The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
First impressions are better than the 11, after that still nowhere near the x.. His shoes need a visible air unit IMO, he's too big of a dude to have these midsole-less shoes looks forced

i want to feel the cushioning system and the upper mesh. i'm a sucker for new tech in a basketball shoe.

the interior of the shoe is pretty sexy.

laugh.gif

At this point

All Nike needs is an MVP level talent to push

Shaq, Iverson, Kobe, TMac, Duncan were all considered best player in the league candidates without the swoosh and tell me how did those lines sell?

Did they ever outsell Nike?
Adidas/Reebok never had a Jordan, never had a Kobe, and don't have a LeBron. Simple and plain. And to make matters worse, they don't even have a Durant. Nike is stacked and that is the reason they see such success.

Yes, Shaq, Iverson, and Duncan are also some of the greatest players of all time, but they don't compare to Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron.

As for the Kobe argument, his shoes released at during the mid-late '90s correct? No one was outselling Michael in that era. **** no one is outselling him now lmao. Nike is fortunate to have had and still have the greatest players in the planet.

Adidas/Reebok never had a Jordan, never had a Kobe, and don't have a LeBron. Simple and plain. And to make matters worse, they don't even have a Durant. Nike is stacked and that is the reason they see such success.

Yes, Shaq, Iverson, and Duncan are also some of the greatest players of all time, but they don't compare to Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron.

As for the Kobe argument, his shoes released at during the mid-late '90s correct? No one was outselling Michael in that era. **** no one is outselling him now lmao. Nike is fortunate to have had and still have the greatest players in the planet.
Adidas did have Kobe guy 
laugh.gif

Adidas did have Kobe guy 
laugh.gif
I know, that's why I said his shoes released in the mid-late '90s? Isn't that when the KB8 released? '96-'97?

I was just saying that they didn't have him with no other player competing against him. While he was at Adidas, Jordan took away the shine. When Jordan officially was done with basketball for good, Kobe was with Nike after the whole rape incident.

Last edited:
Kobe was with Adidas from 1996-2002

Jordan stopped playing in 1998

The Jordan XIV and Jordan XV weren't that popular either

Last edited:
Kobe was with Adidas from 1996-2002

Jordan stopped playing in 1998

The Jordan XIV and Jordan XV weren't that popular either
Fully stopped playing in '03. If you don't think Jordan was still the hype back then, man, you're mistaken. And Kobe was just coming off a 3-peat too in '03, Adidas should've really held on to him but oh well. Guess it was a gamble they couldn't take.

And Jordan was also rocking 3s, 7s, and 11s as a Wizard.

I know, that's why I said his shoes released in the mid-late '90s? Isn't that when the KB8 released? '96-'97?

I was just saying that they didn't have him with no other player competing against him. While he was at Adidas, Jordan took away the shine. When Jordan officially was done with basketball for good, Kobe was with Nike after the whole rape incident.
Fam Americans just don't value Adidas. I don't care who they sign or have. Nike is the it brand in America and that's not changing. Adidas is king in the Euro markets.

Last edited:

Fam Americans just don't value you Adidas. I don't care who they sign or have. Nike is the it brand in America and that's not changing. Adidas is king in the Euro markets.
I understand that, but Americans also don't have a reason to value Adidas is my point.
Exactly Nike just needs elite caliber athletes they don't need the "best" one
They've always had the "best one" though. A great example, Adidas is outselling Nike in football (not American football), and look at who their endorsing? The best player on the planet, Lionel Messi. People care about these things, it's a fact, or else these athletes wouldn't be getting paid so much to be sponsored.

