THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I miss you guys 😢
View media item 558667
021CEECD-275A-4E97-B753-60422CBC230A.jpeg
C921FBA8-65EC-43EC-A854-07F9D00C9033.jpeg
9A3EA298-2AFD-4D91-9A8B-3F1A4FA4844E.jpeg
C0F9CB2F-A4E1-4CD3-92FB-9142A66FBF77.jpeg
6A275A6D-82C7-47B7-843C-39FA80A6D12B.jpeg
6E96E78D-8DE8-43A9-8A51-A70A8FD64BA6.jpeg
E9439DB4-EA7B-45AE-BAA0-653558292887.jpeg

View media item 797059View media item 797058View media item 477777

The 2 ZK8's I was fortunate enough to own.
2012-12-30_19-19-00_835.jpg
20130502_180544.jpg

That Lunarlon insole was 🗑 for ball IMO. Gave both of these away right before I got the AD NXT. I'm quite sure based on the condition my 8'S were in, had I swapped the Lunarlon joints with the full length Zoom joints the 8's would've been stellar to play in.

My favorites were the 9s and 11s. The 8s bottomed our really fast to me, and then my foot felt really loose inside the shoe. Kb6 was great but the colorways I had didn’t squeak on the traction.

My favorites were the 9s and 11s. The 8s bottomed our really fast to me, and then my foot felt really loose inside the shoe. Kb6 was great but the colorways I had didn’t squeak on the traction.
Do the 9’s squeak?

I wanna get some Kobe’s to hoop in but I don’t wanna give an arm and a limb to do so. I’m torn between the 8’s and the 9’s rn. Would love to get some 6’s, but one I’ve heard they’re really stiff and I don’t like it that stiff (pause) and two cause they’re expensive as hell even for lesser known cw’s

Do the 9’s squeak?
Yeah the 9 traction was crazy good! I had the infrared colorway and the golden state warriors looking ones. It’s between the 9s and 11s for my favorite ball shoes of all time. Original kb5 was great too, I had them in the USA Olympic colorway and won a league chip in it… wish I retired / restored all my kobes instead of playing in them until they ripped.

Yeah the 9 traction was crazy good! I had the infrared colorway and the golden state warriors looking ones. It’s between the 9s and 11s for my favorite ball shoes of all time. Original kb5 was great too, I had them in the USA Olympic colorway and won a league chip in it… wish I retired / restored all my kobes instead of playing in them until they ripped.
Better you played in them and ripped em than them rotting on a shelf DS.

Better you played in them and ripped em than them rotting on a shelf DS.
That’s true! Still got some photos of me rocking them in games and casually on vacation that I can look back on and reminisce!!!

I still have some og dead stock lebrons from like 10+ years ago, but at this point it’s probably too risky to try and play in them. The outsoles would probably fall off or the bubbles might pop smh. The outsole just fell off my lebron 9 Easter lows and I’ve been wearing them for years. A mean set of calf raises did them in 😩

That’s true! Still got some photos of me rocking them in games and casually on vacation that I can look back on and reminisce!!!

I still have some og dead stock lebrons from like 10+ years ago, but at this point it’s probably too risky to try and play in them. The outsoles would probably fall off or the bubbles might pop smh. The outsole just fell off my lebron 9 Easter lows and I’ve been wearing them for years. A mean set of calf raises did them in 😩
Dang that’s crazy. Never tried to hoop in LeBron 9’s, but they seem like they would be nice.

Is the only downside of the Kobe 8’s the traction wearing down so fast? I’m torn between the 8’s and the 9’s for hooping. (I’m a small forward/guard btw)

Dang that’s crazy. Never tried to hoop in LeBron 9’s, but they seem like they would be nice.

Is the only downside of the Kobe 8’s the traction wearing down so fast? I’m torn between the 8’s and the 9’s for hooping. (I’m a small forward/guard btw)

I had the Cannons and them joints ran SMALL af. They were kinda stiff and overall not that comfy but obv being too small well cant give a full assessment.

I loved playing in the 8s - I’d take those over the 9s in a heartbeat but I like low cut and light shoes.

Traction on the Kobe 8s held up great! But I only played indoors. The outer fuse material or whatever it was eventually tore, and before that the drop in cushion midsole flattened out, which made my foot ride pretty low in the shoe. The drop in midsole in the 9 and 11 was thicker and more durable and lasted longer. Still have one final pair of 11s I wear these days in the charlotte hornets colors!

I loved playing in the 8s - I’d take those over the 9s in a heartbeat but I like low cut and light shoes.
I can definitely understand that. 9s are a bit beefier but felt studier on my feet. I’m 6 foot 180 and more of a slasher / leaper. Basically a severely undersized 4. Lol

I can definitely understand that. 9s are a bit beefier but felt studier on my feet. I’m 6 foot 180 and more of a slasher / leaper. Basically a severely undersized 4. Lol
I’m 6’ 2”, 150lb so maybe the 8’s would be better? I usually use Kyrie 7’s/8’s

Are the 8’s significantly lighter than the 9’s?

I wouldn’t say they are a lot lighter, but the outsole bends and flexes more than the 9. I remember the only issue with the 9 was that the heel strike felt a little clunky sometimes.
I’m 6’ 2”, 150lb so maybe the 8’s would be better? I usually use Kyrie 7’s/8’s

Yeah I think you may like the 8 and 11 more than the 9. Im a size 10 in the Kobe 4,5,6,8,9,10,11 , a size 9.5 in the original 1 and 3 (they fit long) and I couldn’t wear the 7 at all. That thing killed the toes lol. Never got the chance to try the pro tro 4,5,6 so no idea how those fit compared to the og.

I just put in a bid on 10.5 in the Big Bang’s on SX. My elite 9 taxis were 10 but everyone saying go up a little on the new retros.

I wouldn’t say they are a lot lighter, but the outsole bends and flexes more than the 9. I remember the only issue with the 9 was that the heel strike felt a little clunky sometimes.

Yeah I think you may like the 8 and 11 more than the 9. Im a size 10 in the Kobe 4,5,6,8,9,10,11 , a size 9.5 in the original 1 and 3 (they fit long) and I couldn’t wear the 7 at all. That thing killed the toes lol. Never got the chance to try the pro tro 4,5,6 so no idea how those fit compared to the og.

I just put in a bid on 10.5 in the Big Bang’s on SX. My elite 9 taxis were 10 but everyone saying go up a little on the new retros.
Thanks! Sorry for all of the questions, but it’s better to ask someone who has experience actually wearing the shoes.

I’ll keep looking at eBay and see if I can find any good deals. I’m trying to not spend over $250-$300 on them.

I like the 8’s visually more than the 11’s, so I’ll probably go with them. Like I said I hoop in Kyrie’s so light and agile is sort of my vibe.

Back
Top Bottom