The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

If this is what they came up with as a revision, I'd like to see the original design concept..

My thoughts exactly, how bad was the original design? These look like an OD basic cross-trainer that they just turned into a higher cut with a strap. :smh:

Nope.

I never paid retail for a GR Lebron.
But seriously these have beefed up Nike cross trainer cushioning on steriods....

View media item 2275433
View media item 2275435
KD9 definitely...

View media item 2275457View media item 2275458
Lebron xiii low perforations in the mesh upper.
So yeah, these are a mash up of other shoes. Clearly no thought went into these. I do agree these arent that bad but i need to see a different cw..

View media item 2275489
On another note KD couldn't help them boys get a W.... Again he chokes by falling lol....

Your post is on point. I have those trainers so the reference absolutely clicked with me.

Same with the KD9.

Always hated the Vuitton style perforation on the 13 lows. So it's definitely a minus for me with the 14s now.

On tv, they looked dope as **** from a distance. But these closeups are lukewarm at best.

Only thing that will save these is some sick *** colorway.

No way these are moving at $175. NO. WAY.

i guess the days of a functional basketball shoe that has casual appeal is over.

these are not bad, but not good either.

like the guy said above.

nike just rushed and used a bunch of borrowed designs for this model. most notably, the utility presto.

Just one pair for the collection my brother. A sale price of $80-$100 is about right.

No Foamposite or any type of 'expensive' material on the shoe. Even $170 is steep for these.

To those who were into shoes heavy back in the mid-late 90's...did Jordans have a "premium" feel to them when MJ debuted them?, I got into shoes around the time the 17's dropped so it wasn't the 'man' debuting the newest sig

first jordan for me as a kid was the jordan 2. (keep in mind, made in italy), and i owned a pair of every jordan thru the 15 after that.

all jordans back then, by todays standards would have been considered "premium" but back then, that was just the way things were. there were no synthetic materials like hyperfuse etc. just leather, suede etc. of course as time went on, nubuck and synthetic leathers were introduced, but in the ealry days, jordan 1,2,3,4 etc. what we call "premium materials" was just the norm.

Last edited:
22-06-2011_nike_vengeancevntg_teamred_large.jpg
A little air vengeance with a dash of air jordan 21

air-jordan-21-varsity-red-02.jpg

Last edited:
But seriously these have beefed up Nike cross trainer cushioning on steriods....

View media item 2275433
View media item 2275435
KD9 definitely...

View media item 2275457View media item 2275458
Lebron xiii low perforations in the mesh upper.
So yeah, these are a mash up of other shoes. Clearly no thought went into these. I do agree these arent that bad but i need to see a different cw..

View media item 2275489.

Still cant believe this the "Greatest player of all time" signature sneaker. This is almost as bad as buying remastered Jordans with poor quality. We accept the fact that a mere colrway will make them better. No matter how bad the color or shoe, we still buy them. Nike had enough time make a great first impression on this silhouette and colorway. If the colorway is anything like the KD9, the colors will be mediocre and boring.

Havent copped any lebrons since the Xs.. these just brought me back... the back reminds me a bit of the jordan XVs. :pimp:

I'm surprised nike hasn't announced any release dates or pricing, and we haven't seen any signs of these arriving at retailers

maybe nike rushed to have Lebron wear a finalized model and is now playing catch-up with producing them for retail? Only having the shoes made for lebron until he debuted them may have been how they kept early pictures from leaking from factories. We may not see these at retail for a while.

Still cant believe this the "Greatest player of all time" signature sneaker. This is almost as bad as buying remastered Jordans with poor quality. We accept the fact that a mere colrway will make them better. No matter how bad the color or shoe, we still buy them. Nike had enough time make a great first impression on this silhouette and colorway. If the colorway is anything like the KD9, the colors will be mediocre and boring.
More people should think like you.

Seriously.  Adidas right now is what Nike was in the early 00's.

Coming out with fresh designs and innovating.

All Nike does now is drop J's.  Easy cash for them.

Avar, Chang.. what's going on

Sorry but this logic makes no sense to me. We have yet to feel the performance and comfort of this shoe to make a valid review, and if your basis is how they look cosmetically then you're not taking into account that these are for an actually player on court.
To compare LeBrons to a retro Jordan is pointless. LeBrons are built and styled for LeBron an active player to play in, retro Jordans aren't. Bad quality? I have yet to come across a LeBron shoe that had bad quality and I doubt this shoe will have that problem.

Seriously.  Adidas right now is what Nike was in the early 00's.

Coming out with fresh designs and innovating.

All Nike does now is drop J's.  Easy cash for them.

Avar, Chang.. what's going on
Dont forget about Petrie he is probably the worst of all, his designs have no thought behind em anymore just a mashup of past shoes he really should resign from the line haha

Back
Top Bottom