The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Actually thinking on rokinon now. 1.4 might be what I'll look into if I can find it for cheap. If not I'll settle for the canon 1.8

Saw some really outstanding shots from those links.

Is it me or does it seem like there's a very minimal field of people that actually whiten the teeth of the subjects they shoot. Seems like on almost every portrait posted there, that's the one thing that's skipped on.

Last edited:

Actually thinking on rokinon now. 1.4 might be what I'll look into if I can find it for cheap. If not I'll settle for the canon 1.8

Saw some really outstanding shots from those links.

Is it me or does it seem like there's a very minimal field of people that actually whiten the teeth of the subjects they shoot. Seems like on almost every portrait posted there, that's the one thing that's skipped on.

i actually have a few rokinon lenses(8mm f2.8 fisheye, 14mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4, & 85mm t1.5/f1.4), to my amateur eye they're all pretty sharp and as a brand seems to be well regarded as quality glass; especially at their pricepoint(s)...downsides are no exif data to camera (though there are nikon versions have a focus confirm chip in them), manual focusing, & most of the lenses focus past infinity

i just converted one of my old mirrorless joints into a dedicated infrared camera, relatively easy to do as there isn't a mirror mechanism to get around:

my 1st edit:

infrared by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Last edited:
i actually have a few rokinon lenses(8mm f2.8 fisheye, 14mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4, & 85mm t1.5/f1.4), to my amateur eye they're all pretty sharp and as a brand seems to be well regarded as quality glass; especially at their pricepoint(s)...downsides are no exif data to camera (though there are nikon versions have a focus confirm chip in them), manual focusing, & most of the lenses focus past infinity

i just converted one of my old mirrorless joints into a dedicated infrared camera, relatively easy to do as there isn't a mirror mechanism to get around:

my 1st edit:

infrared by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

I see. Looks great man!

I found two listings on Craigslist for about 220. Maybe I can haggle down to 2 flat but I don't know. I definitely want to pick one up this weekend though.

Vsco Film for lightroom is amazing on raw images. Just dont use a different filter every image. Try to have some sort of design feel using a couple of the same presents. I never use grain though. I love Porta 160-800 and Kodak Ultramax 400-800

this hundreds blog. lol these filters are horrible and ruin most the images. not only that, the images all look so different because of how they were edited they look like ****. mix and matched together. imagine putting that in  a photo book or print, how stupid it would look. Dont do this!

http://thehundreds.com/hawaiian-re-cap-part-1/

Last edited:
Vsco Film for lightroom is amazing on raw images. Just dont use a different filter every image. Try to have some sort of design feel using a couple of the same presents. I never use grain though. I love Porta 160-800 and Kodak Ultramax 400-800

this hundreds blog. lol these filters are horrible and ruin most the images. not only that, the images all look so different because of how they were edited they look like ****. mix and matched together. imagine putting that in  a photo book or print, how stupid it would look. Dont do this!

http://thehundreds.com/hawaiian-re-cap-part-1/

Whenever I use them I turn grain off. I understand it's to emulate film grain but I didn't spend all that money on equipment to have crisp images to then add grain on top of them.

15013087422_ea6ee39b2f_c.jpg

I have one. Wasn't out with the intention of shooting outside a gig. I don't mind the glare though.

Recent/Random Flicks. Did a lot of Event gigs and i dreaded doing them. I'm taking a break from it for a while. Might end up getting back into street photography. Love this thread. (sorry for the picture dump)

HN5A4121 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A8778 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A7510 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A8741 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A7206 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A7253 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

Chahovblk by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A2942 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A8165 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A8502 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A4733 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A8214 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A7085 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A6534 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A6795 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A6980 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A6346 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A9408 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A3045 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A2304 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

Haven't posted in a while, especially since I spent the last couple of weeks in Mexico unexpectedly. Wasn't vacation or anything but I had my camera. I'll probably spread them out in different posts. Here are some of my favorites:

15012591056_a153877aa2_c.jpg

14848929690_27e26c0ded_c.jpg

15035221932_041ca9ff07_c.jpg

14848985318_466e0456b0_c.jpg

Haven't posted in a while, especially since I spent the last couple of weeks in Mexico unexpectedly. Wasn't vacation or anything but I had my camera. I'll probably spread them out in different posts. Here are some of my favorites:

15035221932_041ca9ff07_c.jpg

[/img]

#awesome! just curious, where did you go in mexico?

Back
Top Bottom