**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

@rrllegend Dope. All of it.

What I copped for myself.

Nice....super dope....I never think of socks smh!...why couldn't the website have the serape backpack

Last edited:
My dogs are too smart they are on their best behavior when people are around but when we are a sleep or away from the house that's when they have their fun. This dude is a couch potato for like 80% of the time but the second we leave him alone he gets into something. It's actually pretty funny but if you pay enough attention go him during the day u can see him thinking about what he's gonna due when the coast is clear. Dude was starring down some Oakley's I use for work about 3 hours one day , I though it was the lenses that intrigued him, as soon as I went to shower he was climbing on top of the sofa to reach them. My great Dane is more bossy though the fool barks at you when he wants to be rubbed or petted and will not sleep unless it's on the couch or my bed.

My dog is almost the opposite. She behaves well alone, most of the time. And, when it's just my wife and I, she basically just lays around and solicits petting. But, when people come over, she gets over stimulated and tends to go nuts for a while. After a bit she settles down. The one thing that's crazy is that she knows how to open the refrigerator. We had to put a child lock on that thing!!

Dont be a smartass. There's the taffetta which I guess is similar. I'm not an RL connoisseur.. so I dont stay up on discontinued styles.

I guess supplying correct info is being a jerk nowadays.

Nice....super dope....I never think of socks smh!...why couldn't the website have the serape backpack

I bought mad socks this time around!

Regarding your other question, I think it would have to be the Stadium line for me too. It also has a ton of pieces, which gives it an advantage. And, you get the hats too, right? This is a landslide, IMO.

And, I'm assuming you are talking basically one year - like you couldn't choose "the polo bear" (Not that I would choose it over Stadium, even if I got everything in it, including the downtown and BOTH cashy martinis).

Keeping it lower key, I'd love more Respect Wildlife pieces.

The wildlife series is dope too...I think I only have like 2 or 3 pieces...In regards to low key the RL2000 series is another fave of mine I love the sleek futuristic look.
But real talk, I could just retire off of any and all the lines in 1992 alone...

But to keep it interesting and fun....give me your top 5 pieces (whether you have it or not) from any collection, from any line of RL....GO!!!
1. Pwing rings jkt
2. 1992 Plate hoodie or pwing hoodie either one
3. Athletic bear burgundy
4. Indian head 94 knit
5. RRL varsity tiger jkt

Not easy....I could easily change this list

Last edited:
my top 5(random order)

1. blown-up cross-flags knit

2. blown-up crown-crest knit

3. Pwing hoodie and sweatpants

4. cookie-crest hooded pullover jacket

5. Alpine rugby

my top 5(random order)
1. blown-up cross-flags knit
2. blown-up crown-crest knit
3. Pwing hoodie and sweatpants
4. cookie-crest hooded pullover jacket
5. Alpine rugby

Dope list...I wasn't thinking about the crest...but which color? It would have to be purple for me (red is a close 2nd)

Like others the Stadium line would probably be my no.1 line but a close 2nd is definitely the Sportsman line. I love this line for its graphic pieces that are inspired by Hunting/Fishing magazine covers from the 1930's/40's:

I also love these 'Outdoorsman' shirts (although I'm not sure if they were part of the 'Sportsman' line?):

The reason I love RL is that it captures a sense of Americana perfectly. Ralph was from a poor immigrant family who lived in the bronx, but the classic American lifestyle and the imagery that went with it was very clear to Ralph it seems. He knew how to take this imagery, put his own spin on it and make it his own. That is how alot of great art is made, and Ralphs Best pieces are great pieces of art in my opinion.

The New York subcultures that formed around Polo in the late 80s and 90s are fascinating to me because they also took this idea of taking something that wasnt meant for them (expensive clothing, that was aimed at rich preppy kids at the time) and using it to create their own unique style. This culture felt very organic though and not forced like modern day fashion trends are.

90% of the brands items are pretty mediocre in my opinion. However, the pieces represented in that 10% niche really hit that perfect spot between 'Cheesiness' and classic design. Much like Pop Art does. Stuff like the 92 Ski graphic definitely makes me think of Roy Lichtenstein.

Last edited:
Pickups finally came in.  Slim fit flagstaff Jeans, kind of underwhelmed with it. I will still keep it because I don't have any light wash jeans.

Limited edition camo field jacket. there are so many little details that this jacket has that separate it from the normal everyday field jackets you see. Its actually surprisingly warm wit a nice slim fit  and there are extra pockets and zippers in places you wouldn't even think about.

Pickups finally came in.  Slim fit flagstaff Jeans, kind of underwhelmed with it. I will still keep it because I don't have any light wash jeans.

Limited edition camo field jacket. there are so many little details that this jacket has that separate it from the normal everyday field jackets you see. Its actually surprisingly warm wit a nice slim fit  and there are extra pockets and zippers in places you wouldn't even think about.

What details does the jacket have I opted for the shirt instead

That Tiger Varsity is so serious. Great Pic Polo Sport.

Box-Love the RRL Limited Camo Jacket

Diddy, Great Idea.
Here's my Top 5 All Time RL (own them all)

1. Polo Tweed/Leather Down Filled Hunting Vest

2. Polo Tweed/Leather Patchwork Sport Coat

3. RRL Handknit Serpe Cardigan

3b. Polo Knit Serape Henley Sweater

4. Purple Label Patchwork Cardigan Wool/Tweed/Suede

5. Polo SAMPLE tagged Full Shearling/Leather Shooting Vest

Last edited:
I know it was answered before but did anyone exchange items from the 65% off at a physical polo store?

Last edited:
Nice SMB... love the serape cardigan and Henley....the cardigan is very similar to this yr blue label. Always a fan of tweed and the sample vest is dope

Thanks man. I've yet to see that backpack anywhere. You?
Thanks as always. Wheres the Purple Label leather in your lineup? That's about the toughest thing I've ever seen you post which is saying a lot.

Nope never seen it, maybe it will be release later in the summer or in the fall is my best guess

So they are taking returns/exchanges or nah?

One of my dresses too big. And the other I can do without.

Back
Top Bottom