The Official Planking Thread *Sense of humor is required for this thread*

Originally Posted by gllahone84

That’s the truth. I went and found out some information about planking. I'm not the first person who knows about the origins. Slaves were chained and attached to plank beds. They were then forced to lay down with their arms by their side and their wrist chained to their waist. Stacked upon each other with no room to move. That's just one small part that is related to the middle passage. So I don't really find it all that amusing. To each his own though.

you should have included that with the picture initially...

That’s the truth. I went and found out some information about planking. I'm not the first person who knows about the origins. Slaves were chained and attached to plank beds. They were then forced to lay down with their arms by their side and their wrist chained to their waist. Stacked upon each other with no room to move. That's just one small part that is related to the middle passage. So I don't really find it all that amusing. To each his own though.

I'm pretty sure most of those people "planking" are not doing it to mock slavery and the condition in which the slaves were brought to the West in the middle passage.

I'm pretty sure most of those people "planking" are not doing it to mock slavery and the condition in which the slaves were brought to the West in the middle passage.

Mine...

dc50xt.jpg

and my boy's

30clsph.jpg

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...n---life-#reply-11229331
So because slaves were transported laying down, it means that the current internet fad is based on slavery?  Talk about a reach.  FYI, slaves were transported laying on their backs or on their sides so as to avoid asphyxiation, so the position isn't even the same.

When it was invented it wasn't even called "Planking", it was called the "Laying Down Game".    You're implying that the two guys who invented planking in England in the late 90s were actually racists

who where doing trans-atlantic slave impressions?  

And just because you can find some idiot's blog making a connection doesn't make it true.

Have you ever read anything on the internet that you didn't believe?

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...n---life-#reply-11229331
So because slaves were transported laying down, it means that the current internet fad is based on slavery?  Talk about a reach.  FYI, slaves were transported laying on their backs or on their sides so as to avoid asphyxiation, so the position isn't even the same.

When it was invented it wasn't even called "Planking", it was called the "Laying Down Game".    You're implying that the two guys who invented planking in England in the late 90s were actually racists

who where doing trans-atlantic slave impressions?  

And just because you can find some idiot's blog making a connection doesn't make it true.

Have you ever read anything on the internet that you didn't believe?

Back
Top Bottom