The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Seeking a huge favor from my Photography Thread NT Brethren. My fiance and I are having our engagement photos done next week and I was wondering if a few of you can chime in on some of your favorite ideas you've seen/shot as far as poses and themes. Pictures would be much appreciated as well, I'd appreciate it immensely!

Bruh...but is that not the reason why you are paying a photographer for??...you shouldn't have to come up with the ideas...

Need some help NT. Im looking at either getting the Canon EF 24-105 mm F/4.0 L IS or the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L. I eventually want to turn pro, shooting weddings, birthday parties, engagement photos, and maybe kid portraits. For those of you who do that kind of work please give me some insight on what would be the best glass for that kind of work. Thanks guys and gals.

Past few days.

281 of 365.
6225524517_1f53f589e2_o.jpg

6226028666_5a0d4ef09f_o.jpg

6225508849_6aeb30f5cc_o.jpg

282 of 365.
6229263848_6217837a82_o.jpg

6228696625_6b93275e7e_o.jpg

6226028842_d5363962fd_o.jpg

283 of 365.
6232918199_3cd0929d36_o.jpg

6232905731_b53aa6f383_o.jpg

6233425368_8104521245_o.jpg

More on my Blog,
dunksrnice.net

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by DrinkNike

I use this bag (not my pic)

Not the biggest bag, But it holds my 5d mkII, 2 lenses and a 580ex II no problem...It also has a compartment for an ipad but I don't own one of those.

Info Here
Exactly what I was looking for. Versatile enough to be used as a messenger bag, rucksack, or duffle without all the bulk.

How's the comfort? Any gripes? Thanks.
Yeah its pretty comfy, Took me a little bit to get the strap adjusted how I wanted it though...
What I like most about it is that it doesn't really look like a camera bag

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by burstmode7d

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

What camera/messenger bags are you all using?

My 2 current bags:
28_BG6230_None_6.jpg

Urban-Quiver-Camera-Bag.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Sick. Info?
First is the National Geographic Medium Earth Explorer Pack. I once carried my 7D with my 70-200mm f2/.8L, 24mm f/1.4L, 50mm f/1.4, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, and a 580 EX flash with me to the Philippines with this bag. But I wouldn't do that ever again! My back was torn up!
laugh.gif
 I suggest the large version if you're going to carry more than that. Still, I can carry a body with 2-3 lenses, a flash, a 13" laptop and all my accessories with comfort... tons of pockets!
The second is the Urban Quiver Bag from Blackstone. It's a nice sling bag, incognito and I usually carry my 7D with the 70-200 attached with 2 other lenses. But I have seen people stuff it with a ton of lenses especially if they use micro 4/3's or Leica's and their lenses. Honestly, on a normal day of street shooting, I go with this bag...light and comfy. 

Starting my 365 and this is #1
5748445916_e359353d3b_b.jpg

Short story about this pic : I met this gentleman in New York city while i was testing out my new camera. As i passed by a grungy looking autoshop, I snapped a photo of this man who was sitting and staring straight into my camera. Suddenly i hear him yelling and running towards me. He asked “why did you take a picture of me?!

Here are some from today, i shot most of these w/ the rokinon 8mm fisheye (test phase):

#2 of 365

Story about this pic: Pops! I spent the day hanging out with him. This man is an inspiration of mine. He was born and raised in Dominican Republic. He hustled down to NYC so that he could provide a better future for his future (us Marte’s). No matter how hard the struggle is, this man will always have a positive attitude and strive for the solution. The past five years haven’t been too nice to him financially. To be honest, i worry about him a lot. Recently he purchased a new Cadillac and i asked him in a scolding voice “Isn’t this car more expensive than your previous car?

the Hundreds paparazzi bag is legit. Ive brought it into a few stadiums/arenas without them ever checking the bottom compartment. Also got past a few security places in D.C. and NYC without them ever bothering to check the camera part...they usually only check the top few zippers.

Kinda scary actually...but it works in concealing cameras where they might not usually let you in with.

^^^Yo Rolo. You have a D700 right? Do that have that vibrant settig on there and are you not using it? Like on the D90, the regular setting is on vibrant but when I put it on normal, colors look too desaturated. What mode do you have it one?

Yeah...nice stuff as usual. That set you did on the protest was really good. Some nice captures on there that are way better then what you see on SF Gate.

^^^Yo Rolo. You have a D700 right? Do that have that vibrant settig on there and are you not using it? Like on the D90, the regular setting is on vibrant but when I put it on normal, colors look too desaturated. What mode do you have it one?

Yeah...nice stuff as usual. That set you did on the protest was really good. Some nice captures on there that are way better then what you see on SF Gate.

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

Always coming through with quality work keep it up - nice to see more shots with color too...
I think you should post more color shots as much as your black and whites are still fire...

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

Always coming through with quality work keep it up - nice to see more shots with color too...
I think you should post more color shots as much as your black and whites are still fire...

Back
Top Bottom