The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Yeah......like the focus dots will just follow what is in frame that is moving. Don't know the technicalities of it but usually it will focus on the main subject matter if done right. I would always just do regular focus mode when shooting skate stuff and even concerts and that was why I would shoot 300 photos to get like 10 good ones. I so want to shoot a concert now to see how it will perform and shoot the right spots on people. When I would shoot with regular focusing, I would always get the performers hands or other parts of the body rather than the face. I think this might help with that.

Took some shots at my godson's 1st birthday yesterday. Sometimes I'd use my D3200, others I'd use my phone (LG G4).

Can you tell phone from DSLR? It's pretty apparent to me, but I'm thinking that's hindsight bias.

Wait so ya just let the baby dig into the cake? lol
lol his mom was holding him over it while she was taking the candles out and he just went for it. We just rolled with it since it already happened. There were other cakes but we still ate that one. Funfetti ftw haha

I really need to brush the dust off my camera.

Anyone have any experience with wifi SD cards? Should I cop for some quick edits to the gram, or how about mobile adapters? Using a Nikon D600.

I really need to brush the dust off my camera.

Anyone have any experience with wifi SD cards? Should I cop for some quick edits to the gram, or how about mobile adapters? Using a Nikon D600.
I have the Nikon WU-1a and honestly I feel like it's a little pricey for what it is. From my experience the connection gets really choppy and you don't get much control when you're using it for remote shooting. I mean if all you're using it for is photo transfers, it gets the job done but maybe the wifi SD cards will give you a better experience. 

I got an eyefi card. It;s a love and hate relationship cause it goes in and out of signal all the time. The trick is to turn it off when not in use and to turn it on when loading. With the one I have, I can select specific photos to upload rather than the whole thing. I think it's worth it but it can be frustrating at times.

Shot a look book for a friend that has a clothing line. Kind of redid photos I shot before but whatever. I honestly have a hard time getting creative with this stuff.

effulegence-3.png
effulegence-9.png
effulegence-7.png
effulegence-10a.png
effulegence-6.png
effulegence-4a.png
effulegence-2b.png
effulegence-8.png
effulegence-5.png

Shot a look book for a friend that has a clothing line. Kind of redid photos I shot before but whatever. I honestly have a hard time getting creative with this stuff.

it is good to remember that look books also can alsoy portray a lifestyle and/or say something about the brand in addition to showing off the wares (or would it be wears in this case?)...like who are the people that the brand is targeting? what would the ideal consumer(s) be doing in the gear? if the solitary urban explorer is the concept, could be cool to have your model play that up? its probably a tough go because as much as you want to get creative with it, the goal is to really show off the product...

more hoops:

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

isolation by a0, on Flickr

facetime by a0, on Flickr

^^^^^^I here you. Like I was into concepts prior and making the place compliment the clothes but I can't figure this guys clothes out for anything. So I just took it upon myself to just go somewhere interesting. I am not getting paid for it and I just wanted to practice shooting people. If it was more of a serious gig, I'd definitely take those things into consideration.

Wait so ya just let the baby dig into the cake? lol
lol his mom was holding him over it while she was taking the candles out and he just went for it. We just rolled with it since it already happened. There were other cakes but we still ate that one. Funfetti ftw haha
My family will usually have the kids holding a knife into the cake (in tandem) to take a picture of them slicing it. Luckily they've never got ham.

I'm new to thread and looking for ideas for an art show I have to do around spring 2016. The mediums I intend use are photography and graphic design(illustrator) some pieces may be the mix of the two. I really want to do sneakers and related topics so any feedback would be helpful

Good look on the eyefi card comments. The only gripe I've heard about them is that you can't really pick and choose which photos you can transfer, they all just download over.

Back
Top Bottom