The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

RhymeSik - Your pictures look soft to me (sharp wise) and some are over exposed. I see that you use a large aperture for alot of your shots so maybe try lowering your iso or making your shutter speed higher to compliment your aperture.

cosign.. looks a bit soft

my attempt to use a 70-200l f2.8 as a macro lens

5910503311_420839b8bb_b.jpg

5910503113_83a6dfb81e_b.jpg

shot with:
5dii
70-200l f2.8
430ex ii

Anyone have suggestions on where to buy used lenses? Aside from craigslist..? Looking for a 35mm or 50mm for my D5000

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

RhymeSik - Your pictures look soft to me (sharp wise) and some are over exposed. I see that you use a large aperture for alot of your shots so maybe try lowering your iso or making your shutter speed higher to compliment your aperture.

Thanks. Will do
Also, I uploaded using PB which decreased the quality of the images. The OG pics are much sharper in comparison. I'm new to using DSLRs (5 months) and I'm always willing to learn and heed advice.

264263_124884437598820_100002317942173_209166_5841830_n.jpg

Sold my Canon Rebel XSi + 18-55 kit lens on Craigslist for $440 yesterday. Bought this from a guy off Craigslist for $450 today. Brand spanking new. It's a huge step-up. Any others using this particular cam, as well? 

I wouldn't go as far as saying that is a huge step up but it does have a better ISO and you can take video. I messed witha D3000 body with my 35mm 1.8G and the auto focus was really slow. Hopefully the D3100 is better then that model.

Some reviews that I read compared the 2 and said that it's indeed better than the D3000. Auto focus on the D3100 is pretty nice from what I've seen so far. It's a little more precise than my Rebel XSi, but not by a lot. I don't care too much for auto focus anyway. I shoot everything manually.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I wouldn't go as far as saying that is a huge step up but it does have a better ISO and you can take video. I messed witha D3000 body with my 35mm 1.8G and the auto focus was really slow. Hopefully the D3100 is better then that model.

I didn't notice much a speed increase between the two. This is all from memory tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by majicman

Some reviews that I read compared the 2 and said that it's indeed better than the D3000. Auto focus on the D3100 is pretty nice from what I've seen so far. It's a little more precise than my Rebel XSi, but not by a lot. I don't care too much for auto focus anyway. I shoot everything manually.

For real? When I first had my DSLR camera, I actually tried to shoot with my lens on manual but I could never get my subject matter consistently sharp. Autofocus just makes life easier and is way more precise. And when I meant the autofocus was slow on the D3000, it was more so on low lit scenarios. My D90 just seemed way faster.

Originally Posted by frankl1001

$350 for a Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens an okay deal?
If new, amazing deal. If lightly used, good deal.... anything else, just a deal.
Also, adob0, really nice looking macro shots with the 70-200L; especially that first shot with the flower... 
eek.gif

For real? When I first had my DSLR camera, I actually tried to shoot with my lens on manual but I could never get my subject matter consistently sharp. Autofocus just makes life easier and is way more precise. And when I meant the autofocus was slow on the D3000, it was more so on low lit scenarios. My D90 just seemed way faster.
Definitely.  I recently bought the D3100 (first DSLR) and when going through Understanding Exposure, the author says to change to M and never look back. Focus is definitely my weakest area. For a couple days, I thought my eyes were just terrible. I'm not use to it at all. 

Aw man, I wanna upgrade to a Nikon D7000. What's a reasonable price for the body?

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Definitely.  I recently bought the D3100 (first DSLR) and when going through Understanding Exposure, the author says to change to M and never look back. Focus is definitely my weakest area. For a couple days, I thought my eyes were just terrible. I'm not use to it at all. 

Fongstarr: I was the same way when I started shooting. Usually when I shot with auto focus on my Canon, I'd take multiple shots and see that some came out a little blurry and some sharp. Hopefully with this Nikon, the results with auto focus are much better than what I got out of the Canon. I'll be posting new stuff soon.
HankMoody: Most definitely. I shoot on M, only. Same here. I shot with auto focus so much when I began shooting with my first DSLR. Then I read some articles in a few photography mags and got better at manually focusing. My eyes are terrible, so I use the live view most of the time when focusing manually. That live view is a big help. 

Back
Top Bottom