The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

^^amazing what Kanye can do for your brand
mean.gif
 Sketchers should sign Kim to a shoe deal asap
laugh.gif
Its not just kanye. They make good shoes again. UB and their basketball line is legit now, along with yeezy. Nike shot themselves in the foot by flooding the market to kill resellers. They were better off playing the "limited" release game...

Kanye def played a part in Adidas' recent spike in popularity. As well as the great designs they been putting out, of course. The NMD's were probably the hottest shoe of the year.

The time was right for Adidas/Kanye & UA to make a move.

I've been saying for a few years now that Nike are their own worst enemy. Keep killing 'themes', flooding the market with average product at premium prices and eventually consumers will walk away.

I also can't fathom why cats flock to buying the same low quality Jordan retros that every herb/cornball is rocking these days. Jordan product used to be something special a decade ago, hell you're better off wearing Skechers if you wanna be different and stand out from the Jordan crowd.

They really need to rethink their strategy as their internal design teams have stopped giving a damn about their products too. This XIV delay is inexcusable considering the signature athlete just came of a winning season and is poised to have another 2-3 more dominant seasons. You gotta put out your BEST product, not some cookie-cutter, modular/lego-like, plastic joints with random Foamposite bits and hope that consumers bite.

Kanye def played a part in Adidas' recent spike in popularity. As well as the great designs they been putting out, of course. The NMD's were probably the hottest shoe of the year.
They may have been the most hyped but they definitely didnt look the hottest

hell you're better off wearing Skechers if you wanna be different and stand out from the Jordan crowd.

lmao bro I implore you to live your life in a pair of sketchers and see how many girls you get. This is some sports footwear hardline rhetoric here 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Its not just kanye. They make good shoes again. UB and their basketball line is legit now, along with yeezy. Nike shot themselves in the foot by flooding the market to kill resellers. They were better off playing the "limited" release game...

No disrespect but you were one of the biggest hype beast I've seen in past years

No disrespect but you were one of the biggest hype beast I've seen in past years
laugh.gif
 oh boy, here we go...

Based on what?

This is an embarrassingly misleading graph.

Shame on you guys

Nike did $3.74 billion in sales this most recent earnings period. Adidas only did $877.6 million

1 more time:

$3.74 billion vs $877.6 million. Don't be a dummy

Yeah that graph shows gains. Of course Adidas has the biggest gain look where they were coming from prior to where they are now. Nike was dominating long before that so there gain wasn't as significant as other brands are.

I've never understood brand loyalty, I have always found it stupid. I do not understand not being able to look at stuff from a personal perspective, going with what looks good to you, on you, with it working for you. I never understood how people think that if they wear a certain brand that they would get " girls". Right, it is not about your personal style, charisma, charm, manners, it's about the shoes. Am I missing something here? Last years LeBron shoe did not look sexy on anybody, and apparently, they didn't feel too sexy on LeBron either. He wears the cheaper model, the Soldier, right?

The time was right for Adidas/Kanye & UA to make a move.

I've been saying for a few years now that Nike are their own worst enemy. Keep killing 'themes', flooding the market with average product at premium prices and eventually consumers will walk away.

I also can't fathom why cats flock to buying the same low quality Jordan retros that every herb/cornball is rocking these days. Jordan product used to be something special a decade ago, hell you're better off wearing Skechers if you wanna be different and stand out from the Jordan crowd.

They really need to rethink their strategy as their internal design teams have stopped giving a damn about their products too. This XIV delay is inexcusable considering the signature athlete just came of a winning season and is poised to have another 2-3 more dominant seasons. You gotta put out your BEST product, not some cookie-cutter, modular/lego-like, plastic joints with random Foamposite bits and hope that consumers bite.

I do agree with most of this. There are other companies out there that make great looking product that is higher quality and a better price. As far as what everyone else has, I don't know. To me, if I like it, I will buy it. It doesn't matter to me how many people have it.

I've never understood brand loyalty, I have always found it stupid. I do not understand not being able to look at stuff from a personal perspective, going with what looks good to you, on you, with it working for you. I never understood how people think that if they wear a certain brand that they would get " girls". Right, it is not about your personal style, charisma, charm, manners, it's about the shoes. Am I missing something here? Last years LeBron shoe did not look sexy on anybody, and apparently, they didn't feel too sexy on LeBron either. He wears the cheaper model, the Soldier, right?

While I will admit Nike made my all time favorite designs, I did get tired of spending my money on junk that was uncomfortable. I personally like the 13, just me though. If you are being shoes to "get girls". I don't know man......lol

Shame on you guys

Nike did $3.74 billion in sales this most recent earnings period. Adidas only did $877.6 million

1 more time:

Shame on you guys

1 more time:

Which is fine if you're looking at the share of the market. Nike dominates the share. But if we are talking exponential growth in volume you really need to look at that graph again. Nike isn't trending upward they are on a decline. Only time
Will tell if adidas volume will continue to rise causing Nike share of the market to decline but from the looks of it with Nikes decrease in retail pricing they have taken heed.

lmao bro I implore you to live your life in a pair of sketchers and see how many girls you get. This is some sports footwear hardline rhetoric here :lol:

Lol man, I'm getting to my mid-30s. Birds in my age group care less about Nikes, Jordans, Skechers or the Alibaba specials. A good career, assets and minimal liabilities speak volumes vs. boxes and boxes of sneakers. :lol:

I've always been a Reebok & Nike/JB cat so it hurts to see the former on life support and the latter having the ability to be different but choosing not to.

Adidas will never be better than nike.

Nike made shoes 20 years ago that coulda came out 20 years from now

SC kid SC kid my dude, the problem is that Nike stopped making those joints 20 years ago.

That said I don't think we need to go extremely futuristic but going back to the basics (leathers, actual padding on the sockliners) and Nike Air (Zoom, Max, Regular) will be a step in the right direction.

UA & Adidas are making plastic & mesh shoes so have LBJ wear an old school leather shoe, with a mesh tongue that incorporates a traditional design that can be rocked both on & off court.

Dudes who wear Yeezys/J's and dudes who wear adidas sandals smash all the same girls

Last edited by a moderator:
@sckid20 my dude, the problem is that Nike stopped making those joints 20 years ago.

That said I don't think we need to go extremely futuristic but going back to the basics (leathers, actual padding on the sockliners) and Nike Air (Zoom, Max, Regular) will be a step in the right direction.

UA & Adidas are making plastic & mesh shoes so have LBJ wear an old school leather shoe, with a mesh tongue that incorporates a traditional design that can be rocked both on & off court.
I agree mostly. Perhaps two versions could be made, both usable on court but offering a slightly different look and feel while not compromising performance and style. Like bringing EXT into performance stuff...

If Nike was smart they should just release Lebron's retros maybe 1-3...something light ....then wait till end of season/start of playoffs to release the 14's...so then his new sig shoe gets maximum looks....especially when they reach the finals again

If Nike was smart they should just release Lebron's retros maybe 1-3...something light ....then wait till end of season/start of playoffs to release the 14's...so then his new sig shoe gets maximum looks....especially when they reach the finals again

What if they don't make the finals again?

Back
Top Bottom