**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

He never cared in the past anyways. If he did now his perfect time was to give Rae some acknowledgement when he did the SB release. That’s crazy how they checking for sales release more heat at those locations
Bruh, like EPMD, it's strictly business for RL. The retro collections are the only acknowledgement they are giving to old heads. I know they hooked Thirstin Howell up with the SB collection but that was it. I know Rae wanted some honor from the company but that fell on deaf ears.

It's always been business. And things will get moved at discounts eventually. If you buy what you like and are patient, you'll come out with something every time. While everyone is looking the same like on the first day of school, fall back and cop what they ignored. That's what I've done for years.
I like your strategy. I employ the same strategy to the sneaker game now which I left about 5-7 years ago since the vultures picked it apart. You can find me at Marshalls/Ross/TJ any day of the week for kicks. I haven't been to a Foot Locker or FinishLine in 1-2 years except to shop for my son and daughter.
There is a cool cat on IG @thatsbruceleroy that I follow: he only buys Purple Label or like you he is crazy patient and will wait for stuff others ignored.

Bruh, like EPMD, it's strictly business for RL. The retro collections are the only acknowledgement they are giving to old heads. I know they hooked Thirstin Howell up with the SB collection but that was it. I know Rae wanted some honor from the company but that fell on deaf ears.

I’m not sure if it was Ralph or Just blaze that helped but Rae definitely got blessed at the SB event.

I like your strategy. I employ the same strategy to the sneaker game now which I left about 5-7 years ago since the vultures picked it apart. You can find me at Marshalls/Ross/TJ any day of the week for kicks. I haven't been to a Foot Locker or FinishLine in 1-2 years except to shop for my son and daughter.
There is a cool cat on IG @thatsbruceleroy that I follow: he only buys Purple Label or like you he is crazy patient and will wait for stuff others ignored.

He's been a regular in this thread since it was created supermanblue79 supermanblue79 .

I get the business side of things, but I think Ralph will shoot them selves in the foot by not discounting. It's a major reason items sell out. Thw only reason they're selling out now is because these are retro lines with the perception that they're "limited". For the past 10 years new RL was rarely if ever bought and resold for a higher price. It's always been wait it out for sales or restock. Ima be here either way tho

This Colorado collection is looking like another beast tho...

RL is testing a strategy of "exclusives". You've often noted certain doors/retailers releasing product made for their brand. I noticed the UO and zappos are unique. If you look at the line item sheet for Macys exclusives, some colorways are not on there. The UO pants appear to be different: the green stripe seems to be a unique material. The CP-93 release on Tuesday will tell the real story: Macys will have their own style, Bloomies will have their own, etc.

The RL store in L.A. received only 3 CP-93 tote bags from the company. They saved one for me and I picked it up right away. I was shocked that the striped jacket sold out so fast everywhere. A highly coveted piece. Each visit to the store, people were buying them as well as RL employees :lol:.I got an XL and I'm going to go back and have the Polo "script" patch added to the back just below the collar. The custom guy makes items right on the sales floor while you wait. He has a sewing machine emerge from below a counter like something out of Star Wars. Very cool. The sailboat hoodie with the embroidery on the chest? They got plenty of them! Don't be fooled by RL.com reading "sold out". They had FSR on the floor and in the back. $165 I believe. A lot of items have been sitting in the stores in L.A.because dudes are holding out for the limited edition polos.

Dude, the multicolor striped baybreaker (that's the name of the model/design, right?) would be amazing for the polo script. What color script you go with?

I need to get out to that LA store. Check out what I'd imagine is the polo store of the future.

Hoping chicago store sticks around. It's a huge property and on Michigan Avenue, so I'd assume it's a costly location... The restaurant next door has different books, so I don't think it would effect whether they'd keep the store or not.

Interesting tangent read:
Was flipping through some old Wall Street Journal papers and came across an article that explained a Macys purchase experience some months ago-unexplained cancel, but able to repurchase exact same items moments later. So to the Jabroni that took a brainless shot at me defending Macys practice, you have no idea what the F talking about cause still flawed system.

Good Luck to everone else this CP-93 release.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-pa...uld-get-you-flagged-as-a-fraudster-1524139200

Dude, the multicolor striped baybreaker (that's the name of the model/design, right?) would be amazing for the polo script. What color script you go with?

I need to get out to that LA store. Check out what I'd imagine is the polo store of the future.

Hoping chicago store sticks around. It's a huge property and on Michigan Avenue, so I'd assume it's a costly location... The restaurant next door has different books, so I don't think it would effect whether they'd keep the store or not.

They talked about putting money into renovating Chicago soon. Definitely been neglected over the years.

They talked about putting money into renovating Chicago soon. Definitely been neglected over the years.

I think until recently it was their largest store in the world... but it seems forgotten about by corporate.

am fine with the store being ignored by corporate if that means they'll keep RL Restaurant open.... love that place, and its so big, almost never a problem getting in to eat.

UPDATE: The RL rep told me that the Hi Tech collection will start shipping in August and that Ski will ship in November. The goose jackets (Ski and Suicide) will be super limited. Otherwise Fall 2018 will be off the chain: he showed me varsity jackets and sweaters that will knock you out! Holiday will introduce new bear sweaters and blackwatch prints that will have you salivating.

Enjoyed reading your very informative posts.
Appreciate the insight. Coming from a guy old enough to remember the OG releases of all these retros.
When you mentioned "blackwatch". Are you talking about the traditional blackwatch plaid or the Polo Team Blackwatch gear. Thank you.

I see this as a good opportunity to intro/re-introduce myself; For those who don't know me, Old head from the VGA days, and waaay before that the original 80's & 90's Lo era. My only claim to fame has been as "THE" rocker from Kentucky. Went on-line dormant after the collapse of VGA, while plenty heads jumped over to tha 'Gram. Been lurking, just reading the comments, and peeping the scene in general. My thoughts on all this retro fever are positive. Long term, OG values will rebound, just maybe not as high. But look, the old stuff was getting OLD, (as in physically old), XL and XXL were made of unobtainiaum, and of course, the best dealing was NY-centric. Flash forward to 2018, and FINALLY I've got XXL Lifesaver. Used to pop up only once every 3 years. Finally got my Cross Flags in XXL (and jumped out the window and bumped my head for an XL out of RalphUK when I thought these would be unavailable. Drove down the street and there is XXL just laying around for straight retail. DOH!). My most favorite ever, Hi-Tech, is right around the corner. I don't need head-to-toe every piece, and at my age, ain't rockin' some of these colors. Just do me, keep it movin' nobody gets hurt. Those holdin' that original heat, that is ORIGINAL heat. Ain't nothing going to change that. Everyone recognize, and I'm still in that lane, too.

Krash, I see you out there. Maximus, what up. See you still raising hell. LOL.
rsz_img_3184 (1).jpg
DSC00004-444.jpg

I'm going to go with the navy blue Polo script on the back of my striped jacket.I'm going to get it done Monday. I will definitely post pics when its done. They can sew it on the spot. I believe the patch is $15. They also have football and Indian head patches. Basically, anything that can be placed on a varsity jacket.

Yes, this is the RL store of the future: A very small format in 3 parts: Room 1 current retro collection; 2) Room 2 custom , denim, polo wall and accessories. Room 3 cashier and fitting rooms. Your custom experience is done by a large touchscreen tablet for the polos and the patches are sewn on by a seamstress right in front of you. I've seen bigger Starbucks than this. There are only 2 stores in the country testing this format but look for it to rolled out in other cities.Especially since the company has closed large, unprofitable locations within the last year or so.

Enjoyed reading your very informative posts.
Appreciate the insight. Coming from a guy old enough to remember the OG releases of all these retros.
When you mentioned "blackwatch". Are you talking about the traditional blackwatch plaid or the Polo Team Blackwatch gear. Thank you.

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy wearing RL clothes and talking about them too. This is basically the only forum I know of besides IG about RL culture that is consistent and informative. I was a teenager/college student in the 1990s and at my school, Virginia Union University, I was blown away because the dudes from NY/Philly/DC were Polo down to the socks all day everyday. Coming from Los Angeles where I was the only Lo head, it was as if I was Malcolm X visiting Mecca for the first time: I found my spiritual fashion home and brothers! I lived in Cavalier Men's Shop (RIP) on Broad Street in Richmond, VA or I would go to DC to shop or occasionally NY. I had cookie boots back then , high and low, stitched with the excellent leather, not that cheap plastic and glue on sole that they sell now :sick:

BLACKWATCH: the traditional blackwatch plaid is going to be bananas this holiday! Blazers (single & double breasted), pants, vests and loafers. You will love it

Last edited:
I'm going to go with the navy blue Polo script on the back of my striped jacket.I'm going to get it done Monday. I will definitely post pics when its done. They can sew it on the spot. I believe the patch is $15. They also have football and Indian head patches. Basically, anything that can be placed on a varsity jacket.

Yes, this is the RL store of the future: A very small format in 3 parts: Room 1 current retro collection; 2) Room 2 custom , denim, polo wall and accessories. Room 3 cashier and fitting rooms. Your custom experience is done by a large touchscreen tablet for the polos and the patches are sewn on by a seamstress right in front of you. I've seen bigger Starbucks than this. There are only 2 stores in the country testing this format but look for it to rolled out in other cities.Especially since the company has closed large, unprofitable locations within the last year or so.

Reminds me a bit of the Rugby store they had in Lincoln Park Chicago. Unfortunately I had no money at the time, so didn't take advantage.. But I'm pretty sure they had patch board, customization table/area where they'd sew on it.. And maybe 3 rooms, it was small and cramped...

BLACKWATCH: the traditional blackwatch plaid is going to be bananas this holiday! Blazers (single & double breasted), pants, vests and loafers. You will love it!

Check out my IG @preppyfunk

Think the old leaked photos showed a polo bear sweater with a hold, the tuxedo bear... But now he was wearing the new black watch tuxedo jacket maybe?

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy wearing RL clothes and talking about them too. This is basically the only forum I know of besides IG about RL culture that is consistent and informative. I was a teenager/college student in the 1990s and at my school, Virginia Union University, I was blown away because the dudes from NY/Philly/DC were Polo down to the socks all day everyday. Coming from Los Angeles where I was the only Lo head, it was as if I was Malcolm X visiting Mecca for the first time: I found my spiritual fashion home and brothers! I lived in Cavalier Men's Shop (RIP) on Broad Street in Richmond, VA or I would go to DC to shop or occasionally NY. I had cookie boots back then , high and low, stitched with the excellent leather, not that cheap plastic and glue on sole that they sell now :sick:

BLACKWATCH: the traditional blackwatch plaid is going to be bananas this holiday! Blazers (single & double breasted), pants, vests and loafers. You will love it!

Check out my IG @preppyfunk

Props for the Air Max 90 Infrared (my first nice expensive shoe) and the blue long sleeve Snow Challenge Ralph Lauren rugby (bought couple years ago at discount). Starting to miss buying PRL at discount with all these Retros. CP-93 prob my last hardcore Hunt at full cost.

SAVE YOUR MONEY. RL is quietly working on a deal with Macys/Bloomies/other dept stores to eliminate coupons/markdowns on RL products. I heard it from a credible source. I don't know how that will stop friends/family days but just a heads up for y'all. Ralph ain't screwing around anymore. They've been watching stuff sell out at full price AND reducing skus.I think they've cut back their product offerings by 25%. You will notice less gear filter down to Marshalls/TJ maxx because of this. RL will probably send leftovers to factory stores instead of off price discount chains.
This is great news. RL has a warehouse full of inventory from corporate buybacks every season so it will be interesting to see what channels they will utilize to get all of this new old stock to customers that still want it (*raises hand), especially the high tier items.

He's been a regular in this thread since it was created supermanblue79 supermanblue79 .

last-dragon-gif-5.gif

Thank you

I do buy Purple label sometimes, and what I consider to be well made Polo label, Rrl, and RLX items, but only at 60% off or better. I'm glad to see that others are doing this as well. We determine the price point, not RL. If you are patient, there is nothing from RL that you won't see again at least twice at a discount outside of sample pieces. If it doesn't come around and you miss out, it was never meant for you to own in the first place.
Be patient, and buy what makes you happy.

This is great news. RL has a warehouse full of inventory from corporate buybacks every season so it will be interesting to see what channels they will utilize to get all of this new old stock to customers that still want it (*raises hand), especially the high tier items.

Thank you

I do buy Purple label sometimes, and what I consider to be well made Polo label, Rrl, and RLX items, but only at 60% off or better. I'm glad to see that others are doing this as well. We determine the price point, not RL. If you are patient, there is nothing from RL that you won't see again at least twice at a discount outside of sample pieces. If it doesn't come around and you miss out, it was never meant for you to own in the first place.
Be patient, and buy what makes you happy.

Ever been to that purple label outlet? Think it's in Florida maybe?

I’ve got some a the limited items that I’m gonna sell on for retail plus shipping (from Scotland), if anyone is interested! Riviera shirt (size large, SOLD), white P2 jacket (size large, £345), Sailing Flags jacket (size XL, £519) and Sailboat jacket (size XL, £519). Anybody interested hit me up.

BF8A4B19-4772-414E-B402-66BDB275A78A.jpeg

CAAA2118-BB07-4738-BDA0-85494D6539CD.jpeg

C3FE0E51-BE36-453C-9253-D4DBFD329B40.jpeg

25760253-8F61-44B1-B25E-CD0B120D6BC9.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom