The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I understand man. Work kills me as well. Hawaii will be fun. Lot's of good stuff there. Peep the guy below. He lives in Hawaii and puts up some cool spots if you can find them:

https://instagram.com/thejerrk/

Get a underwater cam too!

Mostly Photoshop but use VSCO on my phone too actually.

Some photos over the weekend. The last one is shot with the Tamron. Still haven't shot a lot with it but the camera is sharp. Pretty pleased with it.

sf-city-1.png

east-bay-bridge-1.png

Sick.    Accessible through Treasure Island?  Looks like that's where youre at haha

Last edited:
^^^Yup. All from Treasure Island. If you have a car, it's worth sitting up there when he sun is going down. Usually there is no one there when shooting the top pic but if there is, there is plenty of space for you to shoot. Probably one of the few times I would say it pays to have a zoom. I shot both with a 50mm. Would be cool to even get a real close up of the bridges.

Just to show a comparison of shots from one lens to the other. I actually almost forgot how odd it is to shoot so wide. The photo below was shot with the 24mm. Just notice how different the perspective is. The 24mm almost looks like a flat lens and the 15mm looks like a vacuum is sucking in the background. The look is definitely not for everyone. I actually think the 24mm works better in this case. Also notice Tamron's star burst on the lights. Way different compared to the Canon.

wide angle lenses tend to have some distortion & generally the wider the lens, the greater the distortion; supposedly it is even worse on the wide end of zoom lenses. it can also become more pronounced as the camera lens (and sensor) is pointed above or below the horizon (if you have ever shot with a fisheye lens, you likely have seen this phenomenon, as long as you keep the horizon/subject in the center, that part of the image can be pretty distortion free; architectural photographers use tilt-shift lenses to combat some of that distortion when photographing really tall structures). i believe most camera bodies do some correction for whatever distortion a particular lens has but depending on what is in the image it may not always correct everything. i'm probably not describing this correctly but both those images could be further tweaked to be 'flatter,' i believe in theory as long as the plane of the sensor is in the same place & straight on to the subject, one could could crop from a 15mm to the same field of view as a 24mm and get the exact same image (with distortion corrected, of course, same would go for any focal lengths), once the plane of the sensor is not parallel to the horizon/subject the distortion gets more exaggerated & maybe is harder to correct.

starbursts are a result of how many aperture blades a lens has:

Does Photoshop or lightroom offer selective adjustment while editing like snapseed does?

like what? mobile editing apps just tend to be more straightforward & to the point, whereas with the above mention desktop apps are bit more invlolved; photoshop much more so than lightroom...i think anyways

Does Photoshop or lightroom offer selective adjustment while editing like snapseed does?
Do you mean something like: increasing the exposure of a specific area instead of the entire picture? Yes you can do that in lightroom and photoshop.
LR has the function in the developer module. For PS, just make use a selection tool to mark an area and then make adjustments.

like what? mobile editing apps just tend to be more straightforward & to the point, whereas with the above mention desktop apps are bit more invlolved; photoshop much more so than lightroom...i think anyways

In snapseed selective adjustment let's me adjust the colors in the image I mainly use it for my sneaker pics but I find it helpful when I want to edit something but not the entire picture. I try to make my edits look natural.

This is what it looks like

By changing the contrast brightness and saturation the end result will be this

Do you mean something like: increasing the exposure of a specific area instead of the entire picture? Yes you can do that in lightroom and photoshop.
LR has the function in the developer module. For PS, just make use a selection tool to mark an area and then make adjustments.

yea just like that I just purchased a laptop last night and was wondering which program suited for me

yea just like that I just purchased a laptop last night and was wondering which program suited for me

really depends...photoshop is definitely more flexible but the each have their uses...

Lightroom 6 now available.
150 retail.
80 upgrade.
Included with the subscription of the creative cloud.

Is it worth/needed as far as the upgrade?

I was looking on best buy I seen light room they had an teacher/student edition and a soft download card for windows what is the difference

Last edited:
I'm asking because I used to used them but I grew out of it quickly.

I'm sure there are photos that I have taken used without my consent but I really don't care.

I thought about using them again in IG, but again I don't care that much.

I'm asking because I used to used them but I grew out of it quickly.

I'm sure there are photos that I have taken used without my consent but I really don't care.

I thought about using them again in IG, but again I don't care that much.

word. i guess i'm just tryin to (play) keep up with the Joneses...just messin around tryin to see how my lil ragtag creation looks on some shots...feedback was appreciated...thoughts on the re-do's?

OldGloryflyby by that1fool, on Flickr

spreadyowingsandfly by that1fool, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom