THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Has anyone else experienced this with the 360's? I have played in the Lakers colorway almost every day since they've released and I wear black Nike Elite socks 90% of the time that I play and the black from the socks has bled on to the yellow upper. I know it's a performance shoe and a great one at that, but it's really starting to look like ****. I did take out the midsole and put them in my washing machine on delicate and it took some of the dye out but that's obviously not something that I want to do regularly.

That sucks! I’ll keep that in mind for future CWs... You should be able to wear any color sock w/ a hoop shoe! Contact Nike and see what they say

Has anyone else experienced this with the 360's? I have played in the Lakers colorway almost every day since they've released and I wear black Nike Elite socks 90% of the time that I play and the black from the socks has bled on to the yellow upper. I know it's a performance shoe and a great one at that, but it's really starting to look like ****. I did take out the midsole and put them in my washing machine on delicate and it took some of the dye out but that's obviously not something that I want to do regularly.
Root cause analysis, b... bleeding socks. Contact nike about the shoes and socks to see if they’ll replace both...

I feel ya man. I pretty much always wear low black socks whether ball, lifting, or casual...but learned from my Kobe 11 USA pair which is pretty much all white, that black socks will def bleed into the material. Around the toe box of those there's black shading after the few times I played in them with blacks, and yea I do get sweaty feet. So when I got the infrareds I immediately busted out some low whites and will continue to do so. Any lighter color base will get bleeding from black socks, esp flyknit.

I wonder if the MPLS retro will have the retired numbers on the insole like the OGs.
7AFAF2DA-AC79-4B30-83DE-1CBA9FBBD778.png

The Nike Kobe AD NXT 360 is the Next Generation of Basketball Sneakers
BY MAX RESETAR JUNE 28, 2018

kobe-ad.jpg

Oregon-bound bucket-getter Lou King has a big-time prediction for the future of Kobe Bryant’s signature sneaker line.

“Just heat after heat after heat,” the New Jersey native says.

Kevin Porter Jr, who will be lighting up scoreboards at USC in the fall, predicts that 10 years from now, Kobe’s kicks will share a legacy with the GOAT.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
“Definitely still gonna be one of the top shoes in the game, period,” he says. “Just like Jordan.”

And Nike’s fully aware that Bryant’s line has to set the pace for hoops sneakers.

“The hardest part for us with Kobe is that there is an expectation on the shoe,” Tony Grosso, Senior Product Line Manager, says.

Kobe, even though he’s been retired for two seasons, is the one driving Nike to make sure his kicks continue to deliver.

Grosso says, “If I came to [Kobe] with some cute stories, saying, ‘Here’s what we’re gonna do,’ he’d be like, ‘No. What’s the innovation platform?’ He’s just like, ‘Uh, this doesn’t feel like you guys are really making it easier for a kid to play basketball and get buckets on his opponent. What’s up? What are you doing to make this better?’”

That’s why it took Grosso and his team two years—most sneakers take up to 18 months to make—to properly build the Kobe AD NXT 360, which marks the next evolution for the Black Mamba’s sneakers. It uses a comprehensive Flyknit component that starts at the upper and wraps around the midsole.

s1-1.jpg

It’s the pinnacle of innovation at the Swoosh right now, but it’s just the beginning of Kobe’s newest silhouettes. It’s going to be complemented by the continuation of the Protro line.

Protro, a combination of “performance” and “retro,” started in February with the introduction of an updated Kobe 1. The 2018 release has the same appearance as the version that dropped in 2006, but it’s been remixed with modern-day technology. The plan is to keep that up with more Protro releases.

Grosso also says that a lower-priced Kobe model will run “for a while,” meaning there will be at least three Kobe sneakers to release each year.

“It’s not very often that an athlete retires and has a signature model that’s going to continue on,” Grosso says. “There’s only been one, and that was MJ.

“We didn’t really wanna do it like a Team Kobe,” he continues, referencing the first crop of players that signed with Jordan Brand in the late ’90s. “We think that characteristically there are a couple of guys in the League that exemplify that Mamba Mentality. But I wanna change it all the time. Next year we should be doing different things with different guys.”

DeMar DeRozan, Isaiah Thomas, Devin Booker and Giannis Antetokounmpo, who have been some of the go-to guys to unveil Kobes since No. 24 retired, might not be as heavily involved next year.

“To me, the number one dude is Kyrie,” Grosso says. “Kyrie is connected to him so much. But Kyrie has his own signature line. Like, how do we cross-pollinate those guys?”

So more Kobe and Kyrie collabs are on the way?

