THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

No they didn’t. Huge Kobe fan but they didn’t outsell Lebrons. Kobe’s were only sold at FTL and NDC for the longest time. Lebrons were at FTL, Champs, FTA, Finish Line, Hibbetts and Athletes Foot. The Kobe I, II and III were almost invisible. I remember I used to get mad by remember the Lebron Solider line was wildly successful. I believe KD line might have done better than the Kobes. Kobes were more of an underground cult hit after the Kobe IV.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtba...340-million-for-nike-in-2014/?sh=760b90354e56

https://amp.www.complex.com/sneakers/2014/02/best-selling-signature-basketball-sneaker-lines-2013
You sorta proved the entire point lol. I really think you guys are missing what I’m getting at. And I’m speaking on the signature model, peak period Lebron 7-11 Kobe 4-8, not the overall line including takedowns and what not, Kobe’s line didn’t have all that right away, his was only overseas for the longest. NO, Kobe’s didn’t outsell Lebron, they couldn’t, Lebrons were being produced at a much larger number, and understandably so he was/is the face of the biz. As you stated, Kobe’s were not widely available as Brons. It’s really no point of me speaking on what I remember from this period as far as what was happening on NT. It would take forever to find post from 15 years or so ago lol. But even then it was argued that the only reason the Lebron line was outselling Kobe’s was because of production numbers. If you were here everyday you would’ve saw dudes bending over backwards to prove who was sneaker king of the big 3 sigs whenever the debate happened. Hell, I was amazed myself, that dudes were able to provide the info they did.

And KDs line is another story. If his line out sold Kobe’s at any point, it’s probably because of the price. They were barely $100 for a few models lol.

Well crap this happened last game I played:
363A1489-650E-4B15-A3C1-DEED63CEA687.jpeg
344BD1EB-4994-4FD7-B280-73F8A18A9C27.jpeg

Suggestions on what glue to use? I wanna fix it before it gets worse

Someone stepped on the foam and it separated the piece that says nikeZoom :smh:
Just glued it with the E6000 stuff, tried to fix the foam but that thing got messed up bad
414EDB8C-41B2-4E7B-94D7-95CD4CBEC075.jpeg

Put in a shoe tree in there so I’m hoping the rubber bands don’t deform the upper too much.

I got these for playing and I knew they’d get torn up, but this jus sucks :smh:

Just glued it with the E6000 stuff, tried to fix the foam but that thing got messed up bad
414EDB8C-41B2-4E7B-94D7-95CD4CBEC075.jpeg

Put in a shoe tree in there so I’m hoping the rubber bands don’t deform the upper too much.

I got these for playing and I knew they’d get torn up, but this jus sucks :smh:
Probably something you don’t want to hear, and trust, I wanna hoop in protros too. But I would consider moving those into casual wear to get the most out of them.

Probably something you don’t want to hear, and trust, I wanna hoop in protros too. But I would consider moving those into casual wear to get the most out of them.
Prolly gonna retire them after this season. I really don’t want to but I can see where you’re coming from.

Game tmr night and then the state tourney is Friday and Saturday. Then the National tourney is next week. Season over after that :frown:

I'm not a big fan of checkered design on the 4's. Anyone know why Nike chose this particular theme?

Also wish there were some contrasting colors on the soles. Design-wise the 4's have one of the coolest looking soles in Kobe line, but with just one color you can't fully appreciate these in full splendor.

Overall I'm fine passing on these (kinda surprised myself as I am thirsting for Kobes but these ain't it). Lets see how the 8's turn out and the Reverse Grinch, of course, is a must have.

I'm not a big fan of checkered design on the 4's. Anyone know why Nike chose this particular theme?

Also wish there were some contrasting colors on the soles. Design-wise the 4's have one of the coolest looking soles in Kobe line, but with just one color you can't fully appreciate these in full splendor.

Overall I'm fine passing on these (kinda surprised myself as I am thirsting for Kobes but these ain't it). Lets see how the 8's turn out and the Reverse Grinch, of course, is a must have.
Yeah I’m not the biggest fan of them but it’s been like 10+ years since I had a pair of 4s so I will prob try for them and take an L as usual. I wore a size 10 in the originals, did they update the protro to be narrower like on the 5 and 6? I had to go up to 10.5 on the protro 6.

Protro 4s fit similar to the OGs IMO. I went 1/2 up anyway. I always found them to be a tad narrow.

Those Gigi's are :emoji_fire: btw. I'm not even going to try to for them though. I value my mental health.

Overall I'm fine passing on these (kinda surprised myself as I am thirsting for Kobes but these ain't it). Let’s see how the 8's turn out and the Reverse Grinch, of course, is a must have.
Im assuming because they were designed with Gigi in mind… not really for us to Like or not but for Gigi especially since Vanessa is in charge of the estate

Back
Top Bottom