The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

a few more flicks from the phantom 4 pro, coming from the phantom 2 it is super impressive how stable this thing is in the air! having all the additional functionality with the app & computer vision is too dope, and having a 1" sensor on it is awesome as well, hoping i get some warmer days for more flight time, been getting frozen fingers something serious...

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

Tokes99......in your honesty opinion, how are the full res files for the Phantom? Are they enough to be on par with some entry level DSLR/mirrorless cameras? I am intrigued to get one for photo purposes and not video. I like the Mavic but know the camera won't be as good as the better Phantoms. I almost think it is worth it to get that rather than say fly in a helicopter and shoot photos that way.

Tokes99......in your honesty opinion, how are the full res files for the Phantom? Are they enough to be on par with some entry level DSLR/mirrorless cameras? I am intrigued to get one for photo purposes and not video. I like the Mavic but know the camera won't be as good as the better Phantoms. I almost think it is worth it to get that rather than say fly in a helicopter and shoot photos that way.

the raw dngs from the the p4p (phantom 4 pro) are better than i expected, for sure...but i don't really think it is on the level of a typical entry level 'serious' camera, its still a 1" sensor, so there is more noise & images are not as clean as on even an entry level dslr. the camera is prolly a step below cameras like the sony rx100 or canon gx7 that have similar sensors w/better glass attached, but the p4p's camera is a good deal better than the camera on either the mavic & the previous phantom 4, which while actually quite good (at least as good as the leading smartphone cameras, if not a little better) have a couple things against them vs the phantom 4 pro - 1) small sensor size 2) no aperture control. i would say if you want to take pictures the p4p is definitely the better option w/aperture control & having a mechanical shutter; the mavic is super attractive with its portability tho, i can imagine with it that being that much easier to carry that most people would get more utility out of that than a phantom; i.e. i think most people would use the mavic in more situations & that might make it the better option, especially if it will be their 1st uav...

i've never been up in a heli but i definitely think flying something like a p4p could get some quality images w/similar perspectives (technically you can't really fly as heli's & other small light aircraft) for less bread in the longrun w/ a great deal of control...because while i doubt it would yield the same experience or results as shooting out in a heli w/a dslr, if your flying skill is decent & you don't get overconfident in your abilities, you would just get so many more opportunities to get the image you want...

Still trying to get the hang of this Delta 3200. Rated at 1000.

BlueRibbon23....nice! I have been using Wordpress for years and even though I mostly use it for hosting photos, I haven't checked out their templates in quite sometime. It seems like they stepped it up with their templates. Probably cause of companies like Squarespace giving them a run for their money. I am going to have to revamp my blog for the new year.

Good to hear that, I had no idea about it until someone mentioned in one of my grad classes. Yes, definitely, you need to check out their templates, has a professional feel to it, I will be using mine for future business inquiries, instead of telling clients "check out my IG feed" lol 
roll.gif

Started making a site/little portfolio a few weeks ago using WIX. You just reminded me to work on it 
laugh.gif

It literally took me 15 minutes to set it up and add my own images. It was very simple and I love how clean it looks, but I need to figure out how to make the images on the homepage smaller so I don't have to scroll down to see the rest of the image. I think I might just need to choose a new template tbh. Idk, but tons of cool templates as well when I was choosing. 

Good to hear that, I had no idea about it until someone mentioned in one of my grad classes. Yes, definitely, you need to check out their templates, has a professional feel to it, I will be using mine for future business inquiries, instead of telling clients "check out my IG feed" lol :rofl:

Your website is off to a super good start. Remember to show content based on the type of work you're trying to get hired for.

I use squarespace for my website. It was super easy to setup and im super happy with it.

Btw, I've gotten an insane amount of business form my social media outlets. :pimp:

My only real shots in NYC this week. Didn't even make it out to the Big L mural. I at least thought I had two days but the other days, it was raining. Even ran into some fellow IGers out shooting. Oddly we followed like the same heads, except both of them had like 5 figured followers. Haha.

nyc-1.png
nyc-2.png
what lens did you shot with the first picture? I like the rays or produce.

I'm not really feeling the second image ... Probably cause I have done it a bunch of times and seen it a bunch of times and the lighting you got probably cause you was there after the blue hour is not flattering.

In regards to your other image I like it ... Just the rays are a bit big but they are nice.

I shot that a few times at night and never like it ... I end up going up the street to minimize the rays and I don't care much for the empire state building unless is daylight for this image.

^^^^^I shot it what the Tamron 15-30mm. The star burns are nice but they are always hazy and not as crisp as say my Canon 24mm. I shot all that on a raining night. It was a tough day of shooting and I had to shoot after work which pretty much means blue hour is out of the picture. I wish I could go and shoot in better light but every time I am in NYC, I am always there during winter time. I am happy with it but I agree, I have shot all these photos before. I couldn't really go that much farther since my hotel was in the financial district. I'll come back one day when it is for vacation.

Wassup guys :smokin, Im going to travel around Japan(Tokyo,Osaka,Kyoto) hopefully in the next 2 weeks, anyone have a recommendation spots that i have to hit?
-photography
-shopping
-food
etc
thanks alot!

^ what kind of hobbies or interests do you have? Best thing about Japan is they do everything to the extreme... so if you have a hobby or interest, you can usually find an amazing area that can satisfy that.

Back
Top Bottom