“There’s gonna be ‘Kobe x a bunch of ****’ coming in the next year,” Grosso says.

The Nike Kobe AD NXT 360 is the Next Generation of Basketball Sneakers
BY MAX RESETAR JUNE 28, 2018

kobe-ad.jpg

Oregon-bound bucket-getter Lou King has a big-time prediction for the future of Kobe Bryant’s signature sneaker line.

“Just heat after heat after heat,” the New Jersey native says.

Kevin Porter Jr, who will be lighting up scoreboards at USC in the fall, predicts that 10 years from now, Kobe’s kicks will share a legacy with the GOAT.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
“Definitely still gonna be one of the top shoes in the game, period,” he says. “Just like Jordan.”

And Nike’s fully aware that Bryant’s line has to set the pace for hoops sneakers.

“The hardest part for us with Kobe is that there is an expectation on the shoe,” Tony Grosso, Senior Product Line Manager, says.

Kobe, even though he’s been retired for two seasons, is the one driving Nike to make sure his kicks continue to deliver.

Grosso says, “If I came to [Kobe] with some cute stories, saying, ‘Here’s what we’re gonna do,’ he’d be like, ‘No. What’s the innovation platform?’ He’s just like, ‘Uh, this doesn’t feel like you guys are really making it easier for a kid to play basketball and get buckets on his opponent. What’s up? What are you doing to make this better?’”

That’s why it took Grosso and his team two years—most sneakers take up to 18 months to make—to properly build the Kobe AD NXT 360, which marks the next evolution for the Black Mamba’s sneakers. It uses a comprehensive Flyknit component that starts at the upper and wraps around the midsole.

s1-1.jpg

It’s the pinnacle of innovation at the Swoosh right now, but it’s just the beginning of Kobe’s newest silhouettes. It’s going to be complemented by the continuation of the Protro line.

Protro, a combination of “performance” and “retro,” started in February with the introduction of an updated Kobe 1. The 2018 release has the same appearance as the version that dropped in 2006, but it’s been remixed with modern-day technology. The plan is to keep that up with more Protro releases.

Grosso also says that a lower-priced Kobe model will run “for a while,” meaning there will be at least three Kobe sneakers to release each year.

“It’s not very often that an athlete retires and has a signature model that’s going to continue on,” Grosso says. “There’s only been one, and that was MJ.

“We didn’t really wanna do it like a Team Kobe,” he continues, referencing the first crop of players that signed with Jordan Brand in the late ’90s. “We think that characteristically there are a couple of guys in the League that exemplify that Mamba Mentality. But I wanna change it all the time. Next year we should be doing different things with different guys.”

DeMar DeRozan, Isaiah Thomas, Devin Booker and Giannis Antetokounmpo, who have been some of the go-to guys to unveil Kobes since No. 24 retired, might not be as heavily involved next year.

“To me, the number one dude is Kyrie,” Grosso says. “Kyrie is connected to him so much. But Kyrie has his own signature line. Like, how do we cross-pollinate those guys?”

So more Kobe and Kyrie collabs are on the way?

“There’s gonna be ‘Kobe x a bunch of ****’ coming in the next year,” Grosso says.

Gonna be seeing a lot of Kobe 360s on feet this upcoming basketball season. Can't wait. Hopefully this means we get some classic Kobe colorways on these 360s.

Ehh the way they’ve been doing the Kobe x Kyrie/PGs have been whatever... might seem a little cooler if they do a Kobe x Lebron 16 and PG 3 if they’re on the Lakers though

71014823-BCB6-44D0-81B1-DF15D3669DFC.png
Hey guys I’m in negotiations, not sure if this crease is a deal breaker or not. Hoping to get some insight from the peeps that already have a pair

Will it smooth out over time/ should I even be worried about this? I didn’t notice it looking at the normal angled pics but seller mentioned it as a flaw so I’m a little sketched.

Hey guys I’m in negotiations, not sure if this crease is a deal breaker or not. Hoping to get some insight from the peeps that already have a pair

Will it smooth out over time/ should I even be worried about this? I didn’t notice it looking at the normal angled pics but seller mentioned it as a flaw so I’m a little sketched.
Personally id lean towards not being worried 1 bit

What’s the new date?
If it doesn't pop up on Nike tomorrow then TBD lol

Ask seller to lower the price a little, if not at least you use the 15% code. It's on the medial side and if you wear them probably look normal. Seen a few pairs with flaws on the knit. $200 shoe, craftsmanship should be above other shoes.

Looks pretty mild to me... I could be wrong coz I don't own a pair

Unlikely to smooth out, but it's a minor flaw IMO

Back
Top Bottom