The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Just got a Sony A 55. Was wondering if any of you guys knew any GREAT lenses to buy for this make and model. Also, here are a few pics I recently took. No edits, all raw.

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

Originally Posted by airjzz

Just picked up a T2i and hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this thread. It's my first DSLR so I'm fairly new to this. One of the many pictures I took last night.
Hopefully you love it! I know I love mine 
pimp.gif

Get a flickr set up and add me
smokin.gif
Thanks man, I'll for sure add you.

@robxdrew, This was taken at Embarcadero in SF.

@Mr Fongstarr, thanks for the tip. I'll try to mess around with Lightroom as I don't really know much about editing.

It's not a editing thing. There is a way to correct your white balance with your camera. If a place you are trying to shoot leans towards too many yellows, you can counterbalance it with blues so your picture will come out more white.

Check out this video for more:

Just picked up a T2i and hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this thread. It's my first DSLR so I'm fairly new to this. One of the many pictures I took last night.
Hopefully you love it! I know I love mine 
pimp.gif

Get a flickr set up and add me 
smokin.gif

@Mr Fongstarr, thanks for the tip. I'll try to mess around with Lightroom as I don't really know much about editing.

My bad. The place looks exactly like Roxas BLVD in Manila.
laugh.gif

Add me too dude.
wink.gif

Welp. Just made a impulse buy while being bored at work. Tamron 17-50 2.8 in the mail and should be here tomorrow
pimp.gif

You're gonna love that lens. I sure do.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by robxdrew

5397952705_3c4e075ffe_z.jpg

Is this Roxas BLVD?

That is actually dubbed as The Island to skaters here in San Francisco. But it is pretty much on the way to the Fairy Building on Embarcadero in SF.

Cool pic. Might want to somewhat color correct the white balance if you want a more white look. I know everything down there is yellow but I have achieved a better hue on my camera.
laugh.gif
you mean Ferry?

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

Just picked up ordered a Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 DG EX MACRO for my Canon 350D/Rebel XT.

Any opinions on anybody who's had a chance to use this lens.

Can someone give me an opinion please.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

You guys are a lot of help. Thanks.

/sarcasm

I'd say it's fair to say most people in here shoot with Canon or Nikon so you might want to be a little more patient for some advice. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

You guys are a lot of help. Thanks.

/sarcasm
I don't think I've seen anybody post with a Sony camera, so you probably wouldn't get too much info here. But if Sony is anything like Canon or Nikon in terms of lens, get a 50mm 1.8

Should I make separate photography thread? lol Clevereddie, thanks for the reply. It's the most help I've gotten.

It's not a editing thing. There is a way to correct your white balance with your camera. If a place you are trying to shoot leans towards too many yellows, you can counterbalance it with blues so your picture will come out more white.

fong, do you shoot in raw format? the camera raw editor in pshop (assuming you use pshop) lets you adjust the white balance to your preference. i used to try to judge my colors/exposures just by using the lcd screen/on cam but found that when i upload my pics, the colors are different than what i saw on the lcd

hey airjzz, what is that extra thing on the right side of the lense? I have seen people use them on their cameras but wasn't sure what it was for..does it come with it also or do you buy it seperately?

^ its a lens hood, the general purpose of it is to prevent flare. it also (imo) makes lenses look cool
laugh.gif

I just got a Lomo Diana + as well as the 360 spinner. The 360 spinner is pretty basic, but does anyone have any tips for the Diana. I've already converted it to 35mm, 120 is too much of a pain to develop.

Hopefully you love it! I know I love mine�
pimp.gif

Get a flickr set up and add me�
smokin.gif

Oh wow, thanks for helping me out fong. I'll try that out. Thanks everyone for helping me out so far, pretty much still trying to learn all the basics.

What's up NT Fam. I need your help
I want to purchase a mobile lighting kit. I pretty much know which light stands and umbrella's I want to purchase...but I am having a hard time choosing a the triggers and flashes.

I need 2 receivers and 1 controller and 2 other flashes. - must be battery operated or rechargeable and wireless. I don't need anything super fancy, but something mid-range, I guess.
Any suggestions?

I own a Nikon D90 and a SB-600, if that matters.

thanks.

Just picked up ordered a Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 DG EX MACRO for my Canon 350D/Rebel XT.

Any opinions on anybody who's had a chance to use this lens.

Can someone give me an opinion please.
That lens is designed for a full-format camera. In my opinion you should have copped the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 instead. Other good lenses for a Canon small sensor camera are Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 or the more expensive but superior Canon 17-55 f/2.8 USM IS

Back
Top Bottom