THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

If they really do have Jordan Brand-like plans for the Kobe line, then it's just a matter of time before we get some fan-favorite colorways or even PEs worn by the man himself.

Nike held several in-person discussions on Kobe and his line during the summer. I will say at that time they were in the planning stages. And the reason why I'm not expecting much until 2024 even with the mention of relaunching the brand in August 2023.

Again you have no idea what you're talking about. Nike has big plans for the Kobe line. Think Jordan Brand. They aren't going to rush things, saturate the market, and experience what happened last time.
Man don’t act like you got inside information lol from what’s being released so far it’s just obvious what’s going on we’re all speculating

If they really do have Jordan Brand-like plans for the Kobe line, then it's just a matter of time before we get some fan-favorite colorways or even PEs worn by the man himself.
Yea it's essentially this. Just like we had to wait for a deal re-up... which we obviously weren't sure was going to happen. Gotta wait it out to see if pairs personally wanted will release.

So as just mentioned a few posts above, yes if they not to your liking don't buy em... it's money saved. If you want Kobes for hooping... what does it matter if it's not an OG colorway.

Man don’t act like you got inside information lol from what’s being released so far it’s just obvious what’s going on we’re all speculating

I don’t. But I know they held discussions about the Kobe line including sneakers and apparel. I didn’t mention any specific models/colorways. Think about this. If Ye can generate sales of $2B largely from the 350s. Don’t you think Nike sees that kind of potential from the Kobe line. Jordan Brand was $4B at that time. Phil Knight said, Nike is a great marketing company. Sneakers and apparel are the tools. That’s why “stories” are so important to the brand.

If Ye can generate sales of $2B largely from the 350s. Don’t you think Nike sees that kind of potential from the Kobe line
Hell no.

Lifestyle shoe sales >>>> basketball shoe sales

Yeezy brand damn near had something to market to every demographic…from soccer moms all the way to little kids. Are we going to see those same middle aged women buying a pair of Olympic Protro 4’s? 🤣 stop it

The yeezy theme was hype and the brand hit the shoe market at a near perfect time in the sneaker industry. The kobe line doesn’t have the same appeal now then or ever, even with his death. Now does the kobe line open to more customers since his death? Absolutely but it still would NEVER hit JB or Yeezy numbers

The Kobe line is massive. Both within the US and globally. It's going to have mass appeal with women as well. It's well represented in the WNBA, young women, teens, "girl dad", celebrities...... This is why Nike will take their time before fully implementing the Kobe brand. The Kobe Brand could easily slide under Jordan Brand with some time. I fully believe Nike can do that. There's no better marketing machine than Nike. And Nike wouldn't have reupped their deal unless they could envision the Kobe Brand being this massive.

1696901388692.gif

I personally hope the Kobe line blows up but grittyman grittyman hit the nail on the head. Lifestyle will always take precedence over performance. Look at how many CWs Nike pumps out for AF1s, Dunks and JB retros. Damn near a new CW every week. It’s because everyone can and wants to wear lifestyle shoes but not everyone wants to wear a performance basketball shoe. I’ve worked with footwear brands directly, the marketing budgets for the lifestyle category vs. performance hoops is night and day.

I love Kobe’s but no soccer mom’s are checking for protros but you can be damn sure they’re checking for Panda Dunks and all white AF1’s. I have a hard time seeing Nike trying to turn the Kobe line into JB Retros but never say never.

Boogie Ellis in some USC Kobe 6s at Pac12 Media Day;

Man I remember the 4's and 5's releasing and I saw the 6's the next year and they never dropped.

I hope they drop this year. My USC 4's and 5's are getting regaled. Can't wait to get them back.

OCs for WNBA Finals Game 3. Liberty able to get that dub! Got alot of compliments on the OCs. Was on line to get tenders and fries... one guy was like nice kicks... I said thank you... he said.. you did them yourself(I laugh cuz he clearly dont know)
....I'm like nah these from 2011 man..Kobe 6 Orange County's... he was like dope... he had other folks in the line staring at them
20231015_172033.jpg

Last edited:
OCs for WNBA Finals Game 3. Liberty able to get that dub! Got alot of compliments on the OCs. Was on line to get tenders and fries... one guy was like nice kicks... I said thank you... he said.. you did them yourself(I laugh cuz he clearly dont know)
....I'm like nah these from 2011 man..Kobe 6 Orange County's... he was like dope... he had other folks in the line staring at them
20231015_172033.jpg
gotta love those moments cause they wasn’t there. makes me appreciate the availability back then

Lost of laces when I moved.

Don’t say cause of the laces cause I just sold a pair of beat (sock liner by laces was torn) Kobe 5 eybl with gray laces on eBay a they passed lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0829.jpeg
    IMG_0829.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0831.jpeg
    IMG_0831.jpeg