The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Been really busy lately with Summer school, work, events, and weddings...finally getting a chance to work on the Golden State Warriors Victory Parade this past Friday. I feel like I'm way behind my photo work.:\

All photos taken with a 24-70mm F/2.8 is anyone was wonder. The past parades I've done were with this lens, but honestly this lens and having a 70-200mm are the best combo imo. Need to get a 70-200 so I can have my trinity set up. Anywho, a lot more on my blog as always.

IG - @dunksrnice
http://www.dunksrnice.net/2015/06/061915-warriors-parade-recap.html

quick question....Which printer do you guys find best for your work?

thinking about copping a Canon pixma pro 1000 but i also print a lot of documents and I need them to be high quality. any suggestions?

So your 6D body only for the X-T10, 18-55 and 35? What Canon lenses do you have and are you ready to move systems?

Yes i use my 6d for a bout a year now

So 6d + 50mm 1.8 = xt10 + 1855 and 35mm

Do you think its a good deal?
Yes i think im ready and i really want to try mirrorless since they're smaller and more compact

Yes i use my 6d for a bout a year now

So 6d + 50mm 1.8 = xt10 + 1855 and 35mm

Do you think its a good deal?
Yes i think im ready and i really want to try mirrorless since they're smaller and more compact

I would say it's a decent deal if you're willing to give up full frame. If that means nothing to you, then I'd definitely go for it. Fuji's 35mm is an amazing lens and the 18-55 is no slouch either. Although it may be a "kit" lens. It definitely doesn't perform like one. It perform's much better compared to Nikon and Canon's similar offerings. I can't really say much about the X-T10, but the X-T1 is an amazing camera. The X-T10 is pretty much the same camera IQ wise, just missing some of the extra dials which also goes into it's smaller form factor. Also, moving form DSLR to mirrorless will take some getting used to, so if you do get it, don't get discourage too easily.

I would say it's a decent deal if you're willing to give up full frame. If that means nothing to you, then I'd definitely go for it. Fuji's 35mm is an amazing lens and the 18-55 is no slouch either. Although it may be a "kit" lens. It definitely doesn't perform like one. It perform's much better compared to Nikon and Canon's similar offerings. I can't really say much about the X-T10, but the X-T1 is an amazing camera. The X-T10 is pretty much the same camera IQ wise, just missing some of the extra dials which also goes into it's smaller form factor. Also, moving form DSLR to mirrorless will take some getting used to, so if you do get it, don't get discourage too easily.
Since im a 50d user before i use those 6d so i think i wont have a problem with the sensor size :D
Yee man, thats why i want those fuji, cause there is some promotion going down when they release here this saturday

Buy a kit xt10 with 18-55 or 16-50 you get a free 35mm hehhe

By the way, which one is better? The 1855 or the 1650?

And for anyone who use non weather sealed camera, if you have a sweaty hands, would that be a problem? Since xt10 unfortunately doesnt have weather sealing on :frown:

I went from a canon 7d and a butt load of lens' to a fuji xt-1 with the 14mm and 56mm. I was able to get a Sony A7II with kit lens for $1k so I ditched fuji in a heartbreak and I think Sony is the better mirrorless. Their crop sensors and full frames. I believe you can get the A7 original for around $900 which is cheaper then the xt-10, you get a whole lot more bang for you buck imo

I went from a canon 7d and a butt load of lens' to a fuji xt-1 with the 14mm and 56mm. I was able to get a Sony A7II with kit lens for $1k so I ditched fuji in a heartbreak and I think Sony is the better mirrorless. Their crop sensors and full frames. I believe you can get the A7 original for around $900 which is cheaper then the xt-10, you get a whole lot more bang for you buck imo

Damn a7ii for 1k thats a steal man

I was thinking about sony too last night, but the lack of lenses turn me down, do you have lens reccomendation for the a7? I need some sharp and good versatile lens for under 300 tho

Since the xt10 going to cost me about $1250 with those 2 lenses

And a7 going to cost me $1100 for body only :frown:

Since im a 50d user before i use those 6d so i think i wont have a problem with the sensor size :D
Yee man, thats why i want those fuji, cause there is some promotion going down when they release here this saturday

Buy a kit xt10 with 18-55 or 16-50 you get a free 35mm hehhe

By the way, which one is better? The 1855 or the 1650?

And for anyone who use non weather sealed camera, if you have a sweaty hands, would that be a problem? Since xt10 unfortunately doesnt have weather sealing on :frown:

18-55 by a long shot. It's surprisingly pretty sharp.

Sweaty hands is a non-issue with a non-weather sealed camera. Now if it was raining or you were in a sandstorm, you would have some problems.

Another +1 for the Fuji over here. I switched from a 60D to an X-E1 a couple years back and haven't looked back.

The 18-55 has the edge in terms of IQ and build quality, but I'd be tempted to go for the 16-50 just so you can go a little bit wider. All in all, I don't really like using zooms with the Fujis though and only have primes at this point. And like mjbetch said, don't worry about sweaty palms on the X-T10.

Another from my project365..still going strong, although lately there's been some days I can't think of **** to take a picture of :lol:

project365 by bjamez20, on Flickr

also need to pick up some new white foamcore as mine's dirty as hell :\

I need to get my sensors clean.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Or should I take it to a shop and get it clean?

How much does this job typically run for?

Never clean em urself. All u will do is worsen the problem.and cud ruin ir camera.

Id cal around to local shops to see how much it is

If you don't know what you're doing, take it to a shop to get cleaned. It'll cost you anywhere from $60 ~ $100ish depending on the size of your sensor. I've done mine myself. No problems if you take your time and have patience.

Gonna need these (at least this is what I use)

Cleaner and swab
Amazon product ASIN B00UYLVSUG
Magnifier
Amazon product ASIN B0091SS310
Dust picker-uper thing
Amazon product ASIN B0019K8YVM

I mostly use manual lens' but the kit lens 28-70 does very well imo, it should hold you over until they release more later on. Also the new 28 f2 has gotten great reviews and is pretty well priced I think.

18-55 by a long shot. It's surprisingly pretty sharp.

Sweaty hands is a non-issue with a non-weather sealed camera. Now if it was raining or you were in a sandstorm, you would have some problems.

Another +1 for the Fuji over here. I switched from a 60D to an X-E1 a couple years back and haven't looked back.

The 18-55 has the edge in terms of IQ and build quality, but I'd be tempted to go for the 16-50 just so you can go a little bit wider. All in all, I don't really like using zooms with the Fujis though and only have primes at this point. And like mjbetch said, don't worry about sweaty palms on the X-T10.

Another from my project365..still going strong, although lately there's been some days I can't think of **** to take a picture of :lol:

project365 by bjamez20, on Flickr

also need to pick up some new white foamcore as mine's dirty as hell :\

welp, no doubt that im going to buy those xt10 this saturday,
not going to lie, pretty excited about this camera since it was my first time using mirrorless camera hahaha

and for the kit lens, i think i will go for 18-55 8)

ill post a pic once i bought em!

again, thank you for the information guys!

All my gear could use a good cleaning. I can't seem to find my blower though 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom