The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Ok it's not just me then. I've hooped in the 6's, 8's and 10's so far and the comfort and support of those are so much better.

Even the Kyrie's have better ankle support IMO
I feel like even though they were made kinda recently, Nike will find a way to screw up the retros of 6's, 8's, and 10's. 

I feel like even though they were made kinda recently, Nike will find a way to screw up the retros of 6's, 8's, and 10's. 
They'll cheapen them somehow. I just a couple pairs of IV's in near DS condition, has to be my favorite in terms of looks and comfort combined.

I wish Bron would stay away from the one bootie fit construction. I miss pullable tongues and other bells and whistles LeBrons used to have. Clearly times have changed and im starting to get old.....
Repped, 110% agree with you.  (I'm getting old too...
tired.gif
).    

I got to try out the PG1 last week, and man...I really think Paul George got the best shoe out of all this season's Nike sigs.  For the same reasons you are saying, has a tongue, no bootie one piece, amazing details, the strap alone is crazy how it attaches to the medial side.  It's a really sharp shoe, great tech, functional features, the fit is amazing, and some actual quality to the upper unlike this thin crap they keep throwing at us.  

How can Nike give PG such a good shoe at $110, and can't deliver on a $175 Bron, makes no sense.  Bron should be getting all bells and whistles and the quality of his shoe should be better than the other Nike sigs based on what he does in the market for Nike. 

Last edited:

Repped, 110% agree with you.  (I'm getting old too...
tired.gif
).    

I got to try out the PG1 last week, and man...I really think Paul George got the best shoe out of all this season's Nike sigs.  For the same reasons you are saying, has a tongue, no bootie one piece, amazing details, the strap alone is crazy how it attaches to the medial side.  It's a really sharp shoe, great tech, functional features, the fit is amazing, and some actual quality to the upper unlike this thin crap they keep throwing at us.  

How can Nike give PG such a good shoe at $110, and can't deliver on a $175 Bron, makes no sense.  Bron should be getting all bells and whistles and the quality of his shoe should be better than the other Nike sigs based on what he does in the market for Nike. 
PG's are one piece too. 

PG's are one piece too. 
I guess I don't consider them a one piece since they have the full liner inside the shell pieces of the exterior.  The laces are then attached to separate pieces of the shoe, it isn't the same one piece, there are more parts.  I guess technically it might not be a totally "separate" tongue since it's part of the inner liner piece, but because of the panels on the sides, it feels more like a tongue, and has some padding to it.     

Last edited:
What bar, all they have to do is mix some more colors that mix badly...

Ok before everyone goes in hard on you, I'll agree that the first colourway wasn't exactly the best but it did a good job of showcasing the shoe's design elements.

In any case, there's potential for about 3-4 more colourways till the end of the season. Hopefully there'll be something better.

I feel like this colorway may have set the bar a little high...having a hard time liking anything else so far.  :frown:

all thereason I feel like Nike should restock or something..what the French toast man?! Everything else is literally a consolation prize. I can't see any colorway being better than the OONW....but prove me wrong Nike.

Sidebar, I wonder if there will be an Elite version of this shoe, with actual releases just getting underway and the playoffs not that far away, will he ride this model through the post season or what? That would be a pretty short lifespan for an LBJ shoe. KD's Elites (look awful) seem primed with him wearing them a few times...it will be interesting to see how Nike handles the playoffs with the XIV..

Ok before everyone goes in hard on you, I'll agree that the first colourway wasn't exactly the best but it did a good job of showcasing the shoe's design elements.

In any case, there's potential for about 3-4 more colourways till the end of the season. Hopefully there'll be something better.
I just don't feel it has anything to do with anything, same as the black ice. All it is is a black/white colorway. there's no story behind it. if you get what i mean

Back
Top Bottom