The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Anyone know of any fun ways to teach someone who loves photography but doesn't want to learn anything about it :/

Keko killing. My NT bros are talented af. You guys have hella skills in what to shoot, how to shoot it and editing it

Not sure if any of you guys live in Chicago but this weekend is Open House Chicago. Opportunities to explore a bunch of the buildings across the city. I'm super excited and will most definitely be out shooting pics. 
pimp.gif

http://openhousechicago.org 

What??? Haha. That seems random. Ain't no fun till the homies have some.

So question. Was she a model for hire from like ModelMeyham? In a non perverted way, how do you get a model to get nude? Is that a request from her or the photographer?

What??? Haha. That seems random. Ain't no fun till the homies have some.

idk why but the song all about u just popped in the my head :rofl:

im sittin back, lookin at locoboy photo
i see the same chick, who was in my homeboy grizzyboy photo!

assuming need to be paid tho

Last edited:
Haha. I am like "Pass her over to me and let me run a session on her." That's pretty funny though. She has no idea she's been displayed on NT twice.

That's random. She's pretty good, but some girls shoot a lot. Atlanta is kind of small when it comes to decent models. I haven't paid any models to shoot with me. I don't think that will change unless I go to a different city and want to shoot something special. She's really nice though.

Oh and about the nude thing, I usually just ask. But its a comfort thing as well. You gotta have a vision for it. I don't really care to see them nude, just want the shot.

I've been lurking this thread and hesitating to ask about shooting nude models but this seems like a good time :lol:. Obviously I'm a perv but it's not just for perv reasons, I really do have an appreciation for the female form and some artistic ides for shoots. I'm a complete noob but I shot my home girl at the beach a while back. She's a photog and was giving me some tips. Can you guys share some of your experiences in doing this? I'd like to make it something I can do on the side

Last edited:
I've been lurking this thread and hesitating to ask about shooting nude models but this seems like a good time :lol:. Obviously I'm a perv but it's not just for perv reasons, I really do have an appreciation for the female form and some artistic ides for shoots. I'm a complete noob but I shot my home girl at the beach a while back. She's a photog and was giving me some tips. Can you guys share some of your experiences in doing this? I'd like to make it something I can do on the side

You just a perv bro...lol

Make sure you don't catch an erection :lol:

Last edited:
^Exactly. Seriously though. Its a touchy situation. I would look for models who already poses nude and go from there. A lot of nude models want compensation. So there is that route. Otherwise you have to build relationships. Its easy to become a perv. I would never want to sour my name over an inappropriate comment, look, stare, or gesture. Just not worth it. If you can find the maturity to do it go right ahead. I would start off with lingerie or implied nude first though.

Plenty of birds willing to strip if you have an ok understanding of photography and you'll get them cool sexy pics for their tumblr/IG accounts...don't expect to get paid a dime from them though....that's why I would never even consider that aspect of photography, unless you are very well established the most you will get as a photographer are the pictures you shoot, doubt these self-entitled models are willing to pay you.

That's random. She's pretty good, but some girls shoot a lot. Atlanta is kind of small when it comes to decent models. I haven't paid any models to shoot with me. I don't think that will change unless I go to a different city and want to shoot something special. She's really nice though.

you guys typically find people on MM?

Plenty of birds willing to strip if you have an ok understanding of photography and you'll get them cool sexy pics for their tumblr/IG accounts...don't expect to get paid a dime from them though....that's why I would never even consider that aspect of photography, unless you are very well established the most you will get as a photographer are the pictures you shoot, doubt these self-entitled models are willing to pay you.
Very true.

you guys typically find people on MM?
nope. MM models are terrible. I use IG a lot. And also agencies.

Oh. As far as agencies go, I'm assuming they pay you?

IG? How do you find people locally like that?

I am building relationships with agencies and their bookers. They trust me, especially not to push up on their girls, to give them good pictures. Yes, they agency or the girl pays.

I am building relationships with agencies and their bookers. They trust me, especially not to push up on their girls, to give them good pictures. Yes, they agency or the girl pays.

Ah, I see. I guess it's different cause you seem to this professionally?

Thanks for the insight.

Not professional, as I still have a ton of work to do, just making steps. It's tough man. Their are a few local guys here in Atlanta that are killing it. But it's competitive and they think you are cool until you're impending on their territory.

Back
Top Bottom