The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Snapped around the Golden Gate today:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

How are you guys posting full resolution images on ig? I'm on android and can't find an app that does that without adding the bars on the top and bottom. It's pissing me off

The IG app on Android needs to be tweaked, you'll never be able to post your pics without any pixelation, happens to my boy who's a pro wedding photog.

The issue you are having with the lines I'm thinking is more of a crop issue tho, all my pics get cropped when posted on IG....

I'm using photogrid and I can have the entire image show but the white bars are there. I've seen a lot of people post pics and I'm thinking maybe they just zoom into the image? Idk but every time I zoom into the image most of it gets cropped out. I guess I just have to deal with it.

In terms of quality, it's the instagram app itself. It ***** up the quality, it's been a problem for a while for Android users. People have said to turn off high quality image processing, but it's had mixed results.

IG only posts photos as a square.

Last edited:
I just let IG crop it, it sucks sometimes but it looks much neater on your feed....unless you keep ALL of your pictures the sake dimensions using square ready or any other app.....I also now don't do dipstic, only once in a while

getting acquainted with the 50mm

thought these two came out not so sharp and finally realized that shooting at a high iso isn't always great and that I'm better off finding a balance between my shutter speed and aperture.

getting acquainted with the 50mm

thought these two came out not so sharp and finally realized that shooting at a high iso isn't always great and that I'm better off finding a balance between my shutter speed and aperture.

ISO softens your image up because of the grain etc. That shot you shouldve done a long exposure and it wouldve done the job.

^^^^^^VSCO is more for the filters even though it has some adjustments you can do to it. The best thing about VSCO imo is how you can use the filter sparingly whether you want the filter to its max or just a hint of it. As far as photoshop, most people use Snapseed instead. It just has more options to enhance your photos. Usually you would run a photo through a filter first and adjust it after with Snapseed. I find that to be the mos effective as far as mobile editing goes.

Thanks for the advice i might try both out because i do like the interface of Photoshop but hell on this 16 gig iphone that mignt not even be an option :x

^^^^Yo....I take that back. I haven't even used my Photoshop app in a minute but with the updates, it's actually pretty good. Nothing you can't do on Snapseed but I am sure there are subtle differences. I think it is good to have options though so I am going to even use that app as well.

Man....I remember a couple of years ago, Camera+ was my go to app cause their camera was fast. Not I hardly even use it.

Snapped around the Golden Gate today:

this is dope! :pimp:
haven't been to the bay in a while, is this area of the bridge (under i'm assuming) open to the public? havent seen this angle in a photo before.
planning on making a trip down from portland in december.

this is dope!
pimp.gif

haven't been to the bay in a while, is this area of the bridge (under i'm assuming) open to the public? havent seen this angle in a photo before.
planning on making a trip down from portland in december.
There are 2 sides of the bridge and only one is for walking pedestrians haha. I went to the other side but it's only for bicyclists. There was a walkway right under, surprisingly. 

Just a quick snap I took of the gate through the fence:

does anyone have advice on shooting in dark places w/o using Flash... Hence in my pictures posted above the clarity is nowhere near where i want it to be. I have a starter setup (Canon T3I, 12.3 pixels i believe) would the pixels have something to do with it? or is a matter of mastering the exposures. (Then again i also shot this with a 18-55mm)

so any suggestions on making things clearer.

^ shooting in dark places, you're going to need faster glass. The kit lens isn't going to fare well in poor lighting conditions. Aside from that, you can raise your ISO to up that shutter speed when you're handholding. And of course if possible, use a tripod when you can. Otherwise, having sound technique holding the camera steady will be needed.

With a kit lense and a rebel you will never be able to handle low light well without a flash, the camera doesn't handle high ISO well for starters and the lense is just too slow, you can use a tripod but that would only be cool if you taking pics of things that are static (don't move) sorry man.

does anyone have advice on shooting in dark places w/o using Flash... Hence in my pictures posted above the clarity is nowhere near where i want it to be. I have a starter setup (Canon T3I, 12.3 pixels i believe) would the pixels have something to do with it? or is a matter of mastering the exposures. (Then again i also shot this with a 18-55mm)

so any suggestions on making things clearer.

I'm using the same body as you so i totally understand. the aperture on the kit lens just doesn't let enough light through at f4.5 to get nice images in the dark. the 50mm f1.8 does pretty well in low light given the low price point. i got one a few weeks ago from my local best buy for 90 bucks

Thanks everybody for the suggestions i was just making sure that i wasn't just completely camera illiterate :lol:

I might have to invest in that 50mm, I've really grown fond of photography after taking a class in school but i want to be able to learn alot before possibly investing in a whole new camera... ESPECIALLY since i already lost my first T3I :smh:

Also will buying an external flash help with the clarity?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom