you mean, i have the same problem with their full length zoom air runners.  if that's what's bothering you, then you probably want to try the lebron soldier line instead.

have any of them even sold out in general?
laugh.gif
comptons.  cool greys ? idk about those

igloos are already available on ebay in a few sizes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom