The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Just made my first portfolio! LMK what you guys think http://eric_diaz.500px.com

great images!! not a pro & i don't make any money from photography, so take what i say with a grain of salt #whatdoesthatevenmean #cliches...but i do know how stressful it can be to put together a porfolio of work that people will judge you on. what is this portfolio for? for fun or potential clients/jobs? if it is the latter, what type of photography do want to do? if there is a genre/type of photography you gravitate to, that probably should make for the bulk of the work in your porfolio...

^I like it. Maybe add one or two black and white photos? Just a thought.

This guy's stream never gets old.

Steel Creature by DanielKHC, on Flickr

i think just about everyone on flickr is following that guy, very inspiring stuff to see!

Awesome shots up there. Just sold my D800, trading up to the D810 
nthat.gif

My one month period has been reached!!! Been stalking this thread and patiently waiting to post some of my pics. I shoot with a Nikon D7100, just took our baby shower pics at the Downtown Fort Worth Water Gardens

14406995628_6d9b2a2827.jpg

14406989408_4c48df5f57.jpg

14397690310_942d4b0aeb.jpg

I've been shooting for a few years actually, just had to wait a month to post in here since I joined last month.

So, here's the quote from my friend for the 6D, brand new:

2233.44 with lens. Before tax

1696.49 body only. Before tax

The lens sells for about $650, you think I should get it with the lens and then resell to soften the price? :nerd: I already have the 24-105L.

So, here's the quote from my friend for the 6D, brand new:

2233.44 with lens. Before tax

1696.49 body only. Before tax

The lens sells for about $650, you think I should get it with the lens and then resell to soften the price? :nerd: I already have the 24-105L.

You can get a brand new body from cl for 1450

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/4559563354.html

Only one that popped up but if you wait it out and shop around I think it'll be better to get one from cl vs paying taxes.

As far as getting the kit, you'll be paying $206 in taxes, resell at $650 on cl so you'll be in $1,789 roughly, wouldn't be worth your while imo. If I were you I'd just get the body from cl, I bought my 6d for $2100 from someone on cl, brand new and he bought it off adorama when they had a special.

Just a simple pic of the peace bridge here in downtown Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Not a professional or anything like that.

Thinking about doing something like this for my Wedding Photography.

thats pretty dope. Would you include the couples name anywhere on there or just your photography business?

I do no marketing for the gigs I've gotten. Usually just word of mouth. Or they see me with a camera and ask what kind of work I do. I have the online portfolio so they can see examples.

Just recently a guy handed me his phone asking to take a pic of him, his wife and their newborn by this fountain. I had my camera and eye-fi so said I can take a nice pic and just text it to him. He called me later that week asking to hire me to I can shoot a birthday celebration for his parents. Ended up doing it this past Saturday for a couple of hours.

I have the eye-fi also and I do the exact same thing, usually at this spoken word gig I have every tuesday. that works pretty well.

I'm working on trying to find a faster process

Thinking about doing something like this for my Wedding Photography.

thats pretty dope. Would you include the couples name anywhere on there or just your photography business?

I do no marketing for the gigs I've gotten. Usually just word of mouth. Or they see me with a camera and ask what kind of work I do. I have the online portfolio so they can see examples.

Just recently a guy handed me his phone asking to take a pic of him, his wife and their newborn by this fountain. I had my camera and eye-fi so said I can take a nice pic and just text it to him. He called me later that week asking to hire me to I can shoot a birthday celebration for his parents. Ended up doing it this past Saturday for a couple of hours.
Thinking about just putting my name on it. My wife does crafting and I would have here do something to deliver it in. Trying to keep up man. That Eye-fi is a great idea.

I know most of you guys are into photography but if someone is good with YouTube in regards to monetization and such please PM me/let me know. Need help with something. Would be greatly appreciated
ohwell.gif

tokes99 tokes99 @ElderWatsonDiggs Good looking out on the tips/advice. I went ahead and copped the A6000 and a 50mm 1.8f lens. I'm really impressed with it. I know EWD was sounding like he's was on Sony's payroll to some but the videos and links he posted were definitely worth looking into, lol.. They're not lying when they say the auto focus is fast. I like the apps you're able to use, like uploading straight to Flickr or the motion app that pastes the multiple pics together.

Here's a few I took tonight. The camera has this Auto ISO feature that you can set the range between 100 to 26000 ISO. I have mine set to 100 to 6400. The night pics came out at 3200. Maybe I'm too critical but I wish I would've set it lower than 3200.

American Airlines Arena by 305Flash, on Flickr

Miami Skyline by 305Flash, on Flickr

Panarama Miami by 305Flash, on Flickr

Me at work being amazing at what the 50mm does. :lol:

Untitled by 305Flash, on Flickr

Another cool thing, my boy was telling me to invest in a wireless remote to set off the pic. I went to the store to look into it and the lady told me it was $30 but said if I had a smartphone I should download the Playmemories app. The app allows me to use the phone as a wifi access point. Now I can use my phone as a viewfinder and press a button on the phone to snap the pic.

Back
Top Bottom