The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

B&W just to see what it looked like. I'm feelin it.

dope, why pop the taillight on the X5 (???) and not go stronger with the yellow on the caliper on the porsche though? could probably pump up the contrast slightly too, or isolate the suv & make it darker so the so gt stands out even more?

something like this (hope you don't mind):

Yo!

Buddy of mine just offered to sell me his Canon 30D...I know it's an old camera but this would be my first DSLR.

He's throwing in a 1:8 50 mm lens and a battery grip. Too old? Find a refurb T3i/D3200 instead? Thanks in advance!

[
dope, why pop the taillight on the X5 (???) and not go stronger with the yellow on the caliper on the porsche though? could probably pump up the contrast slightly too, or isolate the suv & make it darker so the so gt stands out even more?

something like this (hope you don't mind):

Didn't even think about that lol. I just clicked on the preset and that's what I got but I see what you're saying. Isolating the yellow caliper looks a lot better. Thanks!

Yunno I actually did pretty well when it came to picking FF or APS-C/Micro 4/3. Full frame just has this extra something about it that looks better to me.

I agree, most people probably can't tell the difference between APS-C, Full Frame, whatever (online). But like Fong said, things are different when you're talking about varying/low lighting conditions or actually printing your work. The difference between the sensors is much more obvious.

Very easy to tell full-frame. That something is the bokeh and depth of field. The images "pop" out more. The bokeh is unmatched. And of course, you get that because of the 35mm sensor. Micro 4/3 are easy to spot because the aspect ratio is 4:3 compared to 3:2 as 35mm and APS-C.

[COLOR=#red]Everything you said was true...it was just something that showed that it's not always as easy to tell the difference between sensors due to a number of factors

As far as the concert comment...when I worked for Apple Corporate there was a employee there that was Steve Tyler's personal technology assistant. He had some truly freaking breathtaking photos from concerts he attended...all of us where in awe of the clarity and the color and how it popped out to us visually, we all thought he had this amazing camera setup...dude had a older ApS-C Canon with a really good 50mm prime lens.[/COLOR]

Dude probably had the 50mm f/1.2L. Put that on almost any APS-C and know what you're doing in post, you're definitely set for some visually pleasing photos.

Last edited:
Brought out my rebel xti for these shots. camera still doin work despite being nearly 7 years old. 

a530e3f4-615b-42f7-befc-84b7a2632acf.jpg

fb284f7a-a791-4a36-8ea7-abcbf7ad20c7.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I had an Evo that I could shoot. I bet you have a lot of fun in that thing.

Actually took a few snaps of a white GT2RS today. Too bad it was cloudy and all those other cars were around it.
ohwell.gif

Haha thanks man. Yea it's a fun car.

But that Porsche, god damn, GT2RS and GT3RS are like my dream cars man 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Hmmm. I think you're good on lenses unless you get something telephoto or maybe an 85mm because you have the bases covered. When I first got my camera I bought a 35mm and then a 50mm. I added an 85mm then a 28mm to replace the 35mm.

Haha thanks man. Yea it's a fun car.

But that Porsche, god damn, GT2RS and GT3RS are like my dream cars man :pimp:  

I hear you, those things look timeless.

Got a chance to take the polarizer out today. Needless to say I was semi impressed for spending the amount of money I did. Maybe I wasn't using it right or was expecting too much out of it idk.

Can you guys tell the difference in these two photos?

Polarizer on?

I thought it would cut out all the reflections but I guess not. :frown: Oh well

I hear you, those things look timeless.

Got a chance to take the polarizer out today. Needless to say I was semi impressed for spending the amount of money I did. Maybe I wasn't using it right or was expecting too much out of it idk.

Can you guys tell the difference in these two photos?

Polarizer on?

I thought it would cut out all the reflections but I guess not. :frown: Oh well

I'm just a noob, but I think the bottom one has the polarizer. The only reason I say is the front windshield has a bright spot at the bottom passenger side (right above the Ferrari log), and it's a lot smaller on the second pic.

I'm just a noob, but I think the bottom one has the polarizer. The only reason I say is the front windshield has a bright spot at the bottom passenger side (right above the Ferrari log), and it's a lot smaller on the second pic.

You can see the difference by the headlight. Polarizer isn't supposed to kill all reflections. I believe its a certain type of light and at a certain angle. I forget. It's in a book that I'm trying to read. Just doesn't keep my attention

I was thinking the same.

Last edited:
Which tone do you guys find that is more appealing to the people who see your pics and aren't photographers or know anything about photography?

I tend to go to the HDR presets whenever I have a pic that has a lot of different colors and I'll adjust the saturation by toning it down or just tone down the specific colors. Most people who like my pics tend to like the ones with the colors that pop out at them.

Last night on the plane ride home, decided to edit some pics and the guy next to me ask me if I was a professional because I had a good eye for composition. Wasn't sure what that meant but it felt good. :smokin :lol:

Ok so I'm going to buy a Point n Shoot camera and I'm very indecisive.
I want one with IQ in good and low lighting vices superb in good light and poor in low light. Also something with a but of Zoom that keeps a fairly good IQ and portable. I'll look into something interchangeable but I don't want to be dealing with lenses.

I was almost going to pull the trigger on the Canon SX700 but the review for low light were not good.

the Sony RX100 sound nice but don't want to deal with the lenses and the Nikon S9700 but also review on low light were not good.

Had contemplated getting the WX 350 from Sony but I have been disappointed with Sony beforr

Back
Top Bottom