The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^^^^^I saw that on my feed today. Super sick. Jersey is a nice touch too. How did they get access to shoot in there anyways?

Haven't gone shooting in a while, but the weather is getting pretty nice by me; hopefully I can go out more.

Random shots of a recent sneaker pickup.

I think I am going to go ahead and pull up the floor in my office and make it a studio. Since I am shooting more models I need to space. Wife also wants to be present when shooting these models. Is anyone else in here married that shoots models?

Also, recommend me a backdrop stand or wall mount. @ksteezy or anyone else. Holla at me.

I think I am going to go ahead and pull up the floor in my office and make it a studio. Since I am shooting more models I need to space. Wife also wants to be present when shooting these models. Is anyone else in here married that shoots models?

Also, recommend me a backdrop stand or wall mount. @ksteezy or anyone else. Holla at me.

I'm married and shoot models. The good thing is that my wife is into make-up, and knows the types of models I shoot (non-eyecandy) so it works for us. As far as backdrop stands, I use a cheap Cowboy Studio stand I found at Amazon. If I owned my home I would make a mount on the wall or ceiling to eliminate the footprint all together.

^^^^^I saw that on my feed today. Super sick. Jersey is a nice touch too. How did they get access to shoot in there anyways?

Was planning to do engagement shoot at att park few years ago. I don't know how it is at Levi's but the sfgiants site has a section on their page about how to do shoots there. There is a fee. If I recall they wanted like $200ish. I forgot how long but they said there are other couples (depends on day I guess) and it's the couple and the photographer. Ditched the idea since although we Giants fan I was more into basketball

02.jpg

Review on the Canon 11-24mm. Seems like even though this thing cost an arm and a leg, it holds up to even prime lenses in regards to it's sharpness. The only downside is how this is not really a general lens to use and more of a specific lens. At least Canon put out a dope ultra wide but I doubt these are going to be flying off the shelves.

http://timdoddphotography.com/blog/canon-11-24-f4l

Example of how wide this thing can be.

Canon-11-24mm-F4L-Tim-Dodd-Photography-29-21-web-1024x750.jpg
Canon-11-24mm-F4L-Tim-Dodd-Photography-1998-web-768x1024.jpg

That would be great for taking pictures of an event space or tight places. I'm sure food photographers are going to eat that one up.

What sharpening methods do you guys use? Any default settings?

I use Smart Sharpen in PS. Allows you to control the sharpness more rather than a general sharpness mode.

I keep the radius really low for web use. I want to say 1.0 or even less. The amount I do about a 100-150 but again, depends on the image. If something is sharp, no need to oversharpen it.

smart-sharpen.jpg

^To answer the question about sharpening, I use smart sharpen as well. Nothing past 20% for me though because I feel the camera bodies now a days a good enough where you don't need to.

Thanks man! Yeah the jerseys were a really cool touch to the shoot. Actually its the tour or on field, you can do it pretty much any day or off season. Anyone can do it, i'm not sure how much is it to do so because they paid for me. Basically what Grizzlyboy said.

Back
Top Bottom