**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Info on socks 👀

polo black tartan socks, probably a few years old.

today with the fam playing games and what not
EFC17CE6-2B35-496A-821A-697CA5FE1FD9.jpeg

is that a 500E?!?
1994 E320. I wish it was a 500E. Rear fenders, (all fenders, for that matter), would have been much wider and flared. That’s the reason the 500E was too wide to fit down Benz own assembly line, so they sent the 500E across town to Porsche to hand assemble. (Porsche was flat broke at the time, and taking that contract actually saved the company). Besides that and the engine, everything else is the same.

Since you asked…

Polo edit:

I would kill for Polo to drop these just one mo’ ‘gin. It’s the little things.
B246B1DC-E39D-425D-8999-F827CBCC46BC.jpeg

Last edited:
D17AF05E-8A1D-4D15-940C-6034C8509135.jpeg
Not even a quarter of a bin. Just a few of my faves.
again century 21 with the pick ups (multi packs and underwear below retail sometimes they would have these sales that was just outrageous)
(Bottom right)The martini bear is embroidered and a silky sheen. not the sheer see trough ones that was released.
(Top row) Flying tigers 🐅 dress socks (so many dope pieces with this design that pops up from time to time
(Top row middle) the k-Swiss shield one are a socks / wrist band combo. Had multiple pairs and all three colors (grey,blue,white. Gifted my last white pair to my big brother Dallaspenn a long time ago).
(Bottom row) USA 🇺🇸 multi pack ankle socks w/ the “USA” on the forefoot and not the side.
polo jeans w/ embroidery patch
Polo sport old stock not retro ankle socks
Polo terry cloth w/ peek a boo man & horse on heel tab.
Gonna miss C21.

Last edited:
Love that cap. One of my favs
mann I still have the pic I screenshot when the hat went live on RL.com Lol.this is one that won’t be going anywhere

Facts.
Schooling the youth 👨🏾‍🎓
the-more-you-know.gif

Quality spread. RL really did put their all into their Polo products back then. The hat and the sunglasses are a perfect example, Just incredible and most importantly, Functional.
and to think this is not that long ago (2014)
That hat totally my guy. Warm like a mother!!!!
There’s a black pair to the aviators but I passed cause I have a black / Crome pair that’s the same model. One of those dam I should have…. But never no “took a L” mentality.
This the other pair of that style I have supermanblue79 supermanblue79
A6E6D2FB-6660-4365-BC20-C957760D0FB2.jpeg

Last edited:
D17AF05E-8A1D-4D15-940C-6034C8509135.jpeg
Not even a quarter of a bin. Just a few of my faves.
again century 21 with the pick ups (multi packs and underwear below retail sometimes they would have these sales that was just outrageous)
(Bottom right)The martini bear is embroidered and a silky sheen. not the sheer see trough ones that was released.
(Top row) Flying tigers 🐅 dress socks (so many dope pieces with this design that pops up from time to time
(Top row middle) the k-Swiss shield one are a socks / wrist band combo. Had multiple pairs and all three colors (grey,blue,white. Gifted my last white pair to my big brother Dallaspenn a long time ago).
(Bottom row) USA 🇺🇸 multi pack ankle socks w/ the “USA” on the forefoot and not the side.
polo jeans w/ embroidery patch
Polo sport old stock not retro ankle socks
Polo terry cloth w/ peek a boo man’s & horse on heel tab.
Gonna miss C21.
Those Polo Jeans flag joints. I actually forgot I used to have Until seeing this pic. Why oh WHY did Ralph’s never do that in that particular execution with the Hi Tech patch. Confounds me to this day!

Old outfit architecture/ fly spread master pic.
I remember that boots shirt was the talk of the town …yeah Macy’s on 34th Harold square for under retail and not resale prices. Not really a fan of the fleece blanket material so this is why that’s the only shirt I have like that. Thought the goose was horrible but in a vest would be dope. ( I Ever come across that goose it will be modified to just that).
E087F6AF-0D78-4F99-B887-4230773CE05B.jpeg

the now defunct century 21 was one of my spots for over 20+ years. Caught so many gems 💎 from all the spots they had in Manhattan and the one that was in bk. Caught all my aviators from them,retail prices varies from season to season line to line
One of my favorite pairs
Men’s auto aviator shield in brown w/ perforated leather wrapped frame 🔥🔥🔥
retail $260
Century $58.99
😎
A66DDA87-C873-444A-9CFF-85AEECFF0D63.jpeg

another one of my favorite crowns.
The more recent 2014 corduroy trapper / Elmer Fudd hat. This piece represents what some of us know and expect of RL when it comes to pieces. Neck wind gard in addition to the ear flaps,The mid western blanket lining makes this hat a fully functional piece 💯
It only made sense to include the “country” or “sportsman” branding on this hat unlike many recent line / collections “misplaced” inclusions.
380576D3-CF53-4DBF-B885-E8E556A4D6A2.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the reason that RL released enough Polo Sport P Wing Tees to satisfy the demand., which never happens. They know that the Limited Tokyo Stadium Capsule is already done before they've had a chance to post the stock images. The P Wing Tee is riot control. And it's my favorite retro release to date considering the price point and the availability. I hope RL does this again for the masses.
I am happy about the pwing tshirt also. The gray and black ones from a few years back were missing something. Definitley did it right this time.

I have been in this thread for 6 years..watched plenty of people take W’s while i at times i failed miserably but i still showed love. Thats the game we play it doesnt always work out. But If your gonna flex with pictures thats cool... own up to it. But dont flex and then play it off a few days later like your trying to help people…then expect no one to say anything. People in here with first dibs on the Lo ironically are the saltiest ones going on rants. Lol makes no sense

I believe the engines/brakes systems based off of the SL500 at the time and also it took 18-20 days to build one so back and forth from Porsche and Mercedes to keep Porsche from kicking the bucket only a handful was shipped to North America, around 2k out of almost 10k built I believe . Yeah 500E is my all time favorite car since HS, I had to two chances to get one one for 10k and another for 14k smh now they’re in the high teens 20s regret not getting one. A timeless model along with w223 (90s s class)

1994 E320. I wish it was a 500E. Rear fenders, (all fenders, for that matter), would have been much wider and flared. That’s the reason the 500E was too wide to fit down Benz own assembly line, so they sent the 500E across town to Porsche to hand assemble. (Porsche was flat broke at the time, and taking that contract actually saved the company). Besides that and the engine, everything else is the same.

Since you asked…

Polo edit:

I would kill for Polo to drop these just one mo’ ‘gin. It’s the little things.
B246B1DC-E39D-425D-8999-F827CBCC46BC.jpeg

Some recent home pickups

Original, in package, Polo Sport pillow case
E74D772A-A4AC-429A-B807-ACEDD72591D8.jpeg

original, in package, “Ralph” pillow case (the logo of the Ralph brand.)
432F8DC3-5B96-4688-9DDD-B632FD575CD8.jpeg

Added another southwest fabric sample square. Up to 4 now. Mainly trying to find 80s/90s, but will pickup anything good. Eventually going to redo a chair, I think, to be aged brown leather, with wool fabric covers on the cushions.

B65EB3A1-F4FE-49AE-8006-711D55288D6C.jpeg

Macys has their “VIP” sale going on right now but for the first time to my knowledge it barely applies to most the Lo… y’all think RL finally stepped in to stop sales elsewhere too?

Y’all notice they officially re-introduced the RLX brand (not just rlx golf, but rlx proper) recently?

I noticed last winter they did a capsule of rlx stuff for winter jackets and vests. They tied it in with purple label on the site, but it didn’t have purple label/rlx tags, just rlx. It was also showing up at places that only carry polo, and not purple label.

figured it was a test run to see how well rlx did as a tier between polo and purple label, and in stores that wouldn’t make sense for purple label. (Macy’s, Bloomingdales, etc).

looks like expanding on that. They have a pair of joggers, matching jacket, sweater jacket, hoodie, etc. all in this general understated rlx vibe.

RLX joggers = $248

polo=$98, $125, $148,$168,$198 (generally, I realize sometimes items are more expensive. Polo ski joggers last year were $268, the patchwork polo country joggers were $298).

they even are back to using the old rlx tag. Not the purple label version.

8809169F-79BD-4F9C-8298-F5F8BA421D26.png
4071DEE6-1DA8-483E-BF43-76973F1059C8.png
093E8932-B6E8-4781-90AC-8F82D3155320.jpeg

Think I remember the rlx vest from last year or early this year. Came in green, black, and maybe blue. Was hoping to catch it on sale but my size never made it unfortunately. Last time I saw it was online at Harrods. They had listed twice as well, one as purple label and one as Polo Ralph Lauren

Edit: now that J think about it, might of been 2019

Last edited:
Back to regularly scheduled programming,
My latest customs back from the tailor:
F4186393-AFF8-4461-8802-322DB54ECF15.jpeg
93C52F0C-0516-4E26-A561-1932E79F8AF7.jpeg

pretty rattled the seamstress didn’t align the pocket patch properly on the shirt but until I learn to do this stuff myself I’ll deal with it.
89EF4A3B-5D31-4690-83E7-F02B3EA08061.jpeg

Also seeing this badge on a bunch of items this year, hoping there’s more I haven’t seen, I’d love a complete fishing line all dropping in the same season rather than the 1 or 2 pieces we’ve been slow dripped past couple years. I picked up the homespun 100% cotton shirt jacket with ripstop nylon reinforcement & yoke, website said classic fit but I need to exchange cause it’s not nearly big enough to layer in my classic fit size.
B9AD5452-21E9-40C5-9701-7F852048FFC0.jpeg

lastly these hit outlets in more limited numbers than usual outlet stock I am pretty sure:
6D5EDA8A-ABB3-48D2-A4A1-BBCBF8555F39.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom