THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Unpopular opinion in the Kobe thread I suppose but I’m not tripping on the timetable of future releases…they’ll come when they come. In the meantime there’s plenty of really good performance shoes to wear until then.

Not hating on those feel differently, to each his own.
You’re right there’s a lot of good options out there

But these legs r getting washed , i can’t fight off Father Time forever 🤣

Don't want to derail, but what would you say are the top ball shoes at the moment? I've pretty much only worn Kobes and now that my OG pairs are failing me I'm not sure what to wear on court.
Depends on what you like…

LBJ 20’s, KD 15’s, Kyrie and PG line have all been good to me…none quite have the low profile/traction set up of Kobe’s but they all get the job done, just a little more plush and cushioning which is nice IMO

Reps are looking hella tempting rn
Yup. Would think the concern for you would be how long it actually lasts since you hoop in yours quite heavy. Wouldn't wanna risk a long term injury or have it blow out on the courts while in use. Just thinking back to your HoF pair that was legit but didn't last long.

Yup. Would think the concern for you would be how long it actually lasts since you hoop in yours quite heavy. Wouldn't wanna risk a long term injury or have it blow out on the courts while in use. Just thinking back to your HoF pair that was legit but didn't last long.
Yeah that was a bummer fr. I mean when I hoop I go all out so I took it hard on them.

But GK reps are supposedly really good performers. B bigHazy32 ?

Yeah that was a bummer fr. I mean when I hoop I go all out so I took it hard on them.

But GK reps are supposedly really good performers. B bigHazy32 ?
Yeah they perform pretty well, I wore some today lol. They just came out with the reverse Bruce Lee 5s too which are fire.

Don’t wanna clutter this thread too much tho.

Attachments

• B90B46CB-4707-4404-809D-200AEBC79D56.jpeg
    B90B46CB-4707-4404-809D-200AEBC79D56.jpeg
    407.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 5768D269-7888-4B50-9AE2-197F5AB483BD.jpeg
    5768D269-7888-4B50-9AE2-197F5AB483BD.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 96392E9B-1D36-42FB-A656-F4931749E832.jpeg
    96392E9B-1D36-42FB-A656-F4931749E832.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 907
Yeah it really is crazy these days. Makes it very hard to pay resale for sure.
I’m hella tempted but I’m also a true sz 13 so getting 0.5 up not gonna happen. Makes it easier to just forget the idea. But I might cave and get a 13 and deal with the tightness/break in period. I don’t like extra room for hoop- so a 14 prob a bad idea. But good idea if I wanted em for casual. Which isn’t my goal

I’m hella tempted but I’m also a true sz 13 so getting 0.5 up not gonna happen. Makes it easier to just forget the idea. But I might cave and get a 13 and deal with the tightness/break in period. I don’t like extra room for hoop- so a 14 prob a bad idea. But good idea if I wanted em for casual. Which isn’t my goal
Yeah the lack of half sizes is one of the biggest issues for sure! If you get a 13 just put them on a shoe stretcher for a bit to save your feet.

You could also just take the insole out and wear them for a few cardio sessions until the foam breaks in and the shoe loosens up, then put the insole back in

Last edited:
Peak Nike Basketbal…all-star, BHM, Easter, xmas…they were all sought after and for with a little footwork or luck they were attainable. Now they don’t even drop BHM to the public and they don’t do Easter or Xmas every year.
Yessir they had some 🔥 colorways although the all stars and Venice beaches were big swings and misses for me lol. Too bad sparks never got the wide release. I remember the confusion when some NTers copped on kickscrew for good deals, and they kept changing the price every day, a lot of folks assumed they’d actually release. Then when it became known they wouldn’t, prices were OD and the early NTers had a nice come up.
My fav 8s were the Christmas 1.0 and purple fades.

Do you guys think the Kobe 8 Protro would have people arguing if the back logo should be the full shozoku or just the straight lines like people argue about Nike air on Jordan 3s/4s?
Just a random thought I had watching the new weartesters video on the Thunder 4s😂.

Back
Top Bottom