6094845680_abf143d16e_b.jpg

6110514280_3e3013af5c_b.jpg

6110494558_64eb760e93_b.jpg

6219338686_da389c88ef_b.jpg

6218840079_65de94d964_b.jpg

6218846173_03d8f31bc8_b.jpg

6218852961_8edf853c51_b.jpg

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

Fong - Shots were done with a 24-70. I handheld those shots at a slower shutter if that helps. What makes you believe the 35mm is slow compared to the fisheye by the way.

I don't know. I seem to get better low lit shots with the fisheye then the 35mm. Maybe it's partially the body or something but I am really dissatisfied with the 35mm. I really need to upgrade or get a new lens. I feel hindered in my photography for some reason with what I have. Hopefully that D800 will be something good.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Fong - Shots were done with a 24-70. I handheld those shots at a slower shutter if that helps. What makes you believe the 35mm is slow compared to the fisheye by the way.

I don't know. I seem to get better low lit shots with the fisheye then the 35mm. Maybe it's partially the body or something but I am really dissatisfied with the 35mm. I really need to upgrade or get a new lens. I feel hindered in my photography for some reason with what I have. Hopefully that D800 will be something good.

Play with that ISO bro, are you having trouble focusing?...perhaps you can turn on your flash assist-af beam but disable your flash, I always do this when I'm shooting in low light and can't focus...the nikkor 24-70 isn't faster than a prime at 2.8, the quality however and accurate focus gives most primes a run for their money....I own the Nikkor 24-70 and used to have the 24-70L can't even compare the 2, Nikon is on another league with that lense.

good stuff y'all
here's another dump of some stuff i recently threw on our tumblr...i think this is the first show i shot for Curren$y...anyways...

tumblr_lvbnfwU5nd1qg5g7z

tumblr_lvbneqxrC81qg5g7z

tumblr_lvbndq1EHX1qg5g7z

tumblr_lvbn2rVvmz1qg5g7z

tumblr_lvbmyv5bT31qg5g7z

tumblr_lvbmwg9eq91qg5g7z

tumblr_lvbmvgpx8v1qg5g7z

tumblr_lvbmr6aR8x1qg5g7z

tumblr_lvbmsbFjJ41qg5g7z

AirPhip....what do you shoot with?
Great stuff all, I need me a nice camera...Xmas is around the corner! I am pretty artistic with my camera phone! lol

i know this has probably been asked many times..but whats a good beginner slr camera for someone like me..who wants to get into photography?

canon or nikon? and which model. thanks.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Hello there everyone, I need suggestions and help on picking up a few things for my loved one.

He currently has a Canon Rebel XTI 400D, the lens he currently uses is the Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM

What other lens would be best to pickup?  

And what would be a great external hard drive to buy?

Any suggestions?

Does he have a preference in what he shoots? I always suggest the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X but it is a wide lens. Good for landscapes and an all around lens but not so god for portraits since it stretches the subject matter. Here is a link to some sample pics: http://www.pixel-peeper.com/lenses/?lens=12955

And Western Digital are fine but I am no expert when it comes to harddrives. I just get what is cheap.

The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X is amazing!  Although kind of out of my price range
frown.gif
, my range is really low basically like $200 and under, unless shops let you pay monthly?  We usually go to a lot of different restaurants, he has the Canon EF for the macro shots, and the Tokina would've been perfect for restaurant shots and just everyday.

^^^there are always good deals on craigslist and any of the photography forum's marketplace, places like POTN and Fredmiranda....check there, chances are for any lense worth buying you'll spend over 200$...photography is a expensive, if that's your budget, I suggest you buy him a camera bag or something....don't waste your money on BS glass.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Play with that ISO bro, are you having trouble focusing?...perhaps you can turn on your flash assist-af beam but disable your flash, I always do this when I'm shooting in low light and can't focus...the nikkor 24-70 isn't faster than a prime at 2.8, the quality however and accurate focus gives most primes a run for their money....I own the Nikkor 24-70 and used to have the 24-70L can't even compare the 2, Nikon is on another league with that lense.

I do mess with the ISO. On average at night, I shoot either 800 or a 1000 but I sitll get a lot of crap shots and the grain gets pretty bad, even after some editing in photoshop. I had the 50mm 1.8 when I had a Canon and I swear that thing performed better then this 35mm. Maybe it's just me and I need to learn out to use it. I hardly pop it on my camera since the fisheye is my go to (sad to say).

