The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

a bunch of frames put together from a freerunning/martial art gym in nyc:

Here's a shot I took with the newly acquired Canon 6D on NYE.

My GF and my extremely frightened dog :lol:...

Wish I did a better job at focusing on the subjects, a tad bit unfocused, but I was also really rusty.

Took out my new canon70d today, the pics are uploaded from my iPhone through the eos app so the quality suffers

Some long exposures there would be nice if you have a tripod. Been there a few times and got some good results.

Last edited:
It's was really hard focusing on his eyes because he wouldnt stay still. I had it on continuous focus and always aimed for the eyes and those were the best shots I got. Had it in burst mode.

Last edited:
Don't know what aperture that was shot at but you could try shooting at a higher f-stop . With the dog being that close, you'd still most likely blow the background out even at a reasonably smaller aperture, maybe f/4-5.6

Don't know what aperture that was shot at but you could try shooting at a higher f-stop . With the dog being that close, you'd still most likely blow the background out even at a reasonably smaller aperture, maybe f/4-5.6
I had it on aperture priority mode and the lowest f possible with the lens I was using which is the one that came with the Nikon D40x which was f/3.something.

It was my first time messing with a DSLR and Photoshop.

Last edited:
how you can focus on a eye of a moving dog?

If you can focus on the nose of a moving dog, why not the eyes? That's the fun and challenge of it. The nose is nowhere near appealing as the eyes in any subject.

I personally would do a zone focus. Set the camera/lens to manual focus and leave it focused at a certain distance and shoot when I see fit. Anticipate and prepare for it. Also one of the easier ways to photograph kids running around.

Yongnuo going to make a 35mm Canon clone lens soon. Probably cheaper and better than the Canon equivalent. I love how this company is making bootlegs and getting away with it.

yongnuo35_4-575x575.jpg

Selling my 24L TS lense Version 1 for 950$ if anyone interested, shoot me a PM

Keep in mind is a Tilt Shift Lense

Back
Top Bottom