The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Thank you all for the help/suggestions. Just threw em up on craigslist to see what happens. 17-40L and sigma 10mm Fisheye. Might try a local camera store just to get rid of em if not.
I recently upgraded to a 6D so don't have a use for the fisheye anymore and want to get the sigma 35 f/1.4 instead of the 17-40, I've always loved primes.

How much you want for the 17-40 L ?

Recent engagement work.

--

On another note, will be going to Death Valley this coming weekend. Can't wait. Some photos I found on Google Images.

--

More on my blog as always.

IG - @dunksrnice
www.dunksrnice.net

Nawzlew - Yeap Wilson! I was at the previous Feedback Nation Instagram at the first college campus at Cal State Hayward University. Actually talked in front of 20 plus people about photography but I'm some what a host since I know the homies who run Feedback Nation but it's cool to be apart of the MK Explore/Mighty Killers crew haha. The trip is also sponsored so why not.

Last edited:
If ur renting you might as well do the Canon 16-35 2.8L II.

If you really want 35mm prime then go for Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L

get the f/4 version of the 16-35L. You'd appreciate the IS later in the day.

Best 35mm for a crop sensor? The 24mm. :lol: Jk

Thinking about getting the Sigma 60mm f/2.8 for my a6000 as a portrait lens. Already have the Sigma 19mm and 30mm. Thoughts? Have tons of manual focus 50mm f/1.4s but want something light, sharp, and with autofocus.

A few from SF City Hall... SO PACKED. I'm not super thrilled with the images. I know I could have done so much better. Not being able to deal with how busy city hall was and how time crunched we were REALLY lends itself to needing more than 7 months of experience. :rofl:

Oh well... the bride contacted me the next day after sending a sample album going on and on about how much she loves them and happy they fired their original wedding photographer. I just know i could have done way better.

really wish I could move the cpl over in that doorway shot 6 inches to your left haha besides that looks great had no idea you were only at this 7 months

looks like your doin great breh gotta lotta work ardy it seems :pimp:

really wish I could move the cpl over in that doorway shot 6 inches to your left haha besides that looks great had no idea you were only at this 7 months

:rofl: i agree with you man...

I swear literally EVERY pic while i was culling i was like man i wish i can change "insert some small detail".

And thank you... i've been shooting for almost 6 years but moved into portraiture / weddings last September.

So i've known my way around a camera / exposure for a while but that does not mean i'm where i want to be with portraits/weddings.

When you guys are creating/preparing to take pics with a model on location do you go to the location and practice first or figure it out along the way?

I'm mentally preparing for this shoot I want to do and I know I want to get all my equipment first then do a practice run or two on location then look for a model but wanted to know you guy's processes

:rofl: i agree with you man...

I swear literally EVERY pic while i was culling i was like man i wish i can change "insert some small detail".

And thank you... i've been shooting for almost 6 years but moved into portraiture / weddings last September.

So i've known my way around a camera / exposure for a while but that does not mean i'm where i want to be with portraits/weddings.

you can definitely photochop that pretty seamlessly...all is fair!

When you guys are creating/preparing to take pics with a model on location do you go to the location and practice first or figure it out along the way?

I'm mentally preparing for this shoot I want to do and I know I want to get all my equipment first then do a practice run or two on location then look for a model but wanted to know you guy's processes

All up to you. I think it comes down to if you arent familiar with the location and it being a paid gig. If I'm not getting paid then what you get is what you get. If I am, I would want to plan some shots. But for the most part, if you know you're equipment and style then you should be good.

I just shoot based on my concept. Adjust my settings as needed.

Blows my mind how important word of mouth and happy clients are.

I've had 6 inquiries today... one of them trying to book a date I'm already blacked out for a wedding.

This monster is growing faster than I can contain it :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

All up to you. I think it comes down to if you arent familiar with the location and it being a paid gig. If I'm not getting paid then what you get is what you get. If I am, I would want to plan some shots. But for the most part, if you know you're equipment and style then you should be good.
I'm def gonna go and try it out before I bring in the model. Don't wanna be there and try to fly off the cuff. I want things to be butter smooth
I just shoot based on my concept. Adjust my settings as needed.
I'll have to make some adjustments because of course I can't account for the model when I'm practicing and he isn't there

I've had 6 inquiries today... one of them trying to book a date I'm already blacked out for a wedding.

This monster is growing faster than I can contain it
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Sounds like you need to start training a second man to pick up the work outside your grasp. I used to have a young guy I was training to be like a second to me if I was busy with a shoot

nice work fam!!

A few from SF City Hall... SO PACKED. I'm not super thrilled with the images. I know I could have done so much better. Not being able to deal with how busy city hall was and how time crunched we were REALLY lends itself to needing more than 7 months of experience. :rofl:

Oh well... the bride contacted me the next day after sending a sample album going on and on about how much she loves them and happy they fired their original wedding photographer. I just know i could have done way better.

@dunksrnice  -can't wait to see what you get from Death Valley. I've been trying to get out there for like 6 months now but just can't seem to put the trip together.

This monster is growing faster than I can contain it 
eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif
Definitely doesn't hurt to go scout, or show up a little early and scope things out. I usually try to have a game plan for spots I want to hit and at what time to make sure the lighting will be good.

Headed out to LA to catch one of Kobe's last games. Only brought my 35mm (52 equiv.) so these are pretty heavily cropped and ISO 3200...

Last edited:

on my last shoot i just google earthed it and searched the location on IG :lol:

Back
Top Bottom