THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

People that get upset when others criticize a product they like are so weird to me.

The ones who defend companies due to the amount of product they sell are even weirder. Thats actually a reason to demand better,  not let them off tne hook.

Dudes are in here like " I dont see why anyone is complaining, I wore them for half a day casually on xmas and haven't put them on court yet"
laugh.gif

Or you get the guys " if they are good enough for (insert player name) I highly doubt they aren't good enough for you"

Thats just flawed thinking as well.

These dudes have unlimited pairs they are paid to take.

They buy ferrarris that break down and need service every 2 days, they live the disposable lavish life.

The kid who needs a shoe to grip a dusty floor and not break for a season is who should be concerned. 

People who want value for their money can also rightly be concerned. 

Hell the entire point of this website is to discuss how you feel about product.

This aint the kobe ad appreciation thread....the more opinions the merrier
My thing is the sheep that're saying, "So & so reviewed them & said they don't like them so they've got to be bad..." without even trying them out for themselves. 

"Dudes are in here like " I dont see why anyone is complaining, I wore them for half a day casually on xmas and haven't put them on court yet"
laugh.gif

The difference between me & the others who said that is I know by wearing a shoe if I can ball in it or not. Some just by trying on. Last year's Venomenon, I knew in the store that I couldn't play in it so they never saw my money. These, I knew once they were on my feet that they were going straight to the court. 

Opinions are opinions, but people need to form their own first. 

A lot of kids respect his performance reviews... so even though Nike isn't going bankrupt because of him it still doesn't mean they're not losing potential buyers.

I'm not a kid anymore (although I feel like one :)) but based off his and jarons reviews I did not purchase these shoes. I do not want a below average rated shoe for $160. I bought the kyries and hardens.

Why? His word isn't golden. So what if he reviews shoes?! Based on how the A.D. works for me, his review is incorrect so it's just a matter of opinion. 

I'm not his fan and I have loved shoes he hated but sneaker culture is really different now. These shoe tubers are assets for shoe companies, there are tons of people that hopped on adidas because of him. Why do you think shoe companies fly these guys around to media events.

His opinion is just an opinion at the end of the day but he influences tons of people. Hundreds of thousands of people seeing him bash the shoes is not good for nike.

I'm not his fan and I have loved shoes he hated but sneaker culture is really different now. These shoe tubers are assets for shoe companies, there are tons of people that hopped on adidas because of him. Why do you think shoe companies fly these guys around to media events.

His opinion is just an opinion at the end of the day but he influences tons of people. Hundreds of thousands of people seeing him bash the shoes is not good for nike.
And that's what's wrong with this day & age. 

I wore the ADs Christmas shopping.  6 hrs and 2 malls.  My pinky tow and ankles were jacked.  That never happened to me before, and I've been buying Kobes religiously since the switch to Nike.

I'm sorry.   Just my opinion, but I think Nike did Kobe-Heads wrong with this shoe.  I don't hate it's aesthetics.  It does look cheap with w/o FK (which I'm sure is coming down the line).  And I don't think it's all that comfortable.  And it's high. 

And the reason why people like me are complaining is because we have a passion for Kobes.

Last edited:
It's okay to complain, there are a few misses in the Kobe line. Can't be all perfect. Jordans had some duds too. Money saved for y'all until the next one y'all like :nthat:

The reason Nightwing is credible is because when he talks about the shoe he's reviewing, he sounds like he came straight out of the design room and knows all of the shoe jargon. Although his ball skills may be below average, he's super detailed and informative which masks them.

The reason Nightwing is credible is because when he talks about the shoe he's reviewing, he sounds like he came straight out of the design room and knows all of the shoe jargon. Although his ball skills may be below average, he's super detailed and informative which masks them.

This is true. Most reviewers reiterate
the same phrases like they read off a script

That's the main reason I like watching his reviews, you actually learn what tech is used in the shoes. Like he mentions at times, Nike used to put a sticker on the inside lid of their boxes that they used to put the tech info in there which is helpful but now I just watch Nightwings to find out which techs are used. He even talks about the history of the shoes from time to time.

