The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

I'm on the fence. I'll have a better gauge when more colorways and angles are shown. The only thing though, and maybe it's just me, but I'm just not feeling the trend of these kicks being a solid bootie with laces on the front. I feel like having a tongue that is adjustable with laces holding it down is such a better look. I'm assuming it's not the best for performance though since all these shoes are moving away from it.

Looks like I should have an easy time copping these since the hate is so strong.

I'm good for 2-3 color ways of the 14 just like the 12.

At first glance, I will say it isn't too bad. The right color way will help this shoe, like most. I did think it looked like a CJ Trainer and a mix with a higher KD9 with a strap. I don't see myself paying 175 for them. Hopefully, it's not a pain to get your foot in to.

I think we'll never see another banging lebron and I just gotta get used to that 

the magic is gone 
frown.gif

Seeing a new shoe of any kind trashed when it drops is the new normal. The fact that I'm even seeing like %40 of ppl saying they like them is a good thing. I personally think this shoe is gunna be dope in some other colorways. I'll prolly be coping 2-3 pairs.

Early hate has been the norm. Nothing new.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league#

Bleacher Report: What was the inspiration behind the Nike LeBron 14, Kyrie 3 and Melo M13?

Nike: The inspiration behind the LeBron 14 was to maximize flexibility in the upper and provide the best cushioning. The Kyrie 3 is designed for Kyrie's speed and quickness, with optimal traction and forefoot stability. Both LeBron and Kyrie have unique specifications that were addressed in each shoe; the design team also made each shoe versatile enough for players across a variety of sizes and skills. The Melo M13 is built with comfort and support in mind. A rubber outsole and modified traction pattern enhance the shoe's grip for quick cuts and stop-and-go starts.

B/R: Were there any specific aspects of the shoe each athlete (LeBron, Kyrie, Melo) wanted to home in on in particular? Whether it be cushioning, traction, etc.

Nike: Signature shoes are always built to the needs of an individual athlete, but we've found their needs often align with the needs of basketball players around the world.

For example, Kyrie focuses on traction and cushioning. His style of play requires him to have a shoe that allows him to cut on a dime while also providing cushioning to make up to 1,000 cuts during a normal game.

For LeBron, it's all about cushioning and lockdown. He is a powerful athlete, and part of what we do is ensure that the shoe supports whatever move he needs to make throughout the course of the game.

For Melo, his shoe is all about lightweight protection and responsiveness. The Kurim and mesh upper provide him the durability to withstand the rigors of the game.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom