The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I dunno, I've used all those tips ya giving while editing on LR....still doesn't compare to the palette, I'm about to cop two buttons...then I'll never have to touch my keyboard or mouse again while using LR.

Going to use the new feature on ig to split this one up into three images :smokin

I'd be intrigued in trying to use that tool but I doubt it would help with my workflow. I am pretty slow with editing and can only imagine how it is editing like a whole wedding shoot. I am still wrapping up my Iceland portion of my photos and got like 2 more pics to go. It's funny how my shooting style has changed. I actually don't have a lot of different photos but am happy I got one good photo at each spot. Definitely an influence from Instagram. I am also happy I still didn't have to use filters for any of these photos and only used Photoshop for the most part. Some images like the plane at sunset I finally got to do some exposure blending. Pretty happy so far and have so much more to edit but decided to share what I have so far.

iceland-3.png
iceland-2.png
iceland-5.png
iceland-6.png
iceland-4.png
iceland-1.png

Last edited:
I dunno, I've used all those tips ya giving while editing on LR....still doesn't compare to the palette, I'm about to cop two buttons...then I'll never have to touch my keyboard or mouse again while using LR.

that thing would make editing a lot more fun :lol:

I'd be intrigued in trying to use that tool but I doubt it would help with my workflow. I am pretty slow with editing and can only imagine how it is editing like a whole wedding shoot. I am still wrapping up my Iceland portion of my photos and got like 2 more pics to go. It's funny how my shooting style has changed. I actually don't have a lot of different photos but am happy I got one good photo at each spot. Definitely an influence from Instagram. I am also happy I still didn't have to use filters for any of these photos and only used Photoshop for the most part. Some images like the plane at sunset I finally got to do some exposure blending. Pretty happy so far and have so much more to edit but decided to share what I have so far.

iceland-3.png

iceland-2.png

iceland-5.png

iceland-6.png

iceland-4.png

iceland-1.png
That last shot though 
pimp.gif

Anyone know the difference in the v1 and v2 Peak Design capture clip? Honestly might just cop the 20 dollar bootleg from ebay the youtube reviews I've seen on the no brand ones have made it seem like they're pretty close in quality to the PD joints and dropping 80 got me like 

Trying to cop all the accessories I'm lacking for my upcoming 3 week trip to Japan. Definitely am going to be coppin the pusherlabs midi controller I posted up there too for 180 it's a steal.

Anyone know the difference in the v1 and v2 Peak Design capture clip? Honestly might just cop the 20 dollar bootleg from ebay the youtube reviews I've seen on the no brand ones have made it seem like they're pretty close in quality to the PD joints and dropping 80 got me like 

Trying to cop all the accessories I'm lacking for my upcoming 3 week trip to Japan. Definitely am going to be coppin the pusherlabs midi controller I posted up there too for 180 it's a steal.
build quality really. I have the v2 and it's solid. Idk about bootleg versions, I wouldn't put my trust in it to hold my camera. There's a reason it's $20 and it's most likely cause of its build quality.

Damn, you must give no ***** to cop a $20 dollar bootleg and actually use it to support your camera. Type of dude who drinks milk after the expiration date.

Last edited:
Damn that plane is gonna be down to a tin can when I go check it out

Nah....you good. The only real pain is how far it is to get to it. Its about a 30-40 min walk from the parking lot and the road to it was all rocky. I had some bad shoes there so it was a total pain and it was raining and super cold at the time. The plane is sort of mellow dramatic in person but captures well in photo anyways. Don't let people tell you that you can't get on the top of the plane cause we had some adult there telling people that. Because I was hesitant, I had to take my photo during sundown and it caused for my photo to be way less dramatic and to have more noise than I'd like.

Gotta look for some windows compatible options, not everybody on MAC like y'all money bags

Gotta look for some windows compatible options, not everybody on MAC like y'all money bags

my main rig is a custom built pc
6700k i7 4ghz proc
gtx 1080 8gb graphics card
16gb ram
512 SSD
2TB HDD
1TB HDD

Screen is 3440x1440 34 inch ultra wide

I named her anti-venom

my video editing rig is a mac

Screen is 27 inch 4k

If i had the money I would have gotten a mac pro for my main station but apple doesn't actually make anything as powerful as what I put together.

I used to have a 4TB HDD in my computer as well only for photos but last week I upgraded my operation to have a 9TB server so both work stations can easily access the files we need.

Last edited:
Damn, you must give no ***** to cop a $20 dollar bootleg and actually use it to support your camera. Type of dude who drinks milk after the expiration date.
Or you know I don't see the point in spending literally x4 as much on a piece of metal? I've read at least 10 reviews and watched multiple videos of people using the non branded ones and haven't heard any horror stories. It's literally just pieces of metal and knobs. The only reason to buy the PD in my opinion is if you're truly trying to support the brand. 

Let me guess unless I'm using a carbon fiber manfrotto I don't respect my camera either? F outta here. I definitely have no problem cutting corners where I can to save money as someone on a budget. I've been using the non branded black rapid strap from ebay for about a year and it's money and cost 1/3 of the price.

Y'all really stay getting finessed with this non branded = cheap mentality. A lot of brands are straight overpricing their products. Oh y'all don't use yongnuo flashes either? Or cheap intervalometers? I understand with the clip it's holding your camera so you might be worried but Peak Design literally has a lower end model that's plastic. The no brand one is also metal like the "pro" PD model. Even with the attachment dude was talking about in the video makes it way more cost efficient.

Last edited:
Or you know I don't see the point in spending literally x4 as much on a piece of metal? I've read at least 10 reviews and watched multiple videos of people using the non branded ones and haven't heard any horror stories. It's literally just pieces of metal and knobs. The only reason to buy the PD in my opinion is if you're truly trying to support the brand. 

Let me guess unless I'm using a carbon fiber manfrotto I don't respect my camera either? F outta here. I definitely have no problem cutting corners where I can to save money as someone on a budget. I've been using the non branded black rapid strap from ebay for about a year and it's money and cost 1/3 of the price.

Y'all really stay getting finessed with this non branded = cheap mentality. A lot of brands are straight overpricing their products. Oh y'all don't use yongnuo flashes either? Or cheap intervalometers? I understand with the clip it's holding your camera so you might be worried but Peak Design literally has a lower end model that's plastic. The no brand one is also metal like the "pro" PD model. Even with the attachment dude was talking about in the video makes it way more cost efficient.

Doubt any one here has experience with the "grey market" ones. Give it a go and report back.

I am still running on an old 2010 iMac and I updated the Ram to 16GB and it works fine. With the last recent update though with Mac's OS, I've experienced so many crashes that it's not even funny. Thank god Adobe has put a recovery system in Photoshop where most of you work will recover but I am not used to Photoshop shutting down this much. Granted I had like 20 RAW photos in it that I was editing which doesn't help but still, never experienced this before. I think the next iMac, I'll upgrade and get it. Would like a better screen to edit from.

Not that serious, wasn't trying to attack you. Nice photos.

This is the new Sigma 14mm on a camera body to get an idea of the size. Lens looks crazy.

Last edited:
Not that serious, wasn't trying to attack you. Nice photos.

This is the new Sigma 14mm on a camera body to get an idea of the size. Lens looks crazy.
Thanks. Wasn't trying to attack you either. Just letting people know that 3rd party products don't just disintegrate after the first use. Been using something very similar to http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Rapid...876344?hash=item43e83945b8:g:0BQAAOSwT~9Wlcsv  and after using multiple Black Rapid straps in person I was happy I didn't shell out the extra money. Been using it for a year like I said and has been great.

That Sigma 14mm looks like a beast. Might have to get rid of my Rokinon 2.8 and upgrade to that. 

IDK I like the larger lenses, they seem to give off more of a professional appeal. The small ones look like toys

It's nice to have smaller lens for traveling but I'd rather have the bigger more sturdier lenses for every day uses. The Sigma 35mm art is my main go to lens and is perfect for my every day life at home, but I'm worried about it being too bulky for every day walking around in Japan for 3 weeks. It would be so pointless but I'm heavily considering buying a 35mm f2 just to have something lighter to throw on the camera.

Feel like I just need to make the jump to mirrorless 
tired.gif

IDK I like the larger lenses, they seem to give off more of a professional appeal. The small ones look like toys

While i do agree with this 100% the reality is most clients see your gear waaaayyy after seeing your work and hiring you.

And that mine is bigger BS is really only a pissing contest amongst other photographers.

Back
Top Bottom