The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

These Lebrons aight...wouldnt buy them full price and defintely wouldnt hoop in them....but to each its own

I'm telling yall... these were definitely a last minute design. There's no ad campaign, no preproduction leaks... nothing. I'm guessing Bron didn't like the performance of the initial design therefore Nike scrapped them and threw together a quick shoe with basic tech and features that Lebron is used to playing in to hold us over and keep consumers buying until the 15 drops. I wouldn't be surprised if Nike drops less than 8 colorways of this shoe.... if that.
I wouldn't mind less CWs, they've been flooding the market with a lot of BS lately.

Lazy design or not, it works...really well at that.  

Damn, i arrive to see 364 new posts, you guys got right in to it :smile:

These new shoes seem quite nice to me, the heel zoom looks decent, as for hate towards the Hex Zoom pods, all i can say is they do the job providing targeted cushioning without losing court feel. For basketball i feel like it's a good thing.

The silouette is definately new, and much better than the Soldier X's.

These have promise for sure. i'm positive this is going to be the banger Nike and Lebron needed.

View media item 2275966
Saw this image in ig. It looks so much better than first Cw. It really shows it has potential to be great!

If this color way releases, I'll consider it. The initial showing isn't to my liking, but the above shows that maybe a good cw can save it. Certainly not the worst LeBron I've seen. The 13's were the first Lebron's since the 7's that I haven't purchased a single pair.

If this color way releases, I'll consider it. The initial showing isn't to my liking, but the above shows that maybe a good cw can save it. Certainly not the worst LeBron I've seen. The 13's were the first Lebron's since the 7's that I haven't purchased a single pair.
First person I've seen to say they didn't like the 7s lol.

so i'll play devils advocate, there's an article someone else can look for it, but it talks about current trends, the whole what's in and what sells. The biggest take away is that basketball shoes were out and runners were the current "IN" inrefrence to culture and sales. Almost all of Addidas basketball line has shifted to low tops coupled with their lower prices and it seems they are riding the wave of the trends, nike finally adjusted prices and are lower the cut of the shoes to follow the trends as well. you want to see outstanding basketball shoes, well they have to come back in style which may not happen for awhile, the bubble burst and sales somewhat suffered to the point FTL wrote Nike about it. I'm not a fan of lowtops, or the newest trends, i'm my own person and i prefer midtops and the such, i like my pants baggy and my sweats too. The current look of shoes is geared towards trying to get the kids to buy them not grown men who love the 90s style 2.5 decades ago, these kids/young adults are who we ultimately have to blame as it's their time to shine and make the trends of today

so i'll play devils advocate, there's an article someone else can look for it, but it talks about current trends, the whole what's in and what sells. The biggest take away is that basketball shoes were out and runners were the current "IN" inrefrence to culture and sales. Almost all of Addidas basketball line has shifted to low tops coupled with their lower prices and it seems they are riding the wave of the trends, nike finally adjusted prices and are lower the cut of the shoes to follow the trends as well. you want to see outstanding basketball shoes, well they have to come back in style which may not happen for awhile, the bubble burst and sales somewhat suffered to the point FTL wrote Nike about it. I'm not a fan of lowtops, or the newest trends, i'm my own person and i prefer midtops and the such, i like my pants baggy and my sweats too. The current look of shoes is geared towards trying to get the kids to buy them not grown men who love the 90s style 2.5 decades ago, these kids/young adults are who we ultimately have to blame as it's their time to shine and make the trends of today

#NTDENIMFOREVER

but for real, if you still have your jeans like the 90's, you need to switch that up. Can't be out here with used and damage jeans, times and fashion change.

Last edited:

#NTDENIMFOREVER

but for real, if you still have your jeans like the 90's, you need to switch that up. Can't be out here with used and damage jeans, times and fashion change.
lol, bruh i own every cw that i can find of levi's 550, i have 7prs and a few of the non-shrink non extra bs 501s, i even took this last yr to go back and find me some nice velour outfits non jogger style, and the yr prior i brought like 4 sets of champion sweats non jogger style, i'm good for yrs to come 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Yea these do look good. But like i said before the air max bubble would have mad them look spectacular.

I can see a lot potential with these shoes tho.

Thrown together or not, I can get a sense that Nike dialed back the performance look of the shoe a bit to bring out a casual wear appeal.

Does anyone here like the hex pod tech? I have one pair of the 12's and didn't like it on the court.

Nike needs to quit playing around and hire this guy: instagram.com/tommy_oleson

Every shoe on this dude's page >>> lbj14. Minimal creativity in the appearance of this shoe. That's my problem with the 14, it's s that there's nothing to distinguish it. Normally you look at a LeBron shoe and you know immediately, that's a LeBron shoe. The past shoes have generally had a certain look to them, whether you like that look or not.

On the other hand, the 14 just looks like another generic basketball shoe in 2016.

To everyone saying these are trash, watch once they put out a limited sneaker you'll come running back. Talking bout "must cop for me".

The word "limited" will change your perspective

Back
Top Bottom