The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

agh...I just pulled the trigger on a G11. So psyched. First time in almost 3 years that I'll be able to shoot with a P&S camera again!
I loved my G10 while I had it. I would have gone for the S90 instead though if I was to get a P&S now.

2ir1508.png

vo9b0n.png

Originally Posted by mikeyloops

i need a new lens -_- what should i go for Rebel xsi..any suggestions?
what's your budget and intended purpose of use?

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

agh...I just pulled the trigger on a G11. So psyched. First time in almost 3 years that I'll be able to shoot with a P&S camera again!
I loved my G10 while I had it. I would have gone for the S90 instead though if I was to get a P&S now.
It really was a toss-up between the two but I went for the better build, longer focal range, viewfinder, flash mount and swivel screen. I'mnot good with self portrait shots so it should come in handy especially for parties on new years. As big as it is, portability won't be an issue incomparison to my 1D3
laugh.gif

@Rap i would go to like $100-$350 well i like looking short d.o.f. but then again i wanna shoot long shots...so i dont really know -_-

will be checking this thread on the regular. Seems like a very relaxing hobby. I would really enjoy walking around my campus from time to time and justshooting something interesting. Keep up the great work.

I want a P&S b/c i can't always carry around my d40... the G11 is sick but too big/ expensive to be just a carry around p&s for my pocket.. I'mjeal tho rap sizzle

@SaNTi0321

Thanks, I'll mess with it later this week hopefully, last critique tomorrow morning then I am done with the semester and hopefully will get out and shootsome stuff
smokin.gif

@CDub Yo yeah a few of my homeys do it in SD...so next time i go out there i will get some shots hopefully ..i really want to go to LA..to see all those pieces

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Rap if that 70-200 would of have been IS - I think I would of have been bought it by now ..
Yeah man, the f/4L IS version one of the SHARPEST Canon zoom lenses. I was on a tight budget back when I bought the 70-200 f/4L and I never reallygot around to using it much since it was too slow for low-light. Even with my 70-200 f/2.8 IS now, I still find myself using primes 90% of the time.

Speaking of gear, I'm still contemplating about trading my 50L for a 35L. However, I've found a new favorite combo...1D3 + 24L. It's close to a 35equivalent on a full-frame so I'm still debating. I might instead choose to flip the 24L for the mark II version or save up a lil more for that new 1D4,depending on how reviews turn out on its low-light capabilities. One thing is for sure, the 1D body is so much better on the hands the 5D2 with grip...anddon't get me start with AF comparisons
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

I want a P&S b/c i can't always carry around my d40... the G11 is sick but too big/ expensive to be just a carry around p&s for my pocket.. I'm jeal tho rap sizzle
Sounds like the Canon S90 is what you're looking for. Think G11 in a more compact body. I'm selling my 24-70L, 70-200 f/4L and Sigma 10-20to buy the G11 + gifts for friends and family.

Originally Posted by KL9

Rap - Congrats on the pick up, how much was it?
Thanks. Got it off Amazon for $439. I might end up spending more since I'm thinking about getting a bag for it now.

Originally Posted by mikeyloops

@Rap i would go to like $100-$350 well i like looking short d.o.f. but then again i wanna shoot long shots...so i dont really know -_-
sounds like a Canon 50 f/1.8 II or 50 f/1.4 if you're willing to drop a lil more. The 50mm range makes a good portrait lens for croppedbodies. A longer prime you could look at is the 85 f/1.4. In terms of quality of image produced for the price you pay, the 50 f/1.8 is a no-brainer.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

I should be picking it up in January, gonna go check it out either tomorrow or Wednesday and get a feel for it.
You should start looking for deals now. I have been watching multiple amazing deals pop up a few times a week that I would definitely snatch up ifI hadn't already. Also start deciding now whether you'd like the body alone and invest in a better lens or go for the whole body plus kit lens that wayyou also know if you need to be researching lenses. All the deals I have seen now include the kit lens at prices that are even better than the price of thebody alone. Either way it's good that you've started researching now so that you can make a better informed decision.

Good luck! It is an awesome camera!

$500 is his listed price ...

I would go with the 2.8 IS however I'm just using it for studio work .. however I been approached by several wedding photographers that want to take mealong and all of them have requested the 70-200 2.8 IS .. I don't mean request .. strongly suggested to have it .. lol

They make money too - their prices start at 3k

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Rap, What are you asking for the 70-200?
$500 shipped and PPed to a confirmed address in the US. It'll cost a lil more for Canada though. It's in pristine condition since I'vealmost never used it.

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

$500 is his listed price ...

I would go with the 2.8 IS however I'm just using it for studio work .. however I been approached by several wedding photographers that want to take me along and all of them have requested the 70-200 2.8 IS .. I don't mean request .. strongly suggested to have it .. lol

They make money too - their prices start at 3k
Yep. That's why I don't feel too bad about not having used the 2.8 IS too much yet. I know that when I start shooting weddings, they willcome in handy. It all depends on the photographers style though. I have friends who shoot weddings and their longest lens is the 135L. Even then they shoot 80%of their shots with primes like the 35L.

It looks like the offical video of Young Money's Bedrock video was shot with DSLRs (Canon). Interesting.
(Behind the scenes)

(How it turned out)

I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II. I'm looking for an ultra wide angle lens, preferably an L... I'm talking beyond a 24, like a 17 even.. is thereanything out there like this that you guys can recommend?

^ Canon 16-35 f/2.8L II. If you're on a tighter budget, there's the 17-40 f/4L which clearly is slower and isn't as sharp as the 16-35 wide open.

Back
Top Bottom