**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Damm I guess that bear sweater with the sled and dogs on it didn’t go as low as I thought it was gonna go it’s nearly sold out now, whoever posted that Zappos link that was the cheapest I saw it.

Y'all DO realize that China now owns the actual production facilities that are in Italy, and stock them mostly with Chinese workers, right?

Do your early 2020 Covid history, and China getting ripped in late 2019, and then Italy get ripped early 2020. Remember China bringing a bunch of their workers home from Italy, and Italy shouting about they wanted a lot of these workers sent back home to China? Then both countries locking down? The reporting on that back then is when the world found out that, even in Italy, your Gucci/Prada/Fendi was being manufactured by Chinese folk to high-end spec, or out-sourced to their sister facilities in China.

Made in China doesn't mean what it used to mean. They can build to whatever spec the customer pays for. Word to the iPhone you are probably reading this on.

I'm not paying that much for some kids who bathe in the ganges river full of dead bodies and poop to make my stuff
Yes, you are. One way or the other. Word to the exclusive Nike on our feet. Notice the only time Lebron has "no comment" is when they ask him about where and who is making his shoe? It is what it is, but please stop thinking the withered, wise, Italian craftsman up in the hills is hand-crafting your shizz. These manufactures is living in 2024/25/26 economies.

Grabbed a Mallard sweater, they had them marked to 299 with 25% and 30% stacked. $160 pre tax...seems they sold pretty fast at that price as they only had a few small sizes left.
Happy to see people grabbing these! 25% is a pretty weak clearance mark down tho, good thing they got the double stack coupons rn. Given how low the varsity is being had for I figured these might be sub $100.

Happy to see people grabbing these! 25% is a pretty weak clearance mark down tho, good thing they got the double stack coupons rn. Given how low the varsity is being had for I figured these might be sub $100.
Yeah but they were originally 400, so they were marked down to 300, and then another 25 and had a 30 stacked.
It may see further drops, but I guarantee the good sizes will be non existent.

If it had the outlet tag/quality I'm sure it would been sub 100 already, but it's actually really good quality fwiw...

Yes, you are. One way or the other. Word to the exclusive Nike on our feet. Notice the only time Lebron has "no comment" is when they ask him about where and who is making his shoe? It is what it is, but please stop thinking the withered, wise, Italian craftsman up in the hills is hand-crafting your shizz. These manufactures is living in 2024/25/26 economies.
I had no idea. Thanks for posting; I learned something. Only 15 % of my closet is Purple Label, and every luxury piece is top notch whether it's made in Asia or made in Italy. There's no difference aside from tailoring on some things. There were a few years that RL would take unsold, high level Polo Clothing, sew Purple Label tags into them, and sell it at 2x's the old Polo msrp a year later. They would also take unsold Men's Purple Label, and re-engineer it as part of the Women's RL Collection the following season. The quality is so close that it meets the Ralph Lauren Standard for that group of customers. No one is complaining.

My outlet got the mallard sweater.
Also has a bunch of the tiger varsity’s.
Message me if anybody lookin I can go grab it. Just pay shipping.

Finally home after a long day… was able to get the Jacket for $224.99… went to the outlet mall and they ain’t had it.. they checked other stores and said to call around.. I called a few stores and still nothing.. was able to get some good service from a store that didn’t have the jacket… son looked up nationwide and found 2 in Miami … I called them up and they had my XL… I used the code and also with my veterans discount … price came to 225.

IMG_8486.jpeg

Y'all DO realize that China now owns the actual production facilities that are in Italy, and stock them mostly with Chinese workers, right?

Do your early 2020 Covid history, and China getting ripped in late 2019, and then Italy get ripped early 2020. Remember China bringing a bunch of their workers home from Italy, and Italy shouting about they wanted a lot of these workers sent back home to China? Then both countries locking down? The reporting on that back then is when the world found out that, even in Italy, your Gucci/Prada/Fendi was being manufactured by Chinese folk to high-end spec, or out-sourced to their sister facilities in China.

Made in China doesn't mean what it used to mean. They can build to whatever spec the customer pays for. Word to the iPhone you are probably reading this on.

I’m not against China at all with goods. As you stated their factories today are top notch.

That said for $900 I want my clothing made in Italy. Like my shoes. Personal preference.

Most purple label I’ve seen was made in Italy so this surprised me a bit.

Back
Top Bottom