The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Have you tried craigslist?...usually the photography community that sells on CL is pretty legit, I've come up on some crazy steals through there

Have you tried craigslist?...usually the photography community that sells on CL is pretty legit, I've come up on some crazy steals through there

I've browsed CL listings in my area but haven't really found anything remarkable. The prices fall pretty close to the Adorama prices, but the thing is I'd have to pick up. I'm at school right now so getting it shipped to me is really my only option.

So I'm definitely gonna purchase a Nikon 35 f/1.8G sometime in the next few weeks. The only thing I have to decide is where to buy it.

Do any of you guys have experience ordering used lenses from Adorama? I believe they have a used "E+" for $169 or a "D" for $174. Am I better off buying one of these rather than a new one? Also, they have a new lens bundled with a circular polarizing filter for a couple dollars over $200.

Which do you think is the best option?

I buy from B&H which I assume is sort of the same and I just like the free ship and free tax. You save on that at least. Craiglist is fine but the steals I see always have damages on the lenses. For whatever reason, I just like buying new or new condition things.

You can also try the MP over at POTN bro, amazing people there and also good deals...as long as you are careful and not too picky as far as aesthetics go on lenses (meaning dings, scratches on body not glass, missing box, etc) you can save hundreds on really good lenses, flashes and even cameras....you can also offer up a trade.

Here's a lil teaser from my shoot with Dana Linn Bailey yesterday. Can't really release anything too official yet:

I buy from B&H which I assume is sort of the same and I just like the free ship and free tax. You save on that at least. Craiglist is fine but the steals I see always have damages on the lenses. For whatever reason, I just like buying new or new condition things.
Wow, didn't realize B&H had free shipping and no tax. The used lens on Adorama plus shipping and tax comes out to about the same price as a new lens from B&H so I think I'd rather get the new lens for a couple dollars more. I thought I'd be saving more than that by buying used, but I guess that isn't the case. I'll be placing my order with B&H soon. Thanks for the suggestion. 
You can also try the MP over at POTN bro, amazing people there and also good deals...as long as you are careful and not too picky as far as aesthetics go on lenses (meaning dings, scratches on body not glass, missing box, etc) you can save hundreds on really good lenses, flashes and even cameras....you can also offer up a trade.
Thanks for the input man, but I think I'll be going the B&H route. I'll keep your suggestions in mind if I'm gonna pick up anything else in the future. 

It's been months since I've gone on NT. Perhaps posting some photos would get the ball rolling. First two were taken on the streets of Downtown San Diego, the one of the flag was taken at the La Jolla Cliffs.

^Great shots! I really like the first one, looks like something out of a book. Info on the lens you were using?

Nice Sanit! Columbia worth a visit.....for an asian? Trying to plan my next intentional trip.

Hell yeah! I mean, I don't see why not. Beautiful scenery (Landscapes and women. haha), great food, friendly locals, etc. I mainly go to Medellin which is where my family is from. Other popular places for vacation are Cartagena, San Andres, and Santa Marta, and a few others. Look into it, I'm sure you'd have a good time.

Few more...

12112365245_fd09ff3e26_c.jpg

12113026736_5ee177e71b_c.jpg

12112761354_f2b27e3272_c.jpg

12113024566_0f2e515daf_c.jpg

12112665013_13a22d4ff6_c.jpg

Nice video ksteezy ksteezy .

A couple of questions; did you use flash on that picture you edited? Also, do you use presets within LR5 at all?

Thanks bro, yeah I used flash, I'll try to make a video explaining my method and settings for taking that shot and the way I try to maximize the most out of ambient light....I don't use presets within Lightroom...what I do is copy my workflow from one picture and paste on to the next one..,the only other setting that usually needs adjustment after that is minor tweaking on the WB and exposure, this ensures a consistent look throughout your shots....you don't want every other shot to look completely different specially a wedding bro

Nice shots Nacho....hoping to land a wedding out there...Seattle seems really cool, specially for pics

Back
Top Bottom