**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

RIP to the rugby brand. It was fun while it lasted, but it kinda got stale. Seriously, how many arm stripe cardigans and stripe rugbys with a single crest can a person buy?
roll.gif
 when is rugby shutting it down. im not gonna front i love the rugby look.

The sizing varies but I love rl cause how it fits when you do get the right size

fits me perfect
Very true, I have yet to find a clothing brand that fits as well as RL, when get the correct size of course

Last edited:
The sizing varies but I love rl cause how it fits when you do get the right size

fits me perfect
I don't even go near their classic fit stuff. The custom fit stuff is good though.
I love the custom fit also, just wish the sleeves where a bit longer on some shirts, guess I got long arms

I was able to order 3 polos and a tee from the Rugby site, hope they fit good, will post pics once they come in

Nothing from the Rugby brand ever fit me right.

I should be hitting the gym more than hitting the bars, but whatever...

Glad to see the event was a success. I had originally planned on going, but I had family stuff popping and a guest in from out of town.

nah g, you didn't appreciate the Rugby line if you thought that's all they had to offer....

Over 5 of the brands 9 years, I acquired 10 rugbys, 4 sport coats, 4 vests, 8 polos, 10 cardigans (4 of which are arm striped), 3 pairs of cords, 4 sport shirts, and one pullover sweater 2 pullover sweaters, 3 beanies, 4 bow ties. With those numbers you eventually realize that items were the same thing each season with modifications (ex. the skull and bones patch moved from one cardigan to another). Add in the fact that most of their rugbys were vintage and nicked and faded and you have a recipe that can't last very long. For the fall season, the only stand out item was the orange duck hunting sweater. I just didn't feel as though there was much new or fresh unless you bought patches and made it yourself. It got the point where I was like "I already have this", when a new season started. I imagined that others felt the same way and that's why the sales declined. I appreciated the brand and culture plenty. I still wear my current stuff and probably will for several years at least.

The stores are supposed to be closing on 2/2. All sales final.

http://anthemculture.com/2012/11/03/ralph-lauren-rugby-label-to-be-discontinued/
http://www.huhmagazine.co.uk/4460/ralph-lauren-to-discontinue-rugby-label

anyone know anything about RL Black Label? I picked this jacket up for $70 new today...apparently it's got a retail of $895...? I've been watchin ya'll talk a lot about Rugby, RL, RRL, Polo, D&S, Purple, but nothing on black label...can someone school me?

^ I believe that Black Label is the high fashion line that RL put out for its ready to wear line

Not 100% sure tho, since I never purchased and RL Black Label since its not my style

But damn you got a hell of a deal on that jacket
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Purple Label is RLs top tier premium luxury label focusing on traditional/classic styling, while Black Label, a step underneath Purple Label, is RLs modern take on luxury using sleek styling.

Going to Rugby tomorrow in Georgetown for the last time, sad day. Love the store, even the atmosphere is different from any other place.

:frown:

workers were always super cool, I'd always chop it up with them as a shopped. Reg RL stores workers act bougie as ****.... like calm down *****, yo *** working in retail :lol: :lol: It may be RL but it's STILL retail

For those that want the Big Skull Rugby Hoody or the Big Skull Polo, buyer beware that I received these items today and they have the small skull. You will not receive the item as shown on the website. I called and they have to verify with the warehouse before moving forward with a return/exchange.

Back
Top Bottom