The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
This is TRUE and there's No Coincidence at all.

Primary Reason for this is the fact that Design/Development starts ATLEAST 18 Months before Release Date.

Obviously each sneaker is looked upon to be an evolution of the previous sneaker, but many times development takes place while the 2nd most recent signature is in its Prime, so during that process, they're getting the most feedback from the Player & customers on THAT sneaker rather than the one that has yet to release.

The Lebron XIII (13) has been in development since earlier this year. The current signature is the XI and the XII has yet to release. It's easy to see how often design cues are taken from the signature sneaker before the current one.

Think about how much the X's resembled the 8's... at the time they began development on the X's, it was right around the time that the 8's became Lebron's Most Popular Sneaker to Date... they had just came down from their South Beach 8 "High." The 9's began development before Lebron even had his "Decision" to go to Miami...so that's why there's not much of an Evolution to the 8's with that signature. When people look back 10 years from now, it'll look like the X's and 9's should've been swapped in the series. This holds true with the KD 4, 5, and 6, as well.
So your saying the Lebron 13 is gonna suck lol.. I think there's some good points made here but the 7 wasn't mentioned as it shouldn't be being sleekest of the Petrie line to date in terms of shape.. I can see the 8 and x having a connection but the 7 and 11 is a stretch especially on shape the 11 is shaped flater than any Bron the 9 isn't shaped like the 11

i think for 2 you should of put in red suede.

i think the lebron XII can really support ext a lot better then the XI simliar to the way the Lebron X were able to.

another colorway i would like them to revisit is some of the samples like the black suede pe that never released, they were fire
I thought about putting it but then i thought about only keeping it to the Performance model, but if we focus on ext

1 - 10.) RED SUEDE

11.) Mint

12.) The Black suede PE ( Both Variations)

13.) Hazel

Maybe I'm trippin but it looked like Serena Williams was wearing those trainers on sports centers highlights.

man these lebron are gonna be amazin...cant wait for october 11 were ok 10 not so much least fav lebron ever

i think for 2 you should of put in red suede.

i think the lebron XII can really support ext a lot better then the XI simliar to the way the Lebron X were able to.

another colorway i would like them to revisit is some of the samples like the black suede pe that never released, they were fire
I thought about putting it but then i thought about only keeping it to the Performance model, but if we focus on ext

1 - 10.) RED SUEDE

11.) Mint

12.) The Black suede PE ( Both Variations)

13.) Hazel
mean.gif
 how about we keep red suede, drop the rest of those, add black denim, add a paten leather

This is TRUE and there's No Coincidence at all.

So by y'alls theory the 7=9....

sorry guys I don't see it.

The X barely resembles the 8

zoom max vs air max
Dynamic flywire vs flywire
toe cap vs split toe
No heel tab vs heel tab
no lion tongue(except lace lock) vs lion tongue
rope laces vs flat laces
swoosh direction

need I go on....

Last edited:
So by y'alls theory the 7=9....

sorry guys I don't see it.

The X barely resembles the 8

zoom max vs air max
Dynamic flywire vs flywire
toe cap vs split toe
No heel tab vs heel tab
no lion tongue(except lace lock) vs lion tongue
rope laces vs flat laces
swoosh direction

need I go on....
you trying to hard thats why you dont see it

were not saying the shoes look like exact successors to the shoes but were saying the successors took key elements from previous designs that were liked and played off them and created something new but still used the predecessor as the base for the model. look at it like this. the 8's and 10's are lot more sleeker and narrow as the 9's and 11's are lot more wide and share some design elements, not neccesarly speaking of performance elements.

I agree with the 8=10 and 9=11, but I'm thinking the 12 is lookin more like the 9 with the lateral lockdown patterns.

you trying to hard thats why you dont see it

were not saying the shoes look like exact successors to the shoes but were saying the successors took key elements from previous designs that were liked and played off them and created something new, but still used the predecessor as the base for the model. look at it like this. the 8's and 10's are lot more sleeker and narrow as the 9's and 11's are lot more wide and share some design elements, not neccesarly speaking of performance elements.
Thanks bro. Couldn't have said it better myself.

And the Design & Development Process/Schedule is Not a Theory... that's All FACT.

look at it like this. the 8's and 10's are lot more sleeker and narrow as the 9's and 11's are lot more wide and share some design elements, not neccesarly speaking of performance elements.

this I can deal with

just say silhouette

it's tricky when people generalize "design" in comparing said models

but still I don't see this silhouette being similar to the X

Last edited:
Clearly need to see more pics and this is obviously and unfinished sample, but in saying that can Nike please stop meshing soccer with all of their sports shoes.

Back
Top Bottom