The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Just got my cloaks last night off CL for $220. So dope in person.

Was so hyped on the cloaks I forgot that nike did the same crazy paint job on the zk5 Chaos. Both are 
pimp.gif

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Originally Posted by cubanref

Man I love my cloaks! I remember being in line for these and asking people if they were getting them and no one knew they were coming out. Even an employe that was in line didn't know about them. These are easily my favorite VII to come out. They will probably be the most sought after VII depending on what else comes out in the next few months

Those, sir, are the blinded hypebeasts/resellers that kill the shoe game. 

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

Saw the dukes today and I was really impressed.  I want to REALLY like these shoes but I hear nothing but bad reviews about them from blisters etc.  I know several people who have the $180 pair and the $140 pair and they all are very disappointed and are going to use them just for casual use.  I had high hopes on these shoes, but I really don't know what to think.  My Kobe 4 supply is running low, and ebay is dry.  The fives were TOO low, the sixes were TOO flimsy, and the reviews of the sevens all seem to be bad.  Tried them on in the store (dukes) and they seemed okay, maybe when they hit outlets I'll make a move.

They arent as bad as some people would have you to believe, they just more on the par of the Kobe 1. If I were the rank all the Kobe models
1. The 2K4
2. Kobe IV
3.Kobe V
4.Kobe II strengths
5. Kobe III
6.Kobe II
7.Kobe VII
8. Kobe I
9. Kobe VI

I never played in the 2K5, the shoe just didnt appeal to me.

how can you have the 4's ranked so high if after they're fully broken in they're useless due to the bottom'd out lunar

Rocket wrote:

I was in the EXACT same situation. I was 20th in line on 2/18 (the day the 4s and the Cloaks dropped) at HoH. I started askin people in front of me what they were getting and they look at me like: "Jordans. What else would I be getting?" So I was chillin in line doin the dougie knowin I'd be able to get the 4s AND the Cloaks. And that's exactly what happened. Cloaks FTW!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kicksb4tricks

Originally Posted by cubanref

Man I love my cloaks! I remember being in line for these and asking people if they were getting them and no one knew they were coming out. Even an employe that was in line didn't know about them. These are easily my favorite VII to come out. They will probably be the most sought after VII depending on what else comes out in the next few months

Those, sir, are the blinded hypebeasts/resellers that kill the shoe game. 

QFT.  Its not likely to happen like that again either.  I still cant believe I was able to head to the HOH at 12 and pick up my sz no problem.  I was passing on them till I seen Jrodski post his pics and talk about how nice they were in person and it would go down as a top kobe ever.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

Saw the dukes today and I was really impressed.  I want to REALLY like these shoes but I hear nothing but bad reviews about them from blisters etc.  I know several people who have the $180 pair and the $140 pair and they all are very disappointed and are going to use them just for casual use.  I had high hopes on these shoes, but I really don't know what to think.  My Kobe 4 supply is running low, and ebay is dry.  The fives were TOO low, the sixes were TOO flimsy, and the reviews of the sevens all seem to be bad.  Tried them on in the store (dukes) and they seemed okay, maybe when they hit outlets I'll make a move.

They arent as bad as some people would have you to believe, they just more on the par of the Kobe 1. If I were the rank all the Kobe models
1. The 2K4
2. Kobe IV
3.Kobe V
4.Kobe II strengths
5. Kobe III
6.Kobe II
7.Kobe VII
8. Kobe I
9. Kobe VI

Having the VI ranked 9th leaves you with NO credibility.
grin.gif

I knew that would get that but lemme explain. I like the VI to lounge around in but I hate playing in it because it has no lockdown and feels too filmsy. I really feel like I could play in some Free trainers or some other Zoom based running shoe and get the same playing experience as the Kobe VI.

I like for my playing shoes to feel like Basketball shoes

Also when the Kobe IV "bottoms out" its not like it sucks to play in, its just less plush feeling then when they come out of the box. It stills feel a whole lot better than heel in Hyperfuses.

tried them on also they might feel better with thin socks they just feel too tight for me....

1. The 2K4
2. Kobe IV
3.Kobe V
4.Kobe II strengths
5. Kobe III
6.Kobe II
7.Kobe VII
8. Kobe I
9. Kobe VI

grin.gif

I knew that would get that but lemme explain. I like the VI to lounge around in but I hate playing in it because it has no lockdown and feels too filmsy. I really feel like I could play in some Free trainers or some other Zoom based running shoe and get the same playing experience as the Kobe VI.

Also when the Kobe IV "bottoms out" its not like it sucks to play in, its just less plush feeling then when they come out of the box. It stills feel a whole lot better than heel in Hyperfuses.

Im totally with you.

Aesthetically, the VI is great, but the VI is the worst in the entire line for playing basketball in. The toe box is way too big, my foot moves around all over the place in the VI, just blisters my entire foot.

Originally Posted by bballah3

grin.gif

Im totally with you.

Aesthetically, the VI is great, but the VI is the worst in the entire line for playing basketball in. The toe box is way too big, my foot moves around all over the place in the VI, just blisters my entire foot.

i went down 1/2 size (compared to the zk5) and i had none of these issues. the zk6 is my favourite shoe of all time. 
i also don't have any heal slippage in the shoes, they just need to be broken in. 

man..the cloaks are seriously amazing....best colorway by far...cloaks over galaxies anyday

Originally Posted by SonLA

tried them on also they might feel better with thin socks they just feel too tight for me....

I always wear the Nike Dri-Fit socks with my Kobes. You might wanna try a pair with them.

Just got the Cloaks and ASGs thanks to an NTer.
The Cloaks are definitely the best VII thus far!
The BHMs are pretty wild and definitely not for everyone.
They look pretty good with pants, and you can't go wrong with the Coogi print.
laugh.gif

Sorry for the quick instagram pic.

^thats a lot of $$$

WOW, those pictures of cloaks a few page back looks amazing. cant wait to get my pair.
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom