The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Was it you that had that E30 you fixed up?

Yes, I had a red one I bought for 1k and sold for 4.5k after the clutch went out.

22582241539_5ef398fdf9_c.jpg

Now I have a gray one I recently got for $800 and am working on

24853940423_4ae2a7a094_c.jpg

Got mybSurface Pro 2 and I love it. Im a huge tablet fan tho. cant wait to get my next cam and do some tethered shots

Upload it through flickr and post the link. Uncheck the "import images" at the bottom of the post box.

Dope **** as always man.

can someone suggest a good starter camera thats not too expensive? i was thinking about the canon eos rebel t5 or nikon d7000. any thoughts?

Last edited:
can someone suggest a good starter camera thats not too expensive? i was thinking about the canon eos rebel t5 or nikon d7000. any thoughts?

we've discussed this a couple times past couple pages.

if you're gonna get a rebel, i'd recommend getting the "i" version.

take a look at the t4i, can probably get a used one for a decent price.

Kinda thinking about getting that t4i now after looking at it. Maybe return the Nikon d3300 I just bought. We'll see

Kinda thinking about getting that t4i now after looking at it. Maybe return the Nikon d3300 I just bought. We'll see

Never shot with the Nikon. But you can't go wrong with budget glass offered by Canon. For around $580 (before tax), you can pick up a full kit including: EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM (walk around), EF 50mm f/1.8 STM (Portrait), EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM (Wide-Angle), and EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM (Zoom), all via the Canon Refurbished site. Pick up a refurbished/used body and you should be good to go for a while.

Going on vacation to Belize in a couple months and I'm not trying to lug around the SLR do you guys have any recommendations for a point and shoot? Thanks ahead!

I am a pretty new at photography and have the Sony RX100 M1 and use it for basic photography.  If I want to take the next step and learn more/have more control over my camera what would be a good upgrade? 

that is a pretty capable point & shoot, it should give you a pretty good idea of what you need in your next camera...

some general responses to this question for deciding on a camera, every dslr-level camera out right now is going to be pretty awesome at taking pictures, so YOU deciding what things YOU want in YOUR camera is paramount, everyone can only really tell you what they think from their experience, which may not be all that helpful to how you plan to use it; the main question to ask is what/which camera will fit best for what you do want to do with it?

have friends that shoot a particular brand?

going to shooting indoors/low light a lot?

plan to do some video?

does size/weight matter?

does portability matter?

need the camera to be rugged/weather-sealed?

these probably are not exhaustive, but it should help start the thought process of things specific to your particular use...again it is probably not the case that you could pick a 'bad' camera by just going into a store and blindly choosing one or going by recommendations from the good folk here, but it may not quite fit for you

Going on vacation to Belize in a couple months and I'm not trying to lug around the SLR do you guys have any recommendations for a point and shoot? Thanks ahead!

I was just there back in December. Just bring a bag cause I didn't find it that difficult carrying my gear. I'd bring an DSLR just cause you can even get some milky way shots out there with there being no light pollution and all.

if you already have a decent camera (that you are already familiar with), not sure you'd be best served by buying another camera (that might require at the very least some time to get familiar with) for this specific event? if anything it might be a good idea to invest in a good upgraded strap (or bag as fongstarr suggested) or (blaspheme!) using your maybe using smartphone camera (assuming you have a smartphone and it has a decent camera) if you want something super easy?

Back
Top Bottom