The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^But you gotta be a cloud subscriber.

You do. I am, I have the full subscription because of being a student, but the photographer package includes lightroom and photoshop. It's 10 a month. I think it's worth it. I can tell you I waste more than 10 a day haha. Small sacrifice especially if you are serious about your work.

^Word. Thanks for the insight, homie! I've been thinking about subscribing, instead of pirating, but many $10 bills a month add up. I gotta cancel either Spotify or Netflix :lol:
I just might have to do it though. Thanks again!

^But you gotta be a cloud subscriber.

You do. I am, I have the full subscription because of being a student, but the photographer package includes lightroom and photoshop. It's 10 a month. I think it's worth it. I can tell you I waste more than 10 a day haha. Small sacrifice especially if you are serious about your work.

i was thinking that too, $10 a month seems like a good deal for both ps & lr as well as access to your files in the cloud, i even signed up for it but canceled the same day because i had difficulty installing 'creative cloud' and after reading more about the service decided that i didn't want to deal with the online stuff...plus it seemed to to me that the 10 a month was an introductory thing & that the price would eventually increase after some length of time, the mobile editing sounds interesting though

Taken with the LG G2. Kind of bumb that I left my camera back home.

San Diego Sunset
Pacific Beach

Another one of these deals for the 6D needs to pop back up asap. I need to get out there with my 28mm for some bokehlisheshness.

Last edited:
Man...the inevitable happened last week. I was shooting some stuff in a shop and as I mounted my camera on the tripod, it didn't lock and it fell straight to the ground! I literally just froze but picked it up and my surprise, there was not even one single scratch on it. I literally though I escaped death but then I went to shoot something today and tried to screw on my ND filter and it didn't seem to go on. I looked and I have the smallest but visible dent on the edge of the lens, making it virtually impossible to ever put on a filter. MAN! Even resale value wise, this drops this camera's price significantly. Anyone know of people fixing things like this?

Man...the inevitable happened last week. I was shooting some stuff in a shop and as I mounted my camera on the tripod, it didn't lock and it fell straight to the ground! I literally just froze but picked it up and my surprise, there was not even one single scratch on it. I literally though I escaped death but then I went to shoot something today and tried to screw on my ND filter and it didn't seem to go on. I looked and I have the smallest but visible dent on the edge of the lens, making it virtually impossible to ever put on a filter. MAN! Even resale value wise, this drops this camera's price significantly. Anyone know of people fixing things like this?
send it to canon.

The same happened to me on my 24-105L. :smh: . I was heated but happy that the lens was still functional. The only thing that broke was the filter best 30 dollars I ever spent but my lens was bent as well. Ended up never putting another filter on it since it didn't fit. When it fell I felt like Red (from Friday) getting his chain stole by Debo. Mad but couldn't do a thing.

I finally got to test out the Peak Design Capture Clip that @ksteezy  recommended. That thing is a BEAST. I attached it to my backpack, hopped on my motorcycle and went for a nice ride. I was hitting speeds over 70mph and I never felt like my camera was unsafe. Through twists and turns it felt secure on the strap of my backpack. At times I even forgot that I had it on there. My only concern was little rocks and other things flying up from cars in front of me, but I don't think my camera was ever hit. 

For what it's worth, I was carrying around a D3200 with a 35 attached. I can't speak on how well the product will work with bigger/heavier bodies/lenses, but for my particular setup it worked like a charm.

I definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a way to bring a DSLR while riding a motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom