**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I've already got one foot out the door. Don't even remember the last thing I bought.....crossed flags hoodie maybe?

But if they retro the Polo Sport shark graphic I'm jumping right back in.
Took note in '89. Really jumped in 92'. My "retirement" years were like, '98 - '04. Came back when I woke up one day, looked at the state of gear in the streets, and the state of my gear specifically, and I was like, "What happened to that fresh Polo era???" Long story short, got back in, and will never leave again.

With that said, there will be break periods if Ralph just ain't hittin' for me, and so far, this is looking like a break year. And actually, thanks Ralph, so I can house max/Air Max this year. And of course, hunt whales.

20210304_123922.jpg
My 1st rugby

Took note in '89. Really jumped in 92'. My "retirement" years were like, '98 - '04. Came back when I woke up one day, looked at the state of gear in the streets, and the state of my gear specifically, and I was like, "What happened to that fresh Polo era???" Long story short, got back in, and will never leave again.

With that said, there will be break periods if Ralph just ain't hittin' for me, and so far, this is looking like a break year. And actually, thanks Ralph, so I can house max/Air Max this year. And of course, hunt whales.

That's how I'm feeling right now.

The new stuff is alright, but all the intermingling of lines got a bit weird for me.

The old stuff I wanted that got retro'd was unobtainable for me (Snow Beach pully, Stadium pully).

And as I'm getting older, I've got a lot less desire (and room) to hoard wears. Whatever I have still holds weight though, so I'm good either way. I'm half out, but I'm still observing.

everybody is out until they pull you back in....

1614892064249.png

but yes 97/ 98-04 is the time warp we entering into, there will be some items here and there but as far as iconic collections id say there's not a lot left... fill in the__________polo sport if you will...thats why these last 4 years were so mind and credit blowing...I did very well hope everyone else did the best they could...we will be enjoying this run for decades just like the originators did...props to LL...thank you RL!!

Last edited:

That's how I'm feeling right now.

The new stuff is alright, but all the intermingling of lines got a bit weird for me.

The old stuff I wanted that got retro'd was unobtainable for me (Snow Beach pully, Stadium pully).

And as I'm getting older, I've got a lot less desire (and room) to hoard wears. Whatever I have still holds weight though, so I'm good either way. I'm half out, but I'm still observing.
Right there with you. I look at 98% of this stuff like ehhh its ok...i guess...

Especially these days working from home most of the time i figure whats the point. Midas whale stack my paper.

Allot of Polo collectors dry clean those pieces that have vinyl lettering.

"If you take that shirt and immediately throw it into the washer and dryer, there's a good chance the vinyl could peel or crack. Do not dry clean."

Technically you not supposed to dry clean the Snow Beach or Stadium since they have vinyl lettering.
Thats why allot of those OG pieces have cracks and peeled letters.

This is why I do not like using vinyl and prefer embroidered or sewn in and screen printed items.

So I cant dry clean the stadium or snow beach. It will have to be washed inside out, in cold water, by themselves in the machine
, with very little soap, and hung to dry.

None of the polo with vinyl letters is supposed to be dry cleaned. lol
Dont say Im an *** hole. Just saying I was right all along.
Just a rant. No big deal.

And nobody drops links anymore. Re sellers have no soul. Its sharks in dirty waters out here.
They dont care if ya never get another piece retail. Its all about money.
These guys have people in retail to tip them off when the good stuff comes just like the sneaker game.

If ya want info on the cycle hat, make friends with a few sales girls in the dept stores.
Tip them off a few dollars when a hot item comes in so they can tell you as soon as its in. Thats whats going on.

Last edited:
when in doubt hand wash in the tub ice cold so cold it hurts your hands and hand dry on a flat clothing drying rack and you should be gucci with more or less anything

20.00 dollars a pop for embroidered cp 93 shirts.
Dudes slept on these. Thank God.
These can go in the cleaners. Wont ever have to wash them.

trip_shirt-removebg-preview.png

short-removebg-preview.png

Last edited:
racing-removebg-preview.png

cycle team.png

cycle_ol-removebg-preview.png

The Braziliam colorway was brilliant. Rich Bright and vibrant.

bmx-removebg-preview.png

Lets hope there is a red and yellow variant to the new cycle jacket.

Pressurized steam cleaning is da best for me in terms of removing stains and killing germs and everything else

it’s not as intense pressure as an autoclave that we use to sterilize medical equipments but its da same concept

Back
Top Bottom