THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Gonna get wrecked for my negativity, but sorry.  I'm a Kobe fan.  I kinda like these Navy shoes.  I liked the last release, the white ones too.  But not @ $160, or even close.  Maybe I'm just bitter at seeing this line go downhill, and I'm yelling at the clouds.  These AD releases are just 'blah'...especially after the barrage of great releases this past year.  Both the 11 and 9 were fantastic.  8s to 4s too.  Maybe that's the intention?  No way to match the bar that's been set the past decade, so just keep it going until the hunger for retros builds.

I'll wait for both of these to be under $100.  Then I'll make be a decision.  Even then, I'm not sure.  This line so far?   In a word; uninspired.  And yes, maybe I'm a flyknit wh_ore, but that might help a little.  Just being honest.  Even then, I think I would need to see a Beethoven or HTM type 'work' on this model.

I think this line needs to go 'retro' pronto.  So many fantastic shoes to be redone.  One every couple months; there are enough to last a decade.

It's just not worth it for me to invest in these anymore.  If these are fantastic on court, and I still played; maybe.
see you in the retro thread

Gonna get wrecked for my negativity, but sorry.  I'm a Kobe fan.  I kinda like these Navy shoes.  I liked the last release, the white ones too.  But not @ $160, or even close.  Maybe I'm just bitter at seeing this line go downhill, and I'm yelling at the clouds.  These AD releases are just 'blah'...especially after the barrage of great releases this past year.  Both the 11 and 9 were fantastic.  8s to 4s too.  Maybe that's the intention?  No way to match the bar that's been set the past decade, so just keep it going until the hunger for retros builds.

I'll wait for both of these to be under $100.  Then I'll make be a decision.  Even then, I'm not sure.  This line so far?   In a word; uninspired.  And yes, maybe I'm a flyknit wh_ore, but that might help a little.  Just being honest.  Even then, I think I would need to see a Beethoven or HTM type 'work' on this model.

I think this line needs to go 'retro' pronto.  So many fantastic shoes to be redone.  One every couple months; there are enough to last a decade.

It's just not worth it for me to invest in these anymore.  If these are fantastic on court, and I still played; maybe.

You have some valid points. I think it's been a lack of execution with the colorways for me. Seem to be almost more like tbs than anything. The first release shows some things that they can do with it. I think they will also release them in flyknit at some point. I wouldn't say that they gave up but every line is bound to have a model that doesn't quite deliver.

It's all tough that it had go follow the 11, if it followed the 10 I think we would all feel differently.

At least it appears they changed the upper material. It looks a little more soft, unless it's just the pattern that changed...

So what seems to be the biggest issue, the upper or midsole?
The fact that Kobe is not wearing/playing in them. Like all other Kobe dope releases, it would get bad reviews then all of a sudden after seeing them on Kobes' feet hypeness ensued. 

Back
Top Bottom