I don't always agree with his reviews but his vids are very informative to say the least.

Yep.

He may not be a 'baller' in that sense, but he knows what he's talking about.  

He really did put the AD on blast haha.  Still waiting to try out my pair when the gyms open up.  I haven't balled in a pair of Kobe's since the 8. 

Probably not going to enjoy the AD, but here's hoping.

Last edited:
Could tell from the initial pictures that these were going to be a step back from recent Kobes, performance wise. My biggest gripe was how low that the heel cup extends in the back: the plastic comes right down to the outsole, leaving no space for midsole compression upon impact. Now, I know that the forefoot is where the majority of impacts will occur when playing, but why put a zoom unit in a place in which it will almost entirely be negated? From a design perspective, giving a bit of room between the outsole and the TPU heelcup (like the Kobe VI for example) would really improve heel-to-toe transition as well as take advantage of the heel zoom.

On the Nightwing front, just like with any reviewer, you have to consider what kind of stress they're putting on their shoes while testing. Personally, I stopped taking nightwing seriously after watching clips of him playing. Nothing against his skill level, but he just doesn't do the same things as I do on the court and thus isn't going to need the same types of things out of his shoes. Take Foamer Simpson as another example: does he know the sneaker industry (just like Nightwing)? Of course! But do I have the same frame as he does, do the same things on the court as he does, or have similar needs from a basketball shoe that he does? Probably not (I mean, dude's what, like 6'6"? How's a 6'1" guy like me going to push my kicks in the same way that he does). The most important thing to keep in mind when watching these reviewers is that everyone's looking for something different. It's recommended that you take bits and pieces from these reviews, and understand how that the different aspects of a shoes construction relate to how it will perform for you. These guys (Nightwing, Foamer, KickGenius, etc.) are all giving you guys the tools to be able to do this, it's just up to the viewer to piece it all together. 

(For what it's worth though, the guys who I look to for the majority of these details are Tre and JJones from Kick Genius, but that's just a matter of similar playing styles and body types).

I find Nightwing to not be particular enough. It seems like he likes everything except for the Kobe AD, "traction was awesome" on a lot of shoes with varying levels of traction. "The upper felt awesome" was it better or worse than shoe x though? That's why I like Sole Bros, they do comparison videos so you know the shoe isnt just awesome, but whether you should spend your money on it over this comparable shoe.

Also, to the guy above, Tre is probably the best basketball player that reviews kicks and is popular.

I wish KG did more reviews and when they do make reviews, I do hope it's both of them, it's like lately it's just JJones.

He got injured / busy with life. He even stopped working out for months

In the hover/preview for the thread, I thought you were describing Kobe for a second there. Dead ***.

These shoes are clean but have an uninspired design. He retired and it's like he and/or the design team just mailed it in.

I find Nightwing to not be particular enough. It seems like he likes everything except for the Kobe AD, "traction was awesome" on a lot of shoes with varying levels of traction. "The upper felt awesome" was it better or worse than shoe x though? That's why I like Sole Bros, they do comparison videos so you know the shoe isnt just awesome, but whether you should spend your money on it over this comparable shoe.

Also, to the guy above, Tre is probably the best basketball player that reviews kicks and is popular.
The funniest part is how mad the sole bros make nightwing. 

So people buy or don't buy a sneaker according to nightwings opinion? Peoples feet are different. What works for him might not for someone else.

The funniest part is how mad the sole bros make nightwing. 

Why?

Last edited:
So people buy or don't buy a sneaker according to nightwings opinion? Peoples feet are different. What works for him might not for someone else.
Why?
Because he is kinda a snob about sneaker knowledge, so you know the sole bros just mashing out weak content non stop, just has to burn his biscuits

To be fair, Sole Brothers could definitely do some prior research before doing their vids.

At times, it seems like they do not know what they are talking about whether it's the tech or materials or how things work.

Back
Top Bottom