Adidas has dominated Soccer before Messi

Nike has some great players Too

I don't follow Soccer but Im sure Nike has had best Soccer player in the world at one point but they still lag behind Adidas for a variety of reasons

Fam Americans just don't value you Adidas. I don't care who they sign or have. Nike is the it brand in America and that's not changing. Adidas is king in the Euro markets.
I understand that, but Americans also don't have a reason to value Adidas is my point.
Exactly Nike just needs elite caliber athletes they don't need the "best" one
They've always had the "best one" though. A great example, Adidas is outselling Nike in football (not American football), and look at who their endorsing? The best player on the planet, Lionel Messi. People care about these things, it's a fact, or else these athletes wouldn't be getting paid so much to be sponsored.
yeah but nike's playing catchup in soccer, they just now pushing soccer like they do basketball, hell football sigs aren't getting the push that soccer is currently and I don't even know if they have anyone signed for baseball anymore, just retro Griffey's, Bo's and a few others but plenty of basketball and running

In my opinion in terms of looks the lebron line is going downhill after the 9's while the price tag is going up. :smh:

There's a reason why you are on Niketalk not Reebok Talk, Adidas talk or sneaker talk etc

It's because Nike consistently puts out the "best" technology, some of the best athletes, best apparel and great marketing

No one single person affects Nike sales at this point

Last edited:
There's a reason why you are on Niketalk not Reebok Talk, Adidas talk or sneaker talk etc

It's because Nike consistently puts out the "best" technology, some of the best athletes, best apparel and great marketing

Technology my a**, biggest gimmick ever. I agree with you on the marketing though.

Technology my a**, biggest gimmick ever. I agree with you on the marketing though.
yeah that's a tough one but to me the gimmicks are 3m, prints, and glow where as the tech, max air, tn, flywire, flyknit, posite can be gimmick depending on the how it's marketed

Watch Lebron not wear these next season. :rofl:

they don't have a drop in midsole he should be fine but only time will tell, i'd laugh hard though if he doesn't wear these either

Yea I don't get why people keep saying that. The XI was the first time LeBron didn't wear his sig. Not like it's a regular occurrence. As mentioned above, it doesn't have a drop in midsole...

Adidas has dominated Soccer before Messi

Nike has some great players Too

I don't follow Soccer but Im sure Nike has had best Soccer player in the world at one point but they still lag behind Adidas for a variety of reasons

yeah but nike's playing catchup in soccer, they just now pushing soccer like they do basketball, hell football sigs aren't getting the push that soccer is currently and I don't even know if they have anyone signed for baseball anymore, just retro Griffey's, Bo's and a few others but plenty of basketball and running

Nike has definitely been playing catchup in terms of Football/Soccer. Adidas is huge in that market overseas.
Messi is arguably one of the best. Not clear cut best. Nike has the other side of that argument in Ronaldo.

I'm still not sold on the XIIs, but the KD7s? :lol: Those are straight up trash. They somehow made the KD line look even worse which is saying something coming off the 6s.

KD 7s are not great---KD6 so far is the best KD IMO. And while The XII is the best Lebron it's still better than the Vs and VIs. And Xs for me actually. But that's I really, REALLY disliked the Xs :lol: :lol:

man, saw this was pumped until I saw--

say it ain't so---may be in the minority but I prefer the black upper.

Watch Lebron not wear these next season.
roll.gif

they don't have a drop in midsole he should be fine but only time will tell, i'd laugh hard though if he doesn't wear these either

Yea I don't get why people keep saying that. The XI was the first time LeBron didn't wear his sig. Not like it's a regular occurrence. As mentioned above, it doesn't have a drop in midsole...
most aren't serious we just have nothing to talk about and want to make jokes on Lebron and keep things light hearted until there's something more to talk about, think how many times his toes have been brought up

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts  

KD 7s are not great---KD6 so far is the best KD IMO. And while The XII is the best Lebron it's still better than the Vs and VIs. And Xs for me actually. But that's I really, REALLY disliked the Xs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

man, saw this was pumped until I saw--
Grey looks better IMO

say it ain't so---may be in the minority but I prefer the black upper.
it's so I mean there's no black on the dolphins so I makes sense grey orange and (sea)green and blasphemy on them X's fam they were awesome i'm still trying to find some Vs at a decent price
nerd.gif

So much ignorance. Duncan is the dominant player of this generation not Kobe. And at this point Duncan and Shaq have had better careers than LeBron.

Back
Top Bottom