The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Just to clarify, they DO play TV audio through them? Like I could potencially mute my tv and just have the tv volume play through the headset, as well as the chat, yes?

Yeah when you connect them sound only outputs through the headset. The TV mutes itself. I haven't chatted with them yet. They might be difficult to use with chatting though if you got the game volume too loud you might be screaming into the mic without realizing it.

How's the directional audio?
nerd.gif
Already copped a headset, but I'm still curious about how well these work, though. IGN did give them a 7.5.My friend is trying to cop one of these soon. Are they recommendable to cop at $99? He just missed out on the Amazon and Overstock pre-orders i notified him of.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Just to clarify, they DO play TV audio through them? Like I could potencially mute my tv and just have the tv volume play through the headset, as well as the chat, yes?

Yeah when you connect them sound only outputs through the headset. The TV mutes itself. I haven't chatted with them yet. They might be difficult to use with chatting though if you got the game volume too loud you might be screaming into the mic without realizing it.

nerd.gif
Already copped a headset, but I'm still curious about how well these work, though. IGN did give them a 7.5.My friend is trying to cop one of these soon. Are they recommendable to cop at $99? He just missed out on the Amazon and Overstock pre-orders i notified him of.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

nerd.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
The directional audio is very accurate. I was playing Black Ops & you could tell where the fire was coming from. You can easily tell which side the enemy is coming from & hear their footsteps. I am really impressed by these. These are my first stereo headsets so excuse my excitement. If your friend has money to spare, I would recommend him buying them.

Disclaimer
I'm not an audiophile, just a gamer.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

nerd.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
The directional audio is very accurate. I was playing Black Ops & you could tell where the fire was coming from. You can easily tell which side the enemy is coming from & hear their footsteps. I am really impressed by these. These are my first stereo headsets so excuse my excitement. If your friend has money to spare, I would recommend him buying them.

Disclaimer
I'm not an audiophile, just a gamer.

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I've been vocal on how weak / boring the XMB is, glad to see Sony taking note, and hopefully this does make it to a future FW upgrade, 4.0? Hint. 
PS XMB is clean, simple, and extremely easy to use. I dont understand how you dont like that. I hope they do NOT change it.

Word...Best interface i have seen on a gaming system.
Don't know how anyone would not like it
this! it really is easy to use

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I've been vocal on how weak / boring the XMB is, glad to see Sony taking note, and hopefully this does make it to a future FW upgrade, 4.0? Hint. 
PS XMB is clean, simple, and extremely easy to use. I dont understand how you dont like that. I hope they do NOT change it.

Word...Best interface i have seen on a gaming system.
Don't know how anyone would not like it
this! it really is easy to use

Finished Resistance 3 and got about 60% of the trophies in one playthrough

- people who are interested in trophies, its a easy pass (50 Bronze trophies, 4 sliver and 1 gold SMH)
- Playing the game is easy on difficult, but super human is super hard and not worth the 2nd playthrough for the one gold trophy.

Finished Resistance 3 and got about 60% of the trophies in one playthrough

- people who are interested in trophies, its a easy pass (50 Bronze trophies, 4 sliver and 1 gold SMH)
- Playing the game is easy on difficult, but super human is super hard and not worth the 2nd playthrough for the one gold trophy.

^^

Supreme, what difficulty did you play on? Normal or Easy?

Also, did you just naturally get all the achievements during the initial play through or were you aware of what you needed to get?

Thanks. Hopefully I'm not too confusing!
laugh.gif

^^

Supreme, what difficulty did you play on? Normal or Easy?

Also, did you just naturally get all the achievements during the initial play through or were you aware of what you needed to get?

Thanks. Hopefully I'm not too confusing!
laugh.gif

Is Resistance 1 & 2 worth playing before playing R3 ?

I played R1 way back in the day when the PS3 first launched thought it was ok but skipped R2 completely.

I'm not much of a fan of FPS shooter games though.

But I can get R1 & R2 for free and then get R3 for $10 bucks.
Oh and I red  box'ed dead island and will be picking it up after work. So if any NT'ers want to run some co-op get at me on PSN.

I played R1 way back in the day when the PS3 first launched thought it was ok but skipped R2 completely.

Oh and I red  box'ed dead island and will be picking it up after work. So if any NT'ers want to run some co-op get at me on PSN.

First playthrough you can pick from casual, normal and difficult, i played on difficult. Once you finish the game you can play through on superhuman with all your weapons, but no ammo until you reach the location where u received the gun smh.

There are only 5-6 trophies you will unlock naturally, so you have to look at the trophy list before hand. There is however chapter select but some trophies you wont be able to unlock without a walkthrough

hope that helps

First playthrough you can pick from casual, normal and difficult, i played on difficult. Once you finish the game you can play through on superhuman with all your weapons, but no ammo until you reach the location where u received the gun smh.

There are only 5-6 trophies you will unlock naturally, so you have to look at the trophy list before hand. There is however chapter select but some trophies you wont be able to unlock without a walkthrough

hope that helps

Originally Posted by MR J 858

I played all 3 Resistance and i find R3 the best one. If you want to play R1 and R2 for the backstory, no need since R3 barely touches on it. 

Originally Posted by MR J 858

I played all 3 Resistance and i find R3 the best one. If you want to play R1 and R2 for the backstory, no need since R3 barely touches on it. 

Mmm might get that collection. I loved Shadow of the Colossus, can't wait to try ICO though

Back
Top Bottom