**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Boxes 1&2 of 6

not sure if n e logos on da back.
pics to clarify?
:nerd:

wait a minute--- I THINK I see what you are trying to do there :lol: :lol:

I'll be the first to admit tho, I have no buns/cake. Sorry! But yea, that sale at Dillard's is pretty cool. Should check it out. I MIGHT go back and get that vest if it's still there. If not, I ain't trippin'. I copped that jacket tho with the speedness.

Boxes 1&2 of 6
Nice pickup on the slim fit flagstaff  jeans. at first I wasn't feeling them but then i wore them for the weekend and now i'm in love with them. They are the perfect light wash jeans. How do you like the Cpo shirt with the eagle on the back and the pullover I'm really interested in those pieces. Ive have heard quite a few people give bad reviews on the Mendoza Jacket especially on Styleforum.

Cpo and pull overs won't get no play till October unless I get that bike, it's already hitting the 90's in San Antonio . The Mendoza is cool but it is/was serverly overpriced at 1800 should be no more that 1200 honestly. Washed jeans are cool , scarf is huge, hat is tiny ( even though I got a large) , shirts same as usual, boots on point, and the wallet is butter . Still got more rigids and tees in the other boxes

Honestly I'm kinda of disappointed with the Mendoza jacket buy for less that half can't be that mad.
Thanks for pics. I can see why you're disappointed compared to fall/winter outwear, but for what it's worth it is a Spring leather jacket. The leather looks premium quality, and you could easily wear it during the cold season in SA. I agree that it's a great buy at discount.

Trust u never need any heavy coats in south Texas. Got a wool pea coat and was looking like a fool this winter.
Time to focus on the hard to come by now starting with this in a xl

Nice pickup on the slim fit flagstaff  jeans. at first I wasn't feeling them but then i wore them for the weekend and now i'm in love with them. They are the perfect light wash jeans. How do you like the Cpo shirt with the eagle on the back and the pullover I'm really interested in those pieces. Ive have heard quite a few people give bad reviews on the Mendoza Jacket especially on Styleforum.

I had the flagstaff denim in my cart at 65% off but was concerned about getting the proper fit and just the overall feel and look of such a light wash, so I passed. Your previous post made me glad I did cause I was anticipating being underwhelmed by them in person. Now this post has me regretting it cause I really do need a good lightwash.

Cpo and pull overs won't get no play till October unless I get that bike, it's already hitting the 90's in San Antonio . The Mendoza is cool but it is/was serverly overpriced at 1800 should be no more that 1200 honestly. Washed jeans are cool , scarf is huge, hat is tiny ( even though I got a large) , shirts same as usual, boots on point, and the wallet is butter . Still got more rigids and tees in the other boxes

Nice haul so far. Those are fleece cutoff shorts? Hows the fit? Above or below the knee?

I had the flagstaff denim in my cart at 65% off but was concerned about getting the proper fit and just the overall feel and look of such a light wash, so I passed. Your previous post made me glad I did cause I was anticipating being underwhelmed by them in person. Now this post has me regretting it cause I really do need a good lightwash.
Nice haul so far. Those are fleece cutoff shorts? Hows the fit? Above or below the knee?
At first glance they are nothing special probably because the distressing is minimal. The denim has a great medium weight and it wears  in nicely. also, due to the minimal distressing it doesn't stand out too much so you can get a ton of wear.  its constructed out of Japanese selvedge denim which is always a plus in my book. Its a piece you have to wear to in to really appreciate it.

Flagstaffs are nice for the price. Fllece shorts stop mid knee when worn around the waist with no sag. Honestly got them to wear around the crib and to run around in

Quick question; Is it possible to guesstimate when a sale is comming up, and what things may go on sale?? Thanks in advannnce

Quick question; Is it possible to guesstimate when a sale is comming up, and what things may go on sale?? Thanks in advannnce

Yes usually every 60 days a 25% comes in for the current season than it gets bumped to 30-40% than a final markdown of 50%. The 65 % is usually for employees only honestly and the madness that just happen is once every blue moon. Macy's and rl stores usual have deeper discounts than online from past experiences .

Yes usually every 60 days a 25% comes in for the current season than it gets bumped to 30-40% than a final markdown of 50%. The 65 % is usually for employees only honestly and the madness that just happen is once every blue moon. Macy's and rl stores usual have deeper discounts than online from past experiences .
Yea I know that pologate sale isn't consistent. Jus more regular sales I was inquiring about. Thank you very much for the info. Repped

Yea I know that pologate sale isn't consistent. Jus more regular sales I was inquiring about. Thank you very much for the info. Repped

Yeah, after a while, you kind of get a feel for playing the odds. To add to that -

Overall, most things make it to sale.

Experienced RL heads are pretty savvy shoppers. So, even most "hot items" make it to sale. The time to beware is when the hoi poloi is alerted - see the bring it back Bear knit, for reference.

Accessories almost always make it to deep discount.

And, the other thing to beware of is the size game. For anything piques the interest of the vintage dudes, XXL and XL are usually the first sizes to go, especially if the item is custom fit. ...Team beer belly right here! So, if you need larger sizes, you might have to pull the trigger a bit earlier than if you need a medium, for example.

Last edited:

For some reason I feel like they've had 65% off, usually at the very end of one season going into the next...I mean at that point it's really just scraps, but you can pick up some great deals still

Yeah, after a while, you kind of get a feel for playing the odds. To add to that -

Overall, most things make it to sale.

Experienced RL heads are pretty savvy shoppers. So, even most "hot items" make it to sale. The time to beware is when the hoi poloi is alerted - see the bring it back Bear knit, for reference.

Accessories almost always make it to deep discount.

And, the other thing to beware of is the size game. For anything piques the interest of the vintage dudes, XXL and XL are usually the first sizes to go, especially if the item is custom fit. ...Team beer belly right here! So, if you need larger sizes, you might have to pull the trigger a bit earlier than if you need a medium, for example.
Thanks my good man. I'm XL too so that was good insight!

I will typically buy everything I want on the first or second sale then keep an eye on it and buy again if it gets cheaper. Then I return the first one I bought. That way I don't miss out because I waited too long.

Back
Top Bottom