The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X is amazing!  Although kind of out of my price range
frown.gif
, my range is really low basically like $200 and under, unless shops let you pay monthly?  We usually go to a lot of different restaurants, he has the Canon EF for the macro shots, and the Tokina would've been perfect for restaurant shots and just everyday.

Honestly just get him a $200 gift certificate to B&H Video. Let him save the rest to get a good lens. There is hardly anything worth getting at that price range and it is a better to just get something solid. Sometimes I feel like I should have never got into this hobby because I can hardly afford it.

Originally Posted by peep the kicks

i know this has probably been asked many times..but whats a good beginner slr camera for someone like me..who wants to get into photography?

canon or nikon? and which model. thanks.

Canon T1i or T2i or T3i. Just get the model that suits your budget but I would go with the T3i if you can afford it.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

AirPhip....what do you shoot with?
Great stuff all, I need me a nice camera...Xmas is around the corner! I am pretty artistic with my camera phone! lol

Canon 40D with a 17-40mm L

Assistance please. Recently I was taking some photos and my camera died, I guess the battery drained out and I wasn't paying attention.
It completely was drained of all power, so I immediately switch the battery out with a spare I carry.
Next thing I notice as I'm looking through my photos, I see the my screen has some slight flickering around the boarders.
It's nothing major, but it is quite annoying, and I'm worried it's going to develop and become progressively worse.

I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experience anything like this? I'm using a canon T3i. Also, I have warranty as well, is this covered?

Merry Xmas homies!...probably gonna re-do this shot with the wife and dog for our holiday cards...lol

6437725891_6610b9bd98_b.jpg

Are there any sites that can help me out with poses for portraits and wedding photos or does anyone have any tips?  Any help is appreciated.
Also, I'm looking to upgrade my lens.  I just have a T1i with the two lenses that came with it.  I'd be mainly looking to shoot portraits.  Nothing over $1000 if possible
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I'm just not sure if I should be looking at a telephoto lens or a super telephoto lens or telephoto zoom lens. 

Originally Posted by mikejs210

Are there any sites that can help me out with poses for portraits and wedding photos or does anyone have any tips?  Any help is appreciated.
Also, I'm looking to upgrade my lens.  I just have a T1i with the two lenses that came with it.  I'd be mainly looking to shoot portraits.  Nothing over $1000 if possible
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I'm just not sure if I should be looking at a telephoto lens or a super telephoto lens or telephoto zoom lens. 
bro, ima give it to you upfront...if you are even considering wedding photography you better stop thinking of keeping a budget, wedding photographers charge a grip because of how expensive their equipment is, you need fast glass because some churches wont allow you to use flash the 2 lenses your kit came with wont hold up, you need a camera with a big sensor that can handle high ISO without sacrificing IQ, your T1i for sure wont hold up.....just don't go around saying you do wedding photography misleading a client even if its just a friend and then realize how hard it really is once is too late...don't use someones wedding as practice bro.....i do recommend you find an actual wedding photographer you can shadow, assist or maybe even second shoot for....do that for a whole wedding season and absorb as much as you can, save up money and upgrade your body first thing when the time is right, then build your lens line up.
24L, 35L, 50L are GREAT for reception and party shots

85L, 50L probably your best portrait lenses

135L, 70-200L the only two lenses you'll need inside the church

100L ring shots and other details

50L, 35L, 135L are just all around good lenses for the rest of the stuff.

this is the dream team as far as glass for weddings go.

as far as poses, nowadays photojournalism is what most brides go for, people really don't like to be posed in front of a camera and approaching a wedding from a photojournalistic stand takes all that away, the photographer i second shoot for, probably does 10% formal and 90% candids, so much more fun for a photographer too!...just know when the moments are coming and capture them, like a ninja....read up on that 
glasses.gif

some shots i got a second shooter on the sat wedding we did....i got so lucky to end up shooting for an amazing wedding photog!

6440215045_3dc23aec1e_b.jpg

6440214319_9492845530_b.jpg

6440214073_189b3d4280_b.jpg

6440213515_d017208216_b.jpg

6440213109_cc2c4f1b54_b.jpg

6440211819_527c2410ab_b.jpg

6440211663_50df63a728_b.jpg

6440211179_fcbdacc498_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom