The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, the team was never given a real “reason” as to why he wants to get traded. Doc and Morey explicitly said it during Media Day. The assumptions of the fans, G7 comments, Embiid etc but no actual reasons. But it does make sense as to why he didn’t want the team to see him, because the reasons was pure BS
It’s pretty clear they’ve been trying to trade him for a while now. They want to trade him. From that perspective I don’t blame Simmons or Klutch for holding the 76ers feet to the fire.

As Klutch put out, it shouldn’t be Simmons job to raise his value for a trade which is the only reason Philly wants him to show up & play for them at this point.

It’s pretty clear they’ve been trying to trade him for a while now. They want to trade him. From that perspective I don’t blame Simmons or Klutch for holding the 76ers feet to the fire.

As Klutch put out, it shouldn’t be Simmons job to raise his value for a trade which is the only reason Philly wants him to show up & play for them at this point.
His value is where it is because of him. Not because of the organization but him.

Sixers have only tried to trade him for James Harden. The rumors about Dame was after the season when Klutch basically demanded the trade.

If he’s mad the team is dangling him for legit superstars the dude has an issue beyond shooting

Morey and Embiid could have played this total 180 and praised the hell out of Simmons. I don't think that would help convince other GM's that Simmons aint a severely flawed Playoff player

Don't see how it isn't a player's responsibility to maintain and raise his value. So it's the team's responsibility to make sure Simmons' value is high so he can demand a max contract extension from them?

Both sides are playing hard ball. Morey gonna have to cave in and trade Ben soon because the sixers have more to lose

was just about to ask: who has more to lose?

at this point, maybe the sixers wait until the trade deadline to send him to a team desperate for another piece who’ll squeak them into the playoffs and are willing to sacrifice draft picks. pels have a bunch first rounders and are constantly a fringe playoff team

Ben Simmons current market value is exactly where it needs to be right now. His mental approach and history doesn't dictate that he has the ability to be any more than what he is right now.

Get a cj Mac package from Portland, or send him to NBA Siberia and watch his basketball carcass rot.

And...

Kyrie continues to be a contrarian just for the sake of being a contrarian. A true nut job.

He's gonna end up getting vaccinated anyway. If he doesn't, ok. He misses 41 games? He was gonna miss 25 games anyway just by being a wack job.

Last edited:
1633056187850.png

Morey and Embiid could have played this total 180 and praised the hell out of Simmons. I don't think that would help convince other GM's that Simmons aint a severely flawed Playoff player

Don't see how it isn't a player's responsibility to maintain and raise his value. So it's the team's responsibility to make sure Simmons' value is high so he can demand a max contract extension from them?
He already has the max extension, what does he care who Philly gets in return in a trade? He’s just wants to be traded.

He already has the max extension, what does he care who Philly gets in return in a trade? He’s just wants to be traded.
Then why sign the extension in the first place

Trust me the league ain’t gonna allow this ***** to truly define player empowerment demanding out with 4 years on the contract

Trust me the league ain’t gonna allow this ***** to truly define player empowerment demanding out with 4 years on the contract
+1

That's the new hustle. Sign the "supermax" and demand out a year later.

Teams have to acquiesce to the demand in fear of turning off future free agents from coming.

Situations typically don’t go sour this fast so I don’t think it’ll be an issue.

I think Baron Davis is the last dude who asked out early in his 2nd contract.

That’s why a lockout is coming.
Agreed law.

But if teams ownership grew some eggs, we wouldn't need a lockout.

Owner comes out publicly and says "no you bozo, you signed the contract, nobody forced you. You said last week that you wanted to retire a (insert team here) now you want out a week later? Nope. Sorry. Not sorry. Play or retire."

Set a precedent

You can't condemn the clippers for rolling out the red carpet for Blake then shipping him to Detroit (or similar situations) and in the same token be ok with players signing a max deal and demanding out a week later.

Imo

Last edited:
O’Neal: “In this line of work, sometimes you have to be selfless. The day I decided it wasn’t all about me and it’s about us is the day I started winning and really started dominating. I understand the issues and all that. But I took the vaccine because I’m not trying to get my mother sick, or my sister or my brother or people around me. I know people say, ‘The vaccine came too fast and is it healthy.’ To each his own. But sometimes you have to think about the overall picture and you have to think about more than yourself.

Imagine Shaq being the voice of reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom