The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

DSCF1568-2.jpg

Was honored in getting a cover and back cover for an Italian skateboard magazine along with a 6 page article as well. Pretty hyped to get something printed finally. Something I can show my kids one day when they stare at me in confusion as they swipe through their iPad. Haha.

Congrats man! That’s crazy impressive

I haven't really done any photography in at least 3 years but went out yesterday for an early morning trip with a guy I used to go out with regularly. Took me a while to remember anything (spent the first 20 minutes shooting with ISO 250 before I noticed...). I think this is the only decent shot I got.

Was honored in getting a cover and back cover for an Italian skateboard magazine along with a 6 page article as well. Pretty hyped to get something printed finally. Something I can show my kids one day when they stare at me in confusion as they swipe through their iPad. Haha.

I reached out to them and they said they ship to the US. Going to try and order a copy.

New gallery from the Jags beating the Titans for the AFC South last Saturday night here in DUUUUUVAAAALLLLLL! Found it pretty challenging to shoot at night with my Sony 200-600 that only goes to f/6.3 at 600. Had to bump the ISO to keep my shutter at a good clip, but stuggled to get as sharp of images. As much as I'd love those big $10k+ lenses, they're just not in the budget for me :lol:

https://www.thewayfarersdream.com/blog/2023/1/8/afc-south-champions

2023.01.07_JagsTitans_Website-70.jpg

When i went home to saint louis i got alot of my 35mm film developed and the last time i went in the camera store they happened to have this black f2 for 80 bucks. These really are decent cameras , imo almost about the same as my FE’s except the changeable viewfinders.

Also on the black one i bought a mint 50mm lens and its my favorite that i ever used on any camera i have. Extremely crisp and great dof.
6A8B1060-0EC9-418D-8B9A-BCE5C1232FF5.jpeg
4C09898B-A735-4214-B37B-A91AFB290C20.jpeg
6A8B1060-0EC9-418D-8B9A-BCE5C1232FF5.jpeg
4C09898B-A735-4214-B37B-A91AFB290C20.jpeg

What's the film scene like where y'all from, still able to find places to develop locally? Still a decent amount of labs doing processing and scanning/prints around NYC and Brooklyn (shoutout to accurate photo). Price has gone way up for sure but I got a lot of love to the mom and pops and small businesses still providing the service.

I've also mailed out plenty to thedarkroom.com over the years, highly recommend them as well

What's the film scene like where y'all from, still able to find places to develop locally? Still a decent amount of labs doing processing and scanning/prints around NYC and Brooklyn (shoutout to accurate photo). Price has gone way up for sure but I got a lot of love to the mom and pops and small businesses still providing the service.

I've also mailed out plenty to thedarkroom.com over the years, highly recommend them as well
In stl the camera store I visit has a small selection of film but a decent variety of it. When i sent in batches of film there was a quick turnaround time for it sometimes a day earlier than estimated.

In colorado theres a few shops with alot of cameras , developing material, large selection of film and longer wait times . Out here they are much more pricier as far as camera prices. Lol a store i went to in the summer time charges about 300+ for a nikon fe vs back in stl i can get em for about 60-80$ :lol:

I never tried out the darkroom but i also heard good things about em .

Back
Top Bottom