The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

10046810433_08ca408444_b.jpg

10046483776_8a68598bd8_b.jpg

I can't do P&S anymore. In fact, I never really could. Gotta get back to a DSLR. Looking for a D7000 or D7100.

How much would you guys say this is worth? Fair to trade for a D7000 + cash or other incentives? Just curious.

Does anyone have any personal experience with teh D7000 vs D7100?

Last edited:
I just know the D7100 has wifi which is going to be the staple of all DLSRs soon. Sending pics and Instagraming and all. D7000 was a staple camera though. So good for the price.

Check out this vid. Talks about how the D7100 is so good that it is more of an option to think of then getting the D600. Focus system on the D600 was just bad.

The d7100 is a great camera, takes great sharp photos and works real well in dim light. If your a nikon shooter you will love the button layout, every possible setting can be tweeked on the fly without having to go through the menu using a series of buttons and dials on the camera. The camera has 24 mp which makes the raw files huge, and since the files are so big the camera can only handle six shots per second before choking on the buffer writing to the sd card. Thats pretty much the only negative about the camera. It has 2 sd card slots, i put 2 64gb cards and dont worry about running out of space.you can also set the camera to save both raw & jpeg photos to the sd cards or use the second slot as a overflow or backup the first sd card. A dongle is sold separately that provides the wifi and gives you limited camera functions on your phone or tablet via app. The focusing system is top notch when using the viewfinder, slow when using the live view.

some older pics taken with the 7100

Last edited:
Another vote for the D7000/D7100. I currently own the D7000 and got it around it's release date and the button layout truly is something that most people overlook. The button layout is essentially as close as you can get to the FX bodies but without having to pay for the price. No regrets buying it whatsoever and literally I want to say that about 70% of the students at school at the time got D7000s. These cameras are packed with so many great features and the AF system is great (although there were reports initially of some backfocusing problems with the outer AF points on some of the early the D7k batches).

My only gripe with the D7k (not sure how much its improved on the d7100) is that I'm still not very happy with it's high ISO performance. Yes it's a DX body but I rarely shoot over 1600 ISO because of it. (disclaimer: I'm a pixel peeper and just hate any kind of noise in my images)

Bros, I finally saved enough change to upgrade my glass. (Been shooting with the kit lens for way too long)

I'm looking for something to shoot around with at all times. Walk around lens. I usually do a lot of automotive shooting, but I want to get into more street / journalism style / portrait shooting for a change.

I'm thinking about getting the 24L II, which is at the very top of my price range. I also REALLY like the 135L but that wouldn't be ideal as a walk-around (I'd still have my 18-55 though)

orrrrrrr

Should I just get the 50 1.4? The thing is I'm shooting on a T2i still (crop-sensor). I feel like the 24L would be great as a walk-around, the 135L would be insane for street photography, and the 50 1.4 would just be in between.

Should I ball? :lol: :nerd:

Bros, I finally saved enough change to upgrade my glass. (Been shooting with the kit lens for way too long)

I'm looking for something to shoot around with at all times. Walk around lens. I usually do a lot of automotive shooting, but I want to get into more street / journalism style / portrait shooting for a change.

I'm thinking about getting the 24L II, which is at the very top of my price range. I also REALLY like the 135L but that wouldn't be ideal as a walk-around (I'd still have my 18-55 though)

orrrrrrr

Should I just get the 50 1.4? The thing is I'm shooting on a T2i still (crop-sensor). I feel like the 24L would be great as a walk-around, the 135L would be insane for street photography, and the 50 1.4 would just be in between.

Should I ball?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
24L will be to limited - you be better off with a zoom or with the 50 as you mentioned.

Personally, if I'm looking at the 24L, I'll jump to the 35L ....

and if you consider the zoom look into the 24-70L 2.8 (nvm you said you was going to keep the kit lens)

Last edited:
I hate ending up in the same ******g locations when I go out and shoot!

I haven't been getting any worthy shots lately.

Feelz bed men.

orrrrrrr

Should I ball? :lol: :nerd:

Love the 24l's contrast and on a crop sensor, Imo, i don't think you'll be that limited.
Although if you do look into the 35l, I highly suggest looking into the Sigma 35mm 1.4.
Some say it's as good as the L glass counter part.
Me personally? I'd still get the 35L :tongue:
after the 24L

First photos with my first DSLR(70d). Nothing interesting but it was cool messing around with the settings in different lightings and learning how to edit photos in lightroom.

23us04.jpg

xkvb55.jpg

Back
Top